Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old April 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Ninjas & Deathreavers - What's Your Army Idea?

Well met!

The Ninjas of the Northern Wind are one of my favorite squads. They seem perfect to go in right behind the Deathreavers (who will tie down the Ninjas' main menace, Special Attackers), bypassing your opponent's frontline. Assuming the inclusion of at least two squads of Deathreavers and the Ninjas, what army would you field? I'm thinking other units that can get behind the front quickly would be good. So . . .

140 Othkurik (or Phantom Knights x 2)
120 Kaemon
110 Ninjas
80 Deathreavers x 2
40 Theracus
10 Isamu

I feel naked without Raelin.
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Ninjas & Deathreavers - What's Your Army Idea?

Assuming 500 Points....

Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 110
Airborne Elite - 220
Raelin - 300
Kaemon Awa - 420
Deathreavers x2 - 500, 17 hexes

or

Nilfheim - 185
Ninjas of the Northern Wind - 295
Raelin / Kumiko / Erevan Sunshadow / Marro Warriors + Guilty - 375
Deathreavers x3 - 495, 18/22 hexes

The units I think are the strongest with Deathreavers are Nilfheim and the Airborne Elite, so I tried to include them. Next, my "rat rules of thumb" say that 2x Deathreavers want Raelin in the army too, 3x Deathreavers doesn't need her, and you should always have at least 3 solid army cards worth of attacking options. So, at 500 Points, I couldn't fit Nilfheim, Ninjas, AE, Raelin, and Rats x2 (though at 565, that looks pretty good), so I made 2 separate armies. Since I don't think 3x Deathreavers needs Raelin and I wanted 3 attackers, I included some other options for that last 80 Points in the second army.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Rats and Ninjas? I've got a screen and a heavy melee hitter, then. Just needs some ranged specialness:

Ninjas 110
Ratsx3 120
Q10 150
Tandros 120
500/18

I think Tandros has excellent synergy with a Rat/Ninja army that pins an opposing force in place so that he can pick where he can be most effective in drawing away attacks. Against foes stuck in static positions, Kreel can be deadly.

~Aldin, who likes how Kreel can disable a foe's ability to use a Special attack on the Ninjas

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM

wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker wbdhoc knows what's in an order marker

A conglomerate of AE and Ninjas was my first impulse - it always seems to come down to breaking the draft up into two, comparable blocks with ample range. Given that premise ...

Zoo Crew:

Laglor - 110
Microcorpx2 - 200
Ninjas - 110
Ratsx2 - 80

Your opponent will most likely aim for the monkey cheerleader so do what must be done and out with the rats. After that its every agent for himself as you head for higher ground and longer range. Aim for flyers, cheerleaders and stealth movement so that you can let atrition do its (wondrous wondrous) work. If all's going to plan, by the time your opponent slogs through first the rats then the "Hail Mary" save of agents and ninjas Laglor won't have too much in the way of cleanup.

BANJO WILL GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO MONEY. MONEY CAN'T GET YOU THROUGH THE TIMES WITH NO BANJO.
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM

1red2blue4 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

In addition to 500 points, I will assume that there is a 24 hex maximum.

Torin, The Evil

Torin 120
NoNW 110
x2 Deathreavers 80
x3 Stingers 180
Total: 490 Hexes: 22

I hope you like it.
Old April 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1red2blue4 View Post
In addition to 500 points, I will assume that there is a 24 hex maximum.

Torin, The Evil

Torin 120
NoNW 110
x2 Deathreavers 80
x3 Stingers 180
Total: 490 Hexes: 22

I hope you like it.
I like it fine, especially with the addition of Isamu for an even 500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion