Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old November 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
funrun's Dice Boxes *NEW Black Knight Heroscape HexTile Box*

About My Custom Dice-Rolling Travel Boxes
The boxes' hex shape is perfect for Heroscape, and the compact size creates a space-saving, self-contained dice rolling area. The interior felt lining acts as a sound dampener for a quiet, smooth roll. Both the mini-box and regular box can carry all the accessories one person needs to play Heroscape: 4 order markers, 10 attack and 10 defense dice, 1 D20, and enough wound markers for an army of heroes. Pretty much any combination of wood color or stain, paper design, interior felt color, and custom painted figures can be used to create a truly custom dice box. The lid contains recessed magnets to help keep the box closed.

The regular size box is the same size as a 7-hex tile. The mini-box is about 3/4 the size. (Use the figures and dice in the pictures to get an idea of relative scale.)

-Images and full descriptions are in my gallery here.
-The custom-repainted figures you see on the dice box tops are shown in better detail with full descriptions in my thread funrun's HS Fig Repaints.

Below:
  • Medium Brown Heroscape Hex Tile Dice Box with custom-painted "Black Knight Hero"
  • Dark Brown Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box with custom-painted "Enhanced Camouflage Airborne Elite"
  • Heroscape Hex Tile Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box with custom-painted "Red and Black Knight"
  • Rustic Silver Dice Rolling Travel Box with custom-painted "Silver Mimring"

Medium Brown Heroscape Hex Tile Dice Box
with custom-painted "Black Knight Hero"
This dice box was given as a prize in the Dallas Team Tourney, Mar. 10, 2007.

-My custom-repainted Black Knight Hero is poised off center, ready to run towards the lid opening. His green accents hint at the green inside. I painted this one in a medium brown stain that closely matches the Heroscape tiles base color. I covered the top with the Heroscape sticker base pattern, courtesy of Malechi.

-Dark green felt interior goes nicely with the medium brown woodstain.

Dark Brown Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box
with custom-painted "Enhanced Camouflage Airborne Elite"
This dice box was given as a gift to R˙chean.

-For this Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box I created a dark brown woodstain and put my custom-painted AE on top in a pose that says, "I got your back soldier, we're gonna protect this dice box!"

-The mini-box with all the Heroscape accessories one player needs to travel to a tourney.

-The mini-box after a 10-dice roll. If you're rolling more than 10 at once, then you're a Heroscape god! The mini-box is a perfect size for the average 2-4 dice roll.

Heroscape Hex Tile Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box
with custom-painted "Red and Black Knight"
This dice box was given as a prize in the Columbus, Ohio Tourney, Feb. 24, 2007.

-For this Mini Dice-Rolling Travel Box I used a medium brown color resembling Heroscape tiles' base color, then I covered the top with the Heroscape sticker base pattern, courtesy of Malechi. My custom-painted "Red and Black Knight" guards the top with his sword ready to poke the nose of any who try to open the box!

-This time I went with a black felt interior.

Rustic Silver Dice-Rolling Travel Box
with custom-painted "Silver Mimring"
This dice box was given as a prize in the Cincinnati, Ohio Tourney, Dec. 12, 2006.

The original Dice-Rolling Travel Box! I decided to paint Mimring a silver metallic as a second place trophy, and in the course of looking for a base to mount Mimring on, I discovered this great hex-shaped wooden box with a magnetic lid; and hence, this Custom Dice-Rolling Travel Box/ Tournament Trophy was born.

To make this one below, first I painted Mimring, then cut off his feet anchors, bought a plain wooden box, distressed it, painted it several times, cut felt to match the sidewalls, then glued it all together.

This box functions 3 different ways:

-Second place trophy.

-Impressive and intimidating storage box, pictured with all the accessories one player needs to travel to a game day. Mimring's tail touches the table perfectly for extra self-support.

-Quiet and compact dice-rolling area. The regular size box is a comfortable size for Deathwalker defense rolls, guys with greater-than-delicate-sized hands, and gamers who have difficulty aiming their dice rolls (you know who you are!)

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Mimring looks great in silver! Nice multipurpose prize. I'd totally grab it if I had a shot at the prize table!
How'd you mount the dragon to the lid?
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Very nice Funrun! Definitely an awesome addition to the prize table!

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
That is good stuff; it looks great!

Excellent job, funrun.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Site Admin

Thanks for the comments!

I used hot glue to mount Mimring to the lid and to glue the felt in place.

HEH I saw you registered for another month in my tourney, are you really considering a trip to Ohio sometime?

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun

HEH I saw you registered for another month in my tourney, are you really considering a trip to Ohio sometime?
Nope. Just thought it would be fun to show a casual interest in a non-California event. :P
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Put a clasp on it to lock the lid and you can use Mims as a handle.

Great job!

Newb.
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Site Admin

Actually the lid has a sunken in magnet on each half to keep the lid closed, and Mimring does work great as a lid opener or a carrying handle, depending on whether you pick up his head or his tail. This was without anything in the box tho. I am not sure I would risk everything spilling out by picking the whole thing up by his tail. For that I guess you would want the clasp.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:29 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!

Wow, we see funrun's face!

I looked at the picture and my first thought was that the girl who's face is being covered by lilwis was funrun, then i read the caption and i was like WOW FUNRUN HAS EYES!
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:18 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
funrun, the box looks really good. I like it a lot. You guys are so handy making "gaming components" like this. I think that is part of the fun as well, right ?

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:46 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
Wow, we see funrun's face!

I looked at the picture and my first thought was that the girl who's face is being covered by lilwis was funrun, then i read the caption and i was like WOW FUNRUN HAS EYES!
Uhh... no you do not see her face. Read the caption again: its read clockwise NOT left to right. You only start from the left but when you get to the front row of people you start from the right. The person whose eyes are covered is Funrun. The person you thought was Funrun is Velenne's girlfriend whose name is not listed.

Also look at the picture. I'm not sure Velenne would be leaning into Funrun if his girlfriend were there, though I guess it might be an ALTERNATE explanation for why one girl has her eyes covered if you really want to pretend you've seen Funrun's face :P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
WOW FUNRUN HAS EYES!
I've met her, she has no eyes, that's why she keeps her face out of the pictures, and why lilwis is covering them up. Quite disturbing to look at, but a pleasure to be around nonetheless.

EDIT - Oh and in case you are wondering how she plays Heroscape with no eyes, one word, echolocation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions