Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old May 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Guerilla unit

Which unit is the best for guerilla warfare?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Guerilla unit

Silver Surfer, hands down. His ability to move, fire, and move again is probably the closest thing you'll find in heroscape to a guerilla unit.

If you're talking in terms of classic scape, the Krav Maga Agents and Agent Skahen would be your best bets. With thier range of seven and six move they should be able to make successfull hit and run attacks (assuming your map is big enough).

If you're feeling lucky the Aubrian Archers could pull it off too. They have the range and their average movement score is shored up by thier Frenzy ability. Though they wouldn't hit as hard as the agents.

Heroscape really isn't set up very well for guerilla style tactics. In guerilla warfare one tries to control when and where they hit the enemy, trying to capitalize on small, low-risk engagments. That doesn't translate well into heroscape where you're working with a small, predefined battlefield.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:15 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Which unit is the best for guerilla warfare?
I've heard Cyprien works well.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:26 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Guerilla tactics are hit and run but...

My vote for a future unit using guerilla tactics would be:

G-Unit

Three member squad

(Sub)Human
Common Squad
Wrappers
Relentless
Medium 5

Life 1

Move 4 (Slow due to saggy pants and pimp walk)

Range 3 (Silly side ways fire arm handling decreases accuracy)

Attack 1 (Nine gat = .45 pistol set on stun)

Defense 5 (40's 0f malt liquor help numb pain receptors)

Special attack: Drive by/run by?

Range 5

Attack 2

You may add all G-Unit's attacks up to an attack of six.

Target an enemy figure and roll attack dice for that figure. If the enemy figure receives no wounds then place an automatic wound for every friendly figure within two clear sight spaces.

Last edited by J4Jandar; May 14th, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't beleive I missed this one in my earlier post. . . .

Gorrillanators.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Guerilla tactics are hit and run but...

My vote for a future unit using guerilla tactics would be:

G-Unit
Spoiler Alert!

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

My only question is how much do they cost so that I can draft them in my next game.

Edit: My other question is how the heck do I hide some of that giant block of quote? I thought that it was sblock, but obviously it wasn't...

Edit edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; May 16th, 2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you want to get rid of it, when you quote, just backspace it from the post.

The braves seem like they could be guerilla to me. The problem with this tactic though is that it takes suprises to get it to work, and sense the map is completly viewable 360 degrees around, ambushes aren't possible.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[quote=Killometer;821586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

My only question is how much do they cost so that I can draft them in my next game.
Open points for play testing purposes but start at say 80...
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I use Me-Burq-Sa. His threat range of 14 is as good as Syvarris and can move farther with a nice special attack. The only disadvantage is that he doesn't have many attacks every turn.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I can't beleive I missed this one in my earlier post. . . .

Gorrillanators.

You stole my line!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Try the drudge! They may not be good for tourney's as you do not control the map. When you play at home, you can build all your swampy maps to at least have some swarm water tunnel opertunities. Call it cheap to build maps around units, but I hate to see anyone left out... Plus I don't use them even when the map calls for them :P
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
If you want to get rid of it, when you quote, just backspace it from the post.
I know how to do that. I want to hide it in a Spoiler Block so that people can enjoy J4Jandar's awesomeness without having to scroll back up the page, but I don't want my post to take up the whole screen.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles