Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old August 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Cantina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Thought I would pop-in to say: "I just saw THIS on Miniature Market."
I really should not have as I can't really afford it but I just took advantage of that deal. After seeing what came in that set it was too good a deal to pass up. Several real nice 'expensive/rare' figures and most of the commons will be troopers or combat droids. Of course since shipping is free for orders of $99+ and that case was already $85, I spent another $14.50 on top of that. Threw in a booster pack of the new Wolverine & the X-Men set so maybe I'll get one of those Phoenix Force minis, which I could sell to help pay for the case.
Order came in today and I got a Phoenix Force Namor figure!! What a lucky break. Of course now that I have him in hand it is going to be hard to resell as it looks pretty awesome. Just about to start opening all the SW booster packs, hopefully the good fortune continues.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So I'm pretty happy with my haul. Looks like I picked up most of the significant characters, the only one I know that was in this set that I wanted but did not get was Cad Bane. Lots of clone troopers and combat droids, so future HoSS common squads for sure if I have anything to say in the matter. Not sure how I did in terms of rarity and resale value, maybe you guys can let me know if you see a big score. Buying them by the case also gives you a very clear distribution of the common and uncommon figures. Here is what I pulled:

The Heroes:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
2. General Skywalker
3. Commander Ahsoka (Anakins Apprentice)
4. Jedi Master Kit Fisto
5. Nahdar Vebb (Fishhead Jedi that was Kit's apprentice)
6. Admiral Yularen (looks like an Empire Navy commander)
7. Commander Cody
8. Capt. Rex, 501st Commander (his jet pack looks awesome too!)
9. Captain Argyus (Senate Commando leader)
10. General Grievous
11. Asajj Ventress
12. General Whorm Loathsom (a colorful alien separatist leader)

The Squads:

4 Senate Commandos (All Blue Clone Troopers)
2 Elite Senate Guards
2 Clone Trooper Sergeants
2 Clone Troopers w/Repeating Blaster (these guys look awesome!)
4 501st Clone Troopers
4 Clone Troopers w/Night Vision
4 ARF Troopers
4 AT-TE Drivers
4 Clone Trooper Pilots
2 IG-100 MagnaGaurds
2 IG-100 MagnaGaurd Artillerist
2 Commando Droid Capt.s
4 Commando Droids (pose 1)
4 Commando Droids (pose 2)
2 Battle Droid Sergeants
4 Battle Droids
2 B3 Ultra Battle Droids (these things are huge!)
2 LR-57 Combat Droids (also a large figure)

Random Commons:

2 A4-Series Lab Droids
2 R7 Astromech Droids
2 Treadwell Droids
4 Weequay Pirates (I have 5 cards though)
4 Rodian Traders (Only 3 cards here)
4 Aqualish Technicians

Don't think I'll ever need all the extra random common figures, if anyone is interested in any of them send me a PM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

As into HoSS as I am, I'm still going to have a hard time caring about the new trilogy stuff. I don't see myself getting 4+ of each squad.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
As into HoSS as I am, I'm still going to have a hard time caring about the new trilogy stuff. I don't see myself getting 4+ of each squad.
Yeah, I know I have extras of those that I could let go of as well. I'm just not sure which minis will end up being used for what types of squads in HoSS. The Clone Wars stuff is still pretty far away.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:13 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

My first purchase of Star Wars minis (after getting some in a trade) was from Auggies when that set came out. I hand-picked the stuff I wanted right when they were out so I got a great deal on them. I agree, the Captain Rex figure looks awesome!

I believe that the Captain Argyus figure is quite rare, and possibly General Loathsom as well.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I believe that the Captain Argyus figure is quite rare, and possibly General Loathsom as well.
Good to know as I would have never guessed that on my own. Thanks!
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

For those of you that use Photobucket to host your pictures, they just made it so your library caps at 2 gigs. If you're already over your cap, your pictures cannot be linked until you pay for additional space. It's a monthly fee or annual fee and it's not cheap. Yuck.
Old August 31st, 2013, 12:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
For those of you that use Photobucket to host your pictures, they just made it so your library caps at 2 gigs. If you're already over your cap, your pictures cannot be linked until you pay for additional space. It's a monthly fee or annual fee and it's not cheap. Yuck.
That is not good news, I have a ton of pics on Photobucket.

*edit* Went and checked and I'm only using 23% of my storage space so I guess I'll be okay for a while.

Last edited by Yodaking; August 31st, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old August 31st, 2013, 02:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Yikes! I had to go check and I'm at 40 something percent.
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is it possible to find the backgrounds used for the miniature figure versions of the HoSS cards somewhere? I'd like to create some custom HoSS style cards and have the images consistent with the main release. While I could clip part of the image from the card blanks, if there is a slightly larger image it would look better.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Is it possible to find the backgrounds used for the miniature figure versions of the HoSS cards somewhere? I'd like to create some custom HoSS style cards and have the images consistent with the main release. While I could clip part of the image from the card blanks, if there is a slightly larger image it would look better.
I released a set of Star Wars card blanks that match the HoSS cards except that they don't have the HoSS logo. I also worked up the MSE files for these blanks.

I haven't released blanks for the glyphs or DOs yet. I'll add them to the Downloads section in the near future.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:59 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I released a set of Star Wars card blanks that match the HoSS cards except that they don't have the HoSS logo. I also worked up the MSE files for these blanks.
Yes, I'd already found your MSE files - they're working great!

For the card images, I usually end up working with GIMP to put the minifigure pics I want on top of the background pictures that go in the image section -- makes a nicer picture blend than just the minifig image. The background images without the surrounding card detail work best if they're available.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape