Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old April 28th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Deleted

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:21 AM

ForAiur is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Trying to convince my friend to go in again but he is gun shy from the M3D.
After putting some aluminum foil around my heater element in my micro he is printing pretty well again! I'm very happy!

I'll post a picture of the files that White Knight has uploaded. The hexes you see that have a structured top are the files originally posted on page 1 of this thread (I will only use the flat ones, they are a lot sturdier under the top and all around).
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:35 AM

Settings in Cura are 220 degrees, support structures active, and "brim" as a base. Since this means that the hex "top" is printed on the bottom my tops will be a little bit rough, but a lot better than the tops you see in the picture because those were printed with a RAFT under the print and the raft sometimes couldn't get removed completely.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:36 AM

The middle hex of the ones in the front is the first one that was printed with a brim directly on the print surface (my print surface has a hole burnt in the middle). Still the best one until now. Will now start printing a lot 2 and 4 height hexes with these settings.

THANKS KNIGHT !!!
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:03 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
The middle hex of the ones in the front is the first one that was printed with a brim directly on the print surface (my print surface has a hole burnt in the middle). Still the best one until now. Will now start printing a lot 2 and 4 height hexes with these settings.

THANKS KNIGHT !!!
You're welcome!
Glad to see these being used.

I kind of like the texture on the tops of the hexes, but I understand the difficulty removing the support material.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:56 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I print with the support inside, it's more wasted material, but it looks better in the end.
Old May 12th, 2017, 06:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

You know what would be cool in here. If someone 3d Printed a glyph. How many projects have a bunch of utility glyphs and treasure glyphs. I'm thinking about 3CG and HOSS right now. How cool would it be to print out glyphs and then glue your custom glyphs on there instead of kill all of the official ones. And...you could do them in whatever colors you wanted.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:34 PM

GLYPH 3d model

DELETED (see Thingiverse)

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
You know what would be cool in here. If someone 3d Printed a glyph. How many projects have a bunch of utility glyphs and treasure glyphs. I'm thinking about 3CG and HOSS right now. How cool would it be to print out glyphs and then glue your custom glyphs on there instead of kill all of the official ones. And...you could do them in whatever colors you wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Don't know how much it would cost to print, but Auggie's still has a few hundred glyphs available for about a quarter each. All treasure glyphs.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 8th, 2017, 03:37 PM

After years I finally got a good 3d printer. Now that I'm going into mass production I wonder if it was meant to be that the heroscape tiles posted here do not really interlock. You can still move them out of the way. Was this intended? It's a bit sad because big hill structures that I wanted to build for Battletech won't be as stable as original heroscape tiles. Using your files White Knight.
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
After years I finally got a good 3d printer. Now that I'm going into mass production I wonder if it was meant to be that the heroscape tiles posted here do not really interlock. You can still move them out of the way. Was this intended? It's a bit sad because big hill structures that I wanted to build for Battletech won't be as stable as original heroscape tiles. Using your files White Knight.
Are you talking about side-locking or stacking on top of other structures? They should side-lock to adjacent tiles. If they slide while stacking, I can probably adjust the tiles to fit better.

Which files are you using and where don't they interlock?
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Side-locking isn't as with the original tiles. They are able to get into the ridges of the other tile, but you can just drag them out again, not as with original heroscape where you had to move stuff up or down to disconnect it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tuefn0bho...mvw66AmRa?dl=0

I'm using the files you made for me and multiply the size by 2540 to move it from pixels or whatever that is to inches.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing