Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM

#1MustangScaper has disabled reputation
Question about Special Powers and Moving

Be easy on me I have only been a scaper since April of last year. I did not even know Heroscape existed befor this. I managed to get my hands on a bit of scaper gear though.

Set up: figureA can move 7 spaces and has a ranged Special Power (not attack). FigureA never becomes adjacent through 7 spaces of moving.

Question#1: Is this legal???: Move figureA 1 space and use special power on figureB, move figureA 2 spaces and use special power on figureC, move figureA 4 spaces and use special power on figureD?

Question #2: Can a figure use special powers on multiple figures in the same turn?
Or only once per turn?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just went on a Heroscape spending spree. I now have:

9 x Rise Of The Valkyrie
1 x Swamp Of The Marrow
7 x Road To The Forgotten Forest
4 x Fortress Of The Archkyrie
5 x Volcarren Wasteland
6 x Tacilla Jungle
2 x Tundra

Complete Waves 1 thru 8. Aquiilla's Alliance and all the other Large Boosters.

I am currently building a map containing every single piece I own. I will soon post pictures of the live grand battle and of the plans.

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Last edited by #1MustangScaper; March 4th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question about Special Powers and Moving

No. You have to first move all of your move, and then attack all of your attack, and then your turn is over.

After re-reading your question I see you specify the "ranged power" is not an attack, so technically I guess what you want to do is valid. But (and this is a major but) most special powers that are not attacks but are attack-like (Braxas comes to mind) will specify exactly when you can use them. I am actually not aware of any special that can be used in a manner you describe that does not specify exactly when you have to use it. Note that special attacks (special powers that ARE attacks) do not specify when they can be used, but the rulebook says that you get a special attack INSTEAD of a normal attack.

I also fail to see how the adjacency you mention in your question has any effect on what you can or cannot do. Ranged special powers that are not attacks are not influenced by questions of adjacency (i.e. Braxas can acid breath a figure it is not adjacent to even if it is adjacent to another figure)

By the way, Tor-Kul-Na's Trample Stomp is a non-ranged special power that can be activated at any point during its move. It is just about the non-ranged equivalent of what you are asking about. Maybe you want to give us a hint what exact special power it is you are thinking of so we can help you further?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Last edited by RobertDD; March 4th, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

No can do #1MustangScaper. You move first (whether using your whole move or not), then attack/use special power (unless the card states otherwise).

No hit and runs allowed, except with Agent Skahen.

-insert signature here-
Old March 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure what you mean in Question 2, but basically unless a power/attack says it can be used again (like Braxas, Nilfheim or Q9's), then it works once. Of course, some powers may be triggered multiple times (like the Nakita's Smoke Powder or their Engagement Strike) and some powers/attacks affect more units because of area effects (Explosion attacks, Line of Fire).

For Q#1, you already have your answers. All movement first, then attacks (unless a unit, like Silver Surfer, allows for other options). You also want to look for powers that work either "before moving" "after moving, but before attacking" or "after attacking." (Sonlen is a great example of this.)

Enjoy the Scape--welcome to the safest addiction ever .
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:23 PM

For question 1: Move, Special Power. move, special power all in same turn.

All the cards are written really well as to when you can use your special power. Note: when I say special power I am excluding special attacks. I cannot find a card that would let me do this. ut I believe it is within the rules because you can fly 2 spaces, walk 2 spaces, and then finish your movement by flying, thereby doing this: special power, walk, special power. But since the cards say when to use a specific special power it negates my question for now.
P.S. I mentioned adjacency so that no one will talk about leaving engagement attacks in this thread.

For question 2: Use your special power (not special attack) multiple times on the same turn on multiple figures. Again the cards dictate when this is possible and when it is not. So this question is also covered. Unless someone finds a card to say otherwise.

must make map bigger..need more army..need more virtualscape designs..must buy expansions...

Old March 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So why did you ask the question in the first place?

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Woah! Yo have 9 ROTV?!?!

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Some powers allow in between moving. They are very few: flying, stealth flying, ghost walk and disengage (kind of, but not really), and trample stomp.

The order is:

Before moving special powers: (soul devour)

While moving special powers: (flying and trample stomp)

After moving before attacking powers:

OR...

After moving instead of attacking powers: (poisonous acid breath)

And finally after attacking powers:

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old March 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Here is an old resource that may help you out

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM

Angry Re: Question about Special Powers and Moving

Thank you to all the responders. I especially appreciated the Turn Flow Chart, it clears up all things needed to be done in 1 turn. I did not know that it was this intricate. We always play within the rules, however most of this stuff happenes without even thinking about it.

Yes I do have 9 ROTVs, I actually have 9 & 1/2, I tried to buy a 10th on ebay but only half the terrain was in the box with zero characters, water, etc. Needless to say, I was refunded my $.

On a side note:
I have been building some huge worlds lately but I have not been taking any pictures before I tear it down. From now on I am definately taking pictures to get some feedback from fellow scapers.

I usually build symetrical 2 player maps on the fly. My latest one has 2 water falls, 2 beaches, 1 large lake, 4 rafts, 2 castles, 2 caves...etc. I konw talk is cheap, so I will post a few pictures of it tonight on this thread, my maps thread, and on Dr. Wierdscaper's monster map thread. I am going to create an exact copy of it on virtualscape if anyone is interested in trying to build it. Here is the collection you will need to build what I am calling "Parallel Beach":
10 ROTV
1 SOTM
2 TT
7 RTTFF
4 VW
5 FOTA
8 TJ
4 home made rafts (4 hexes each).
2 sheets of water from HouseMouseGames

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Woah! Yo have 9 ROTV?!?!

Here's a hint: DON'T VIEW DOC WIERDSCAPER'S MAP THREAD!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I know that this is pretty much answered, but I'll put my stink on this thread anyway. The safest bet is to read what is on the card and do that, just that. The cards are pretty specific. Just keep in mind that they were written so an 8 year old should be able to read and understand them. Powers work once unless otherwise stated. Move is all done at once, and a special power does not change that without clearly stating it, like Tor Kul Na. Even in TKN's case the move would technically be over and you are getting to repeat the power. Silver Surfer the move ends and then extra move is done as part of the special. In a case of after moving and before attacking, the move is over and then the special is done. Move, special, move, special, move, special...is essentially taking multiple turns with one order marker.

Oh, and post pics of maps, por favor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's