Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 14th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

That is amazing for prepainted metal minis. I look forward to seeing what you do with them. I suggest you don't delay, because that supply could dry up.

Though if your design is good enough, you could even proxy with actual Axegrinders. Great find!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:26 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

How does the C3V work and what miniatures are used?

What do you need for SoV approval and how long is the process?
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
How does the C3V work and what miniatures are used?

What do you need for SoV approval and how long is the process?
Here is a thread about how the C3V works. Here is a thread about the SoV.

As for how the C3V selects minis and the SoV considers them, you are welcome to read the last couple of pages of this thread, in which you've posted, for some discussion of that.

= =
Old November 19th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Generally the SoV prefers that a Squad is comprised of a unique sculpt for each squad figure. However, exceptions are made for things like the two ants squads. Would an exception be possible for more Human-like figures?

To be more specific, the Attack Wing set of Sun Elf Guards, which comes with 6 of the exact same elf figure, with only one of them having a slightly different paint job. Troll&Toad, Miniature Market, Coolstuffinc, NobleKnight, RPGLocker, and several other shops sell the set of 6, and sell the figure itself individually. Just the individual figure has quantities of at least 25 each at all the stores I just mentioned, and some of them have over 50. Ebay alone is full of this Set, and the figure, with dozens of sellers. I'd say there's easily 400 of the figure, maybe more. My local game stores even sell the 6 figure set. Would a 2 - 3 man squad designed around this figure alone, assuming the design is solid, be acceptable?
Old November 19th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

For myself, I wouldn't have a principled objection to a squad formed this way. Particularly if even one of them has a difference in paint or sculpt. It would be a factor I would weigh in my overall analysis, and it would matter only slightly.

The other voters - the SoV at first, and the rest of us afterward - would decide for themselves, separately. They are of course welcome to contribute here, or elsewhere, if they chose.

= =
Old November 19th, 2018, 06:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Possibly. If you check the first few posts in the SoV thread, you'll find a few squads of one sculpt that were accepted for review: 77th Infantry Division, Gatekeepers, Rat Swarms, and Ibixian Ridge Raiders.

So nobody's done it in 7 years, but it was done several times in the past. As you noted, it would need to be a killer design.

Also of note would be an analogous situation we announced in April, also using an Attack Wing box:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
ATTENTION:

Sneak Peek - An Uncommon Hero in development from C3V
(Medium Figure - single spaced)

The figures used for this unit are D&D Attack Wing figures. The names of the figures used are Aaracockra Troop
(Three figures is probably enough for one person.)
Old November 19th, 2018, 09:08 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Note that we usually go for a common hero design in this scenario in C3V internally. For some members of C3V I would expect it to be a hard sell.

An inspiring design can go a long way in offsetting these kinds of things.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:08 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I was thinking of making heroes for Heroic Mode and they will mutate like the legendary enemies of Fallout 4. They will have 4 special maybe and I will put a star next to their name in the form of this *.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Knock yourself out. I have no idea what you’re talking about but maybe I’ll understand better when I see one.

= =
Old December 13th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I have a question about the breadth of what would be a canonical design. We all know by now that the Dungeons and Dragons universe is part of Heroscape's canon - we've received numerous units, official and custom, hailing from the worlds of Toril and Eberron. Does this make the rest of D&D's cosmology fair game? Does this mean other worlds or planes within D&D's universe - Sigil, Baator, Mechanus - would be accepted homeworlds? Would characters from different campaign settings, such as Ravenloft or Planescape, be allowed? They're all part of the same canon after all.

~Lazy Orang, mostly asking because she's recently started playing Planescape Torment and seeing a character with a listed Homeworld of Sigil at some point would make her ludicrously happy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:29 PM

I am not sure what to make of this. When it comes to other planets, you might want to talk to the higher ups. If your asking about the legendary thing, it is only affects pre-existing cards. It is still a work in progress and the Feral Troll is the only existing that have legendary variants so far.
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I am not sure what to make of this. When it comes to other planets, you might want to talk to the higher ups. If your asking about the legendary thing, it is only affects pre-existing cards. It is still a work in progress and the Feral Troll is the only existing that have legendary variants so far.
I don't think she's asking about your custom scenario rules. This is a thread for C3V and SoV questions.

As far as L_O's original question, I'm not 100% sure. I don't know enough D&D to know the nuances. I think in most cases, we'd just try to cram any D&D figures into either Toril or Ebberon, but that's a very unofficial answer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs