Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 7th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Avatar: The Last Airbender public workshop

With Aang designed, I figured we might as well make an Avatar workshop. Feel free to post your ideas here.

Released Avatar cards:
Aang

Design ideas:
Katara - Archie
Sokka - Archie
Toph - FreshFoods

Archie's Mod tutorials for Team Avatar

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 1st, 2022 at 12:33 PM.
Old April 7th, 2021, 08:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender public workshop

One idea I had is to group Team Avatar around a single power that gives them synergy with each other and Aang. Each of the Gaang feels like they'd have a different class and personality, so there's no easy leftbox synergy hook.

Quote:
TEAM AVATAR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with XXX, you may take a turn with any other Hero you control that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power. You may not take any additional turns.
And here is a basic idea for Sokka. He has a synergy power for Team Avatar, a power repping his boomerang, and a crazy strategy type power.

Quote:

NAME = SOKKA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = BOLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS =

TEAM AVATAR
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another figure that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Sokka. You may not take any additional turns.

IMPROVISED PLAN
Instead of attacking with Sokka you may choose an adjacent figure and roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you rolled a skull, you may then move Sokka and up to 2 Unique Heroes you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Sokka up to 5 spaces each, during which they do not take leaving engagement attacks.

RETURNING BOOMERANG
If Sokka does not inflict one or more wounds when attacking an opponent's non-adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack that figure one additional time with his normal attack, even if he is engaged during the additional attack.

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 13th, 2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old April 13th, 2021, 02:17 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Sorry, meant to comment here earlier.

Anyway, dig the overall idea, few thoughts:

Team Avatar currently has a bit of anti-synergy going with Aang. Pretty much all his SA options want him to be taking the first turn in sequence, but that's the one thing you can't do right now. I'd do it more like a sidekick style thing:

"After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another figure that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Sokka. You may not take any additional turns."

This also lets you put OMs on Aang and get bonding with his squishier friends instead of having to risk losing the OMs by having them on the weaker figure (though admittedly not as big an issue with people not Sokka).

Improvised Plan is cool. Pretty strong effect, especially when you can do bonding before or after it. But Sokka being squishy and only once a round probably balance it out.

Is the idea that you're picking either enemies next to Sokka or picking one figure you control and then picking enemies next to them? Or that you could mix and match and pick one enemy next to Sokka and one next to Aang and one next to Katara as long as Aang and Katara are within 5 spaces of Sokka?

I'd probably switch the targeted figures from engaged to just adjacent. That way Sokka can knock trees down on people and such should the opportunity arise. You don't get anything out of hitting friendlies with it, so that's not a big deal.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 13th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Archie

Making Team Avatar into a sidekick thing makes a lot of sense.

Reading Improvised Plan again, I struggle to see my theme for it. I like the idea of simplifying down to what you suggest. The basic idea was Sokka doing something wacky and his friends taking advantage of that to regroup.

Edit - Something like this is a bit more clear and makes the power a little riskier.
Quote:
IMPROVISED PLAN
Instead of attacking with Sokka you may choose an adjacent figure and roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you rolled a skull, you may then move Sokka and up to 2 Unique Heroes you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Sokka up to 5 spaces each, during which they do not take leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Arch-vile; April 13th, 2021 at 12:12 PM.
Old June 14th, 2021, 10:32 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

You guys have any ideas for Toph? Here's what I've got so far ;

Quote:
NAME = TOPH BEIFONG
SECRET IDENTITY =N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = STUBBORN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TEAM AVATAR

After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another figure that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Toph Beifong. You may not take any additional turns.

BLIND WARRIOR
Toph Beifong cannot be prevented from choosing a figure to attack by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. When Toph Beifong attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, that figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile.

MASTER EARTHBENDING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects.
Earth Armor: Add 3 to Toph Beifong’s defense until the start of your next player turn.
Earth ??? : ???
Radar Sense could also work instead of Blind Warrior, but I'm leaning BW. For Master Earthbending, Earth Armor is just Aang's Earth element but a little better. The 2nd effect should probably be something offense,but I'm not sure what. Maybe "attack one additional time, and roll an additional die if targeting the same figure". I'm mostly thinking of when Earthbenders yeet a bunch of boulders at someone with an effect like that. Or instead, maybe something to synergize with Sokka's Improvised Plan?
Old June 15th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Archie

That’s a solid draft. Some other ideas: maybe convert a blank to a hit (similar to Bunker’s brick power), maybe lock someone down by reducing their movement (to represent her putting earth around an enemy’s feet. Could add a movement thing too since she’s often “surfing” on earth with bending. The double attack idea is solid too.
Old June 15th, 2021, 10:47 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I like the sound of doing something with movement, either locking down an enemy or something with rock surfing. Going off of Aang and your Sokka draft, it seems like the team could focus pretty hard on movement manipulation, which sounds cool.

I would guess Katara would have some sort of ice bending, so maybe giving her the lock down and Toph something like "next time you move Toph adjacent to an enemy, roll an unblockable". That lets her work with Improvised Plan pretty well.
Old June 15th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Archie

Oh and Sokka isn’t locked in stone or anything, so I’m happy with whatever direction for him. But I think it’s a great idea to focus on mechanical synergy for sure.
Old June 15th, 2021, 02:31 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Could do something about shields equaling hits or something. Seems pretty Earthy.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 11th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Archie

Quote:

NAME = KATARA

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR / GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS =

TEAM AVATAR
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another figure that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Katara. You may not take any additional turns.

WATERBENDING MASTER
Katara and all friendly figures do not stop their movement when entering water spaces within 2 spaces of Katara. Add 2 dice to Katara’s Attack and Defense numbers while she is within 2 spaces of a water, snow, or ice space.

WATERBENDER: HEALING 10
Once per round instead of attacking with Katara, you may choose an adjacent wounded Human you control and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if Katara is within 2 spaces of a water, snow, or ice space. On a roll of 10 or higher, remove up to 2 wounds from the chosen figure’s card.
Here's my idea for Katara. Being a water bender, she should be fairly terrain dependent, but giving the bonus if she's within 2 spaces of one of three different terrain types gives her more flexibility than most terrain dependent figures.

Last edited by Arch-vile; November 7th, 2021 at 03:07 AM.
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That healing power is pretty solid.
Old August 21st, 2021, 11:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
You guys have any ideas for Toph? Here's what I've got so far ;

Quote:
NAME = TOPH BEIFONG
SECRET IDENTITY =N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = STUBBORN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TEAM AVATAR

After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another figure that is an Avatar or has the Team Avatar special power and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Toph Beifong. You may not take any additional turns.

BLIND WARRIOR
Toph Beifong cannot be prevented from choosing a figure to attack by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph. When Toph Beifong attacks a figure on a Shadow Tile, that figure does not receive any additional defense dice for the Shadow Tile.

MASTER EARTHBENDING SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Before attacking, choose one of the following effects.
Earth Armor: Add 3 to Toph Beifong’s defense until the start of your next player turn.
Earth ??? : ???
Radar Sense could also work instead of Blind Warrior, but I'm leaning BW. For Master Earthbending, Earth Armor is just Aang's Earth element but a little better. The 2nd effect should probably be something offense,but I'm not sure what. Maybe "attack one additional time, and roll an additional die if targeting the same figure". I'm mostly thinking of when Earthbenders yeet a bunch of boulders at someone with an effect like that. Or instead, maybe something to synergize with Sokka's Improvised Plan?
I have an On Deck figure that has a power that might interest you unless you are just looking for a SA here...

TERRA MANIPULATION 2
Start the game with 2 Small Rock Outcrop Destructible Objects on this card. Instead of moving, you may place up to two Small Rock Outrcrops on this card on any empty space within 5 spaces of xxx. Instead of attacking, you may destroy a Small Rock Outcrop within 5 spaces of xxx. Whenever a Small Rock Outcrop from this card is destroyed, place it on this card. xxxx never takes damage from the Crumble special power.

Quote:
NAME = SMALL ROCK OUTCROP

SECRET IDENTITY = DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 1

DEFENSE = 7

CRUMBLE
When this Small Rock Outcrop is destroyed, each player rolls 1 unblockable attack die against each figure they control adjacent to this Small Rock Outcrop, one at a time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy