Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old April 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM

T Rex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Sonlen Q: Engaged Dragon Attack Capabilities

When Sonlen is engaged, can he dragon swoop someone that he is not engaged to. This would also apply to other characters with multiple abilities, Drund's cripling gaze, Morsbane's power of negation, and perhaps others too. My friend insists that all abilities must be focused on only the engaged figure.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: sonlen

Your friend is wrong, if it is a special attack, then it can only be directed against the engaged figure. But if it is a special power, such as Acid Breath, Crippling gaze, or such, then you may attack anyone within the powers reach.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yes, he can. Only Attacks are limited to figures that are engaged. Special Powers, like Sonlen's Dragon Swoop, are not limited to figures that he is engaged with.

The same goes for Braxas' Poisonous Acid Breath, Morsbane's Rod of Negation, and Deadeye Dan's Sharpshooter, amongst others.

EDIT: ABOMINATION!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
When Sonlen is engaged, can he dragon swoop someone that he is not engaged to. This would also apply to other characters with multiple abilities, Drund's cripling gaze, Morsbane's power of negation, and perhaps others too. My friend insists that all abilities must be focused on only the engaged figure.
He can dragon swoop whomever is in range. If it's a special ability (like Dragon Swoop, Negation, or Crippling Gaze), it can be used on figures that you aren't engaged to. If it's a special attack, you have to use it on the figure you're engaged to.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am truly that which you call me. I finally figured a way how to not get ninja'd. You post a brief answer, then go and edit it to a more detailed explanation.
Old April 6th, 2009, 02:58 PM

T Rex is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Exclamation Re: sonlen

Thanks for all those prompt responses, especially since you agreed with my position. I immediately called my misguided friend and bombarded him with the information!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM

#1MustangScaper has disabled reputation
Re: Sonlen Q: Engaged Dragon Attack Capabilities

Just to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion:

Correct me if I am wrong,
A Double Attack Special power must be directed at the engaged figure(s) as long as it is still engaged and still alive.

Since I am typing I need a sanity check:
Comman Squad Question: must I attack with the figures that moved, or can I move 4 figures and then attack with 4 seperate figures?

My understanding is that I must attack with the figures I moved this turn. Please chime in ( i need some expert input so feel comfortable in this rule because I just recently purchased 3 multiple squads for every common army wave 2 thru 8.

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MustangScaper View Post

A Double Attack Special power must be directed at the engaged figure(s) as long as it is still engaged and still alive.

Comman Squad Question: must I attack with the figures that moved, or can I move 4 figures and then attack with 4 seperate figures?

My understanding is that I must attack with the figures I moved this turn. Please chime in ( i need some expert input so feel comfortable in this rule because I just recently purchased 3 multiple squads for every common army wave 2 thru 8.
Don't know what you mean by Double Attack Special Power, but a Special Attack has to be used on engaged figures, but a Special Power does not.

The common squad figures you moved you must attack with.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Double Attack doesn't change the nature of the attack, it just lets you do it twice. The second attack has to follow all normal attack rules, including engagement requirements. So, yes, Syvarris' second attack (for example) must be directed at an engaged figure, if any.

Quote:

Your understanding is correct. Unless a special power says otherwise (like the Zombies), you must attack with the figures you moved that turn.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM

#1MustangScaper has disabled reputation

Double Attack Special Power: Krug & Syvarris has this. It is a special power. Are you saying Syvarris can attack an engaged figure and then on his second attack, target a non-enganged figure?

Edit: Never mind.

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Last edited by #1MustangScaper; April 23rd, 2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Double Attack Special Power: Krug & Syvarris has this. It is a special power. Are you saying Krug can attack an engaged figure and then on his second attack, target a non-enganged figure?
Okay now that I know what you're talking about, no. What MI_Tiger said is correct.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Double Attack Special Power: Krug & Syvarris has this. It is a special power. Are you saying Krug can attack an engaged figure and then on his second attack, target a non-enganged figure?

If the second figure is not engaged to Krug, then the big boy can't attack that figure. He only has range 1, you realize.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's