Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 30th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: SuperHeroScape™: FIRST 50 DONE! Rhino, Wasp, Wrecker 11/

Storm
Not a lot of notes on this one, pretty clean take. Maybe worth noting that swinging/leaping figures can get around GFW, but don't know if you're sweating edge cases like that.

Mandarin
Cool card, aside from being maybe the worst offender on my "I'll need to constantly be rereading these to figure out the numbers" list. It does feel like kind of a shame that the Matter Manipulation rings aren't on the same level as the others, but I don't have a specific alternate suggestion.

Mister Fantastic
Superior Intellect is scary. On Elastic Stretch, you could probably simplify the wording at the start - if he's spending 1 move to use the ability, I think that's pretty squarely during his movement, and not so much before or after. I think needing to swap movement out for it clarifies any questions about the timing that "during" doesn't answer
Old December 18th, 2020, 10:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: FIRST 50 DONE! Rhino, Wasp, Wrecker 11/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Storm
Not a lot of notes on this one, pretty clean take. Maybe worth noting that swinging/leaping figures can get around GFW, but don't know if you're sweating edge cases like that.
Thanks, yeah, I'm aware of similar-but-different powers getting around things like that (except the lading space), but honestly feel like wording around it is more trouble than it's worth. Who knows, maybe one day I'll come up with something.

Quote:
Mandarin
Cool card, aside from being maybe the worst offender on my "I'll need to constantly be rereading these to figure out the numbers" list. It does feel like kind of a shame that the Matter Manipulation rings aren't on the same level as the others, but I don't have a specific alternate suggestion.
I could cram all the powers onto Mandarin's card (and have), but like having some glyphs to play around with (since you can also use one or more separately in games without Mandarin). MM depends on the battlefield; lots of lava, water, heavy snow/slippery ice, or tall things to leap off of and it opens up his options.

Quote:
Mister Fantastic
Superior Intellect is scary. On Elastic Stretch, you could probably simplify the wording at the start - if he's spending 1 move to use the ability, I think that's pretty squarely during his movement, and not so much before or after. I think needing to swap movement out for it clarifies any questions about the timing that "during" doesn't answer
That's fair, "Up to two times while moving..." probably does cover it. I'm sure I have another power here or there that could do the same.

===============

Meanwhile, I realized a mistake I haven't gotten on to correct until now... I had said Professor X brought the X-Men team together, but I managed to miss that I had accidentally bumped Angel when adding Giant-Man to the wave! So instead of Ant-Man's alter ego being the bonus for Wave IV, here's a bonus Angel:

He also actually beats Wasp for cheapest of the first 50. He's a filler support hero that helps get friendly figures out of trouble. (You may notice a similar point cost and power set to my Rescue custom.) Nothing to flashy, but now the first 50 (51) is really done.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 19th, 2021, 01:55 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: SuperHeroScape™: FIRST 50 DONE! The missing Angel! 12/18

It's been awhile since a posted anything, but I was looking at your thread and the cards you made and really like how you approached the process. I have adopted some of your concepts because they make so much sense. If you any plans to do a Moonknight card I would like to see your take on him. He will soon have his own Marvel show.
Old February 19th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Drewman sighting!
Nice Angel. Looks more appropriately priced than the C3G version.
His value will increase depending on what mechanics you choose for future designs.
Old March 7th, 2021, 04:29 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
It's been awhile since a posted anything, but I was looking at your thread and the cards you made and really like how you approached the process. I have adopted some of your concepts because they make so much sense. If you any plans to do a Moonknight card I would like to see your take on him. He will soon have his own Marvel show.
Thanks for the comments! Cool to hear you like some of my ideas enough to adapt: that's what I've done for most of these, and hope everyone else appreciates that their powers are adaptable, too. I do have a draft of Moon Knight, but I'm not sure how far along before he slots in (could be next "wave", could be another 50 units). It's also not a character I'm super familiar with, so hopefully the draft does him justice (though to be fair, that goes for most comic characters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Drewman sighting!
Nice Angel. Looks more appropriately priced than the C3G version.
His value will increase depending on what mechanics you choose for future designs.
I'm guessing C3G's is pretty strong, then? At 10 points more, mine has -1D and can only use Emergency Response once per turn, but there are other differences, too. Thanks as always for checking in.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:40 AM

Re: SuperHeroScape™: SHIELD and Skrulls

It's been too long! Now for something completely different: Squads! Funny enough these two ended up with the same stats and the same point cost (and same number of figures: 3). I think I've actually done more testing on the Skrulls. Their powers are more unique, while the Agents' are both reimaginings of official powers. The Agents are better against Heroes, since wounding a Squad figure kills it and means no Combined Targeting, while the Skrulls are better against Squads since they can 50/50 them with Disguised and Squads tend to have fewer Special Attacks to get around Shapeshift. The Agents do have better positional play with Cover and lack of the tension between the Skrulls' powers.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; October 8th, 2022 at 11:54 AM.
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:45 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: SHIELD and Skrulls 10/8

Looks solid.
Agents could get nasty if there is an attack booster.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 8th, 2022, 09:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Those squads look fun!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 8th, 2022, 10:43 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the power sets on both. Combined Targeting looks like it could be really nasty with some good rolls. If the first squad guy and the second both inflict wounds, I'm reading that these stack and the third squaddie could roll a tone of dice. These are both 3 figure squads?
Old October 8th, 2022, 11:06 AM

Great question. Totally missed that.
Old October 8th, 2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I like the power sets on both. Combined Targeting looks like it could be really nasty with some good rolls. If the first squad guy and the second both inflict wounds, I'm reading that these stack and the third squaddie could roll a tone of dice. These are both 3 figure squads?
Yes it could add up to a lot! And yes both squads of 3, thanks for asking. Consequence of not having bothered to make any hit zones yet.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 03:05 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hate doing the hit zones for customs, so I started just putting the unit count in parentheses after the unit type, e.g. Common Squad (3).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations