Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 5th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thumbs up HAC (Heroscape Army Creator) - create armies with no account

The HAC is a Heroscape Army Creator that uses the figure database of the HCS. Even though it kind of belongs to the HCS, I created this new thread to seperate the comments and suggestions for the two programs as they both are basically seperate programs and big enough to have a thread for each. Anyhow, this is what the HAC looks like now:

HAC (Heroscape Army Creator)

Currently implemented features
  • Creating armies
  • Creating an account and saving your own armies
  • Searching public armies (works without an account, too) with all sorts of criteria
  • Searching your own armies
  • Sharing armies with your friends
  • Importing and exporting armies, exporting to the HexScape file format (.hsa)
  • Printing armies

Feel free to ask for more features!

I am planning on adding a collection manager feature and an option to add your own customs to put in your armies. This will probably take a while as both are bigger projects.

Unfortunately, it's a bit slow sometimes because it has to perform pretty many searches on the database, so be patient...

I strongly recommend accessing the HAC with Google Chrome or Firefox as some table features (e.g. row numbering or column toggling) don't work in Internet Explorer.

When creating an army, I would recommend having both the HCS (to search for certain figures that you might want to have in your army) and the HAC (to create the army) open.

In my spare time during development I added the winning GenCon Main Event's winning armies, all the C3G armies from the Super Hero Draft Cards thread and a bunch of armies from other threads. All of these are public, so before making one of your armies public, you should check if that same army has been made public by someone else already.

This is what it looks like:

I hope this helps many of you!

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!

Last edited by Spuke Boy; August 18th, 2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: create armies without an account and export to .hsa
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HAC (Heroscape Army Creator)

Very nice! I was tweaking around with it and have already created my first army!

It does look like there is an issue with the space count when adding the Rebel Troopers to an army though.

If I run across any other bugs while I am fooling around with it then I will post them here.

Edit:
Also seems to be an issue with the Stormtroopers space count as well...
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:54 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

I looked into the problem and it was just a mistake in the figure database I made when I inserted the HoSS squads (so the program thought it was 3 figures that each occupied 3 spaces).

The problem has been fixed now.

Old August 18th, 2014, 06:07 AM

After not having changed much of the HAC in a while, here come two new features!

It is now possible to create armies without having an account! It cannot be saved in the database, but it is saved as a cookie on your computer for the next time you visit the site.

The second feature is the option to export any army to Lyrgard's HexScape army file format (.hsa).

Like this, anyone can create armies for HexScape easily!

Old August 18th, 2014, 07:15 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HAC (Heroscape Army Creator) - create armies with no acc

Thanks a lot for your HeScape support, Spuke Boy. HAC is now the easiest way to make armies in the .hsa format.

It'll come in handy for the beta release of HexScape in... two days !

Just a little suggestion : when one try to export an army to .hsa format without being logged in, the default file name is Nameless_Army.hsa Would it be possible to have the name of the army (striped of strange chars if needed) as the proposed filename in the "save" dialog ?
Old August 18th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Thanks a lot for your HeScape support, Spuke Boy. HAC is now the easiest way to make armies in the .hsa format.

It'll come in handy for the beta release of HexScape in... two days !

Just a little suggestion : when one try to export an army to .hsa format without being logged in, the default file name is Nameless_Army.hsa Would it be possible to have the name of the army (striped of strange chars if needed) as the proposed filename in the "save" dialog ?
Thank you, too!

One of my last changes changed this behaviour and I missed it, but it's all fixed now!

Old October 4th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Spuke Boy ,

I just noticed you've already added Jarek Guy to the HAC. I have to say, this is now officially my #1 resource for building armies. Battelplan may look prettier, but yours Just Works, and you always have the latest info. Congrats. I consider this one of the two indispensible resources for VC fans these days.

(The other, BTW, is @DanieLoche 's Hall of Valhalla, but even he doesn't have Jarek Guy up yet. Kudos to you again, Spuke Boy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Now that you talk about it, in my busy world I just found one day (today ) to turn on my computer... So now the Hall of Valhalla Customs is up to date again.

And thank you so much for your consideration @Xotli ! I even don't consider myself as useful for VCs as you think. I like Spuke Boy's tool too, it's a very complete one, congrats !

*oh no, no more time to do the book of Jarek for the French forum today... *

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; October 5th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad I could create something that ended up being such a valuable resource for the community.

As to the looks of my site, well there might be something in the works...

Spoiler Alert!

Old October 11th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Now that you talk about it, in my busy world I just found one day (today ) to turn on my computer... So now the Hall of Valhalla Customs is up to date again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
And thank you so much for your consideration @Xotli ! I even don't consider myself as useful for VCs as you think.
Don't sell yourself short, @DanieLoche . Your Hall of Valhalla is more convenient in many ways than the official "Books of" index thread, and it's certainly much prettier to look at. Every VC fan should have it bookmarked for handy access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad I could create something that ended up being such a valuable resource for the community.
I'm just glad someone is putting the effort into making this resource and keeping it current. The fans owe you a great debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
As to the looks of my site, well there might be something in the works...

Spoiler Alert!
I can hardly wait ...

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 12th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Still using the HAC for every army I build, and the HCS (Heroscape Card Searcher) as well. Are you still doing updates to these, @Spuke Boy ? I'd love to see the 2 new VC units in there. And I could maybe toss in an idea or two about potential improvements, if you were open to that.

Still love this resource. Hoping it's going to continue for many years to come.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 13th, 2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Still using the HAC for every army I build, and the HCS (Heroscape Card Searcher) as well. Are you still doing updates to these, @Spuke Boy ? I'd love to see the 2 new VC units in there. And I could maybe toss in an idea or two about potential improvements, if you were open to that.

Still love this resource. Hoping it's going to continue for many years to come.
Glad to hear it still is getting used! Lately I have only been updating the HACCS database and hope to finish the army creating part of it very soon!

For now, I just went ahead and inserted the two VC units into the HCS/HAC database. Please go ahead and toss in your ideas about potential improvements! I won't be making any changes to HAC anymore, but I would implement the ideas in HACCS.

By the way, I'd be curious to know why you're currently using HCS over HACCS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software