Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old September 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Lief45 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Welcome Lief45!

In general, you want to stick with one theme or another, or at least not try to mash two completely different armies together.

So, if you want orcs, take out the elementals and put in more Heavies. You don't really need Brunak either...You can replace him with Grimnak. And I assume you want an extra hero so the Red Flag'll work? Well you can always use Nerak, MBS(who fits in any army), or soething else that' cheap.

By the way, if you were trying to get turns with Elementals and Brunak, you need to remember that your Kurrok only gets those 3 turns if you reveal an OM on him
Mind writing something down, man? I know it's been happening a bit however, so...just write it again
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Haha It's just not working for me!
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, then type out your comment without the quotes. Then you can always highlight the post and simply wrap in the quotes tags.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM

Ok, one last shot. I forgot that you need to reveal an OM on Nurrok, so I wouldnt use Elements. But due to the lack of Orcs I have, I'll have to scratch this whole army. I only have 1 Heavy Gruts, 1 Swog Rider, Ornak and Grimnak.
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief45 View Post
Ok, one last shot. I forgot that you need to reveal an OM on Nurrok, so I wouldnt use Elements. But due to the lack of Orcs I have, I'll have to scratch this whole army. I only have 1 Heavy Gruts, 1 Swog Rider, Ornak and Grimnak.
It wouldn't work due to OM restrictions on both Ornak and Kurrok.

Welcome to the site!
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
Sgt. Drake
Railen
Tarn Viking warriors
Omnicron snipers x2

total = 500 points

What I do it I grab some height with the snipers. Then I get Railen and the vikings up there. If I get them up there before any major fights break out then I have the snipers shooting people up on height, and if you come to attack the vikings get in the way with 6 defense (+2 from Railen) Then Drake pretty much cleans up and kills the people running away in fear from my awesome army. I made this for the tourney coming up but it looks like I may not be able to go. Still its fun to play so I thought I`d enter it in here. (It need to stay all Jandar.)
Three words Vydar Ranged Pod. I would entirely overhall your army and use this competitive but similar army instead:
Knights of Weston x 2 - 140
4th Mass x 2 - 280
Glbert - 385
Thorgrimm - 465
Eldgrim - 495/19

Open by charging in with the knights and their champions. Once you are engaged, use dispatch to bring the 4th in and use the remaining knights as a screen for the 4th and if Thorgrimm survived have him protect as many knights as possible before the screen breaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
this is an army i came up with that would be fun to play, and horrible to play against;

Kaemon
10th x3
Reavers x3 (drop a reaver)

465, 24

and another:

kurrok
FE x6
WE x4

450, 11

A variation on firestorm, but with a little range, and units that excel on terrain that the FE's have trouble on.
I like both armies.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Hows about-
Jotun- 225
10th Reg x2- 150
Rats x3- 120
495 points, 22 hexes.
Rats are a screen (obviously), but depending upon what your opponent leads with, you position the 10th on height and fire away or send out Mr. 225 points.
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'd swap out Jotun for either

Krug, Raelin and Isamu, if you want to keep the basic feel of the army the same, but make it a whole heckuva lot tougher

or

a heavy hitter with a ranged special (Q9, Nilf, Braxas, etc) to cover your army's own rat vulnerability, and maybe Marcu to eat up Wannok wounds.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:10 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

What about-
Knights of Weston x2- 140
Nilfhiem- 325
Eldgrim- 355
Sir Hawthorne- 445
445 points, 12 hexes, with 55 points of filler thrown in, my money being on
Theracus/Isamu
Tarn Vikings
Me-Burq-Sa
Brave Arrow

or

We toss Eldgrim (dang, like that guy)
And take either Finn, Thorgrimm, or Raelin. Army has enough beat-stick as far as I'm concerned, and more cheerleaders just make it better. Then again, I suppose another squad of knights is optional, but that leaves only 1 champion to bond with, something that makes me itchy. Raelin increases the survival chances, bringing every unit but Raelin to 6 defense without height. Thoughts, opinions?
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
What about-
Knights of Weston x2- 140
Nilfhiem- 325
Eldgrim- 355
Sir Hawthorne- 445
445 points, 12 hexes, with 55 points of filler thrown in, my money being on
Theracus/Isamu
Tarn Vikings
Me-Burq-Sa
Brave Arrow

or

We toss Eldgrim (dang, like that guy)
And take either Finn, Thorgrimm, or Raelin. Army has enough beat-stick as far as I'm concerned, and more cheerleaders just make it better. Then again, I suppose another squad of knights is optional, but that leaves only 1 champion to bond with, something that makes me itchy. Raelin increases the survival chances, bringing every unit but Raelin to 6 defense without height. Thoughts, opinions?
What if you got rid of The Knights altogether and used the following build which uses similar concepts?

Nilfheim - 185
Greenscales x 3 - 365
Raelin RotV - 445
Marro Warriors - 495
16 spaces

How does this army sound for a fun but possibly good build?
Sujoah - 185
Fyorlag Spiders x 3 - 305
Raelin RotV - 385
Darrak Ambershard - 445
13 Spaces

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Last edited by Neo; September 13th, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Sujoah - 185
Raelin RotV - 385
Darrak Ambershard - 445
13 Spaces
Seems fun. Predator bonding plus Raelin will be awesome for this build. If you toss the Cheerleader and Dwarf, however, you can add a Wyvern and another squad of Spiders. Problem is, they'll fall twice as fast. Good idea.

Going for a knights build
Knights of Weston x2
4th Mass x2
Sir Hawthorne
Sir Gilbert
Eldgrim
505 points (dang) 19 hexes.

General Strategy is to bond w/knights on OM's 1/2, using Sir Gilbert to bring the 4th in for OM 3, using (hopefully) Wait Then Fire. Either that, or bond w/Hawthorne to kill rats, or bond w/Eldgrim to grab glyphs. Once Hawthorne dies, you get the Defense Bonus for the 4th.
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Sujoah - 185
Raelin RotV - 385
Darrak Ambershard - 445
13 Spaces
Seems fun. Predator bonding plus Raelin will be awesome for this build. If you toss the Cheerleader and Dwarf, however, you can add a Wyvern and another squad of Spiders. Problem is, they'll fall twice as fast. Good idea.

Going for a knights build
Knights of Weston x2
4th Mass x2
Sir Hawthorne
Sir Gilbert
Eldgrim
505 points (dang) 19 hexes.

General Strategy is to bond w/knights on OM's 1/2, using Sir Gilbert to bring the 4th in for OM 3, using (hopefully) Wait Then Fire. Either that, or bond w/Hawthorne to kill rats, or bond w/Eldgrim to grab glyphs. Once Hawthorne dies, you get the Defense Bonus for the 4th.
I would toss Hawthorne and pelace him with either Finn or Thorgrim.

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion