Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 20th, 2009, 08:17 PM

TheLorax is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Sujoah

For whatever it is worth, I agree with Killercactus on this ruling. A wound was never received, therefore you never roll again for the poison. (Maybe there is difference between a wound inflicted and a wound received? I dunno)

On a lighter note, how you guys say Sujoah's name? I say it like Sue-joe-ah. However, I could see (or hear rather) something like Sue-joy-a. What's your take?
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
The following is part of a longer post I made in the Wo-Sa-Ga vs. Microcorp thread, found here http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=25549&page=2, but I think it applies here.

---------------

Some of you are implying that the Poison Sting ruling says something it does not. Here it is (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
- POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Keep rolling vs. "ignore wound(s)" powers?
If any figure has a special power that allows it to ignore the wound(s) inflicted by Sujoah’s Poison Sting Special Attack, can Sujoah keep rolling the D20 for Poison Sting Special Attack?
No. Even though it doesn't explicitly state it, the reason he continues to roll for poison damage is because the wound is still being inflicted. If the wound were ignored, you would stop rolling for Poison Sting Special Attack.
If I got a tax cut last year, and then asked "can I keep getting tax cuts next year and the year after?," that answer does not have anything to do with the fact I already got one initially. Same thing with Sujoah (making $185,000, perhaps) and the question whether or not he can keep rolling. The FAQ answer says he can't continue, but in order to continue, he has to start. This start is the initial, and only, roll in this case.

His card is broken up into 2 parts (which I'll label), and the ruling only affects the second part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Sting Special Attack
(Part 1) If Sujoah inflicts at least 1 wound with Poison Sting Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die for Poison Damage. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wound for Poison Damage. If you roll 10-19, (Part 2) add 1 additional wound marker to the defending figure's Army Card, and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.
Stealth Suit can't work unless a wound is inflicted, so let's assume the attack is successful. That means Sujoah gets to roll ONCE (see blue), as stated in the first sentence. Then, the FAQ tells us that in part 2, we do not get to roll again because the additional wound inflicted does not take us back to part 1.

The point is, one wound HAD to be inflicted initially for the Stealth Suit to work at all, so Sujoah gets his one roll to try to get a 20 and destroy the figure instead of causing a death by wounding.

For Sujoah, I believe the right way to play is:
1. Attack roll > Defense roll
2. Wound inflicted/received simultaneously
3. Roll ONCE for the Sting against squad, as it is stated in "Part 1" of the Special Attack (not always necessary, of course)
4. Only a 20 can destroy it, otherwise the figure is removed due to wounds. Part 2, which allows him to "keep rolling" is what the FAQ disallows
5. Stealth Armor can activate right "before removing the figure" (as it says on their card) if the figure was destoyed due to wounds, but not detroyed right out with a 20

---------------

Additionally, I believe the Poison Sting likewise works against Defy Death and Cell Divide, but only for the first roll. There can be no additional rolls, because that is how the FAQ ruled it since there are parts "not explicitly stated" that apply.
stealth armor states if you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds. Sujoahs card says if sujoah inflicts at least 1 wound to roll the 20 sider. stealth armor ignores the wound, no wound inflicted, no 20 sider.......
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
'Joy?' Where do you get 'joy' from?
Wounding Raelin with Poison Sting and rolling a 20.
Wouldn't Q9 be better?
Yeah, but I just did it to Raelin in a tournament Saturday. I also killed X17 with one Poison Sting roll too (though that one was 3 wounds + 14 + 16 for the kill).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do think its odd that chilling touch doesnt work on soulborgs, yet a poison sting does. You would think poison would only really affect living creatures, thus making undead and soulborgs immune.

meh, whatever.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:35 AM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
I think of it as the designers taking a dislike to Q9 and blasts/glads.
It doesn't effect any figures with 1 life, because once you inflict a wound to activate poison sting they will dead anyway. It does work well against high defense figures lime Q9 though.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post
Quote:
It doesn't effect any figures with 1 life, because once you inflict a wound to activate poison sting they will dead anyway. It does work well against high defense figures lime Q9 though.
Poison Sting is a special attack. The Gladiatrons' (Lets not forget X17's) melee defense doesn't work against special attacks. It would also bypass counterstrike and defensive agility.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post
Quote:

I don't mind that Sujoah can be a Q9 killer, I get tired of seeing Q9 all the time anyway.

Sujoah has nothing on the blast/glads that any other figure has, one wound kills any of them. However, if someone gets Sujoah out too far ahead of his support (raises hand), then the Blast/Glads can take it to him by surrounding him and getting the homing beacon thing going. That happened to me the first time I used Sujoah/Spiders against Garylasq and his Blast/Glad hoarde.

However, now that I have my twin girls learning to play, I've been making all kinds of armies for them to try out against each other. Lastnight, Morgan's Sujoah wounded and poisoned Mittens to death and the spiders did really well against the Vipers (2 attack is great against the 0 defense, and 3 attack with height was even better ). Between Paige's Wo Sa Ga and Armoc Vipers, they took out Sujoah, but the Spiders and Saylind finished off Wo Sa Ga and the last Armoc.

In this case, initiative, speed and frenzy of the Vipers worked in Sujoah's favor because he was still in his starting area with plenty of support and survived Mittens and Vipers x2 before going after Wo Sa Ga.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Can Sujoah's semi-transparent wings block line of sight?
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That is an interesting observation. I tried this out just now with Q9 and could not get an angle where I would clearly see anything on the other side of the wing. Maybe if a lazer could hit a target on the other side without refracting too much?

Last edited by Obsidian; August 16th, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
That is an interesting observation. I tried this out just now with Q9 and could not get an angle where I would clearly see anything on the other side of the wing. Maybe if a lazer could hit a target on the other side without refracting to much?
Thanks Obsidian.

You really have to think about line of sight in two ways.

1. A pistol/arrow cannot pass through a wing. However, you'd be able to see the person behind the wing, and therfore jump, or scoot to the side so you would be able to see them.

2. The other reason why we have to check for line of sight is because if a spider is hiding behind a tree, you could scoot over so you could see it, but the archer/gunman wouldn't even know the spider was there.

Honestly, I'm still not clear about it, but my gaming group would probably allow it.
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Now that we got a few more Aquilla, here is my idea for an all Aquilla army with Sujoah at 500 points
Sujoah
Migol
Axe x3 or Axe x2 and spiders x2
505 or 515

or

Sujoah
spiders x3
Brave Arrow
Tribe x2
points 495 (this is a popular build)

What do you guys think?

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 17th, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

It's not all Aquilla, but it is a powerful build:

Sujoah 185
Spiders x2
Brave Arrow 50
Mohicans x2 140
Mittens 120
plus 20 points of filler for a fast moving 600 point army

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units