Old November 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM

pixlepix Woo who?
The Book of Granite Guardians

The Book of Granite Guardians
- Collection 10 - "Warriors of Feldspar"

Spoiler Alert!

Synergy Benefits Received

- WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
As guards, Granite Guardians may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered _________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Granite Guardians- They're like Minions... only not. B-

OEAO: B-

Cleon: Tier 5 (136/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B-

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The book of Granite Guardians

Gain High Ground is cool, but seems strange on the Granites. I really like that both their other powers are tied to height advantage, even though I would've liked terrain-based powers, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Well think about it. They only have 3 move, and they are 100 points. Personally, these guys look so cool. They may actually bring Warden 816 into use. Oh and you have Kaemon Awa for the name of them.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Nah. 100 points for a 3-man squad that only has synergy with the Warden? 5 Defense is great and their height-based powers are cool, but they only have 3 Move. Hmm, Gain High Ground does let you move EACH, though. Still, probably fun and good, but not underpriced.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

I'd like to try:
Guardians x 3
Rats x 3
Warden
Isamnu

Rats go out first to clog out the map. Granite guardias follow out and kill. Warden for cleanup.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The obvious figure to compare them to is another expensive melee squad of 3 with no bonding: the Minions of Utgar.

MoU have one more defense and, effectively, one more attack (2 deadly strike = 4 dice, or 6 on height, as opposed to 3 or 5 on height for the GGs). Both get 4 move, but MoU get to ignore height on all four moves, not just the last one. The range of 3 is a really cool power, but I'm not sure it swings the comparison in their favor, even at 10 points cheaper. Giving up 1A/1D is a lot.

They're pretty well-balanced and seem like a solid B figure to me, but I wouldn't call them overpowered.

One interesting thing is that gain high ground works for ALL guardians you control, not just the three you activate. This encourages using a bunch of squads of these guys. 4 squads are a huge investment, but then you're getting 12 free moves at the end of the turn!

GGx4 + KMA... 500 points and 15 hexes. Discuss.
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

The combination of 3 Move with Gain High Ground is very thematic. Out in the open they are slow and clumsy, but are very agile in rugged terrain. Just how I would depict rock golems.

The way Gain High Ground works with the other two abilities is very well thought out. I like the idea of getting the extra 2 range, or the extra attack on adjacent enemies when they have height advantage.

Oh yeah, very nice use of the Obsidian Guard sculpts!

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

Seems to me that Raelin would be a good partner for these guys. They are slow, so they could bask in Raelin's aura for quite awhile, and because every Granite Guardian you control can move one space at the end of your turn, they could form and rearrange a melee barrier to protect Raelin from melee threats.

I'd like to try:

3x Granite Guardians 300
Raelin 380
Kaemon Awa 500

All those figures with 7+ defense...

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonyScaper View Post
Seems to me that Raelin would be a good partner for these guys. They are slow, so they could bask in Raelin's aura for quite awhile.
I like it. These guys all slowly creeping up the map, all with 7 defense and often throwing 3 attacks of 5....
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

These guys will be great to use against a figure on a glyph as they can remove the enemy figure and then take the glyph themselves.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
For 'Gain High Ground', when it says they can move 1 space, does that include spaces that are heavy snow/slippery ice?
No, it shouldn't, as those require 2 spaces of move to enter.
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love these guys. I can see a huge amount of potential. They will be able to get to high ground very quickly (obviously), and hold off the enemies until Raelin and Q9 come in.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units