Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

View Poll Results: How powerful should the most powerful medium unique heroes
Option 1 3 7.14%
Option 2 1 2.38%
Option 3 1 2.38%
Option 4 2 4.76%
Option 5 2 4.76%
Option 6 18 42.86%
Option 7 21 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 17th, 2020, 09:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
HoME Vision Poll #1: Power-Level (READ FIRST!)

How powerful should the most powerful medium unique heroes in Middle Earth (Gandalf, Legolas, Glorfindel, Galadriel, Saruman etc.) be compared to other Heroscape figures?

Option 1: I will not use HoME figures if the strongest medium heroes are as powerful as Marvel figures like Hulk, Thanos, and Silver Surfer

Option 2: I will not use HoME figures if the strongest medium heroes are as powerful as figures like C3V's Heracles, HoSS's Darth Vader, or weaker Marvel figures like Iron Man, Red Skull, and Captain America

Option 3: I will not use HoME figures if the strongest medium heroes are as powerful as figures like Sonlen, Sgt. Drake v2, Cyprien Esenwein, and Marvel figures like Venom and Spider-Man

Option 4: No preference

Option 5: I prefer the strongest medium heroes in HoME to be as powerful Hasbro Marvel figures like Hulk, Thanos, and Silver Surfer

Option 6: I prefer the strongest medium heroes in HoME to be as powerful as figures like C3V's Heracles, HoSS's Darth Vader, or medium-level Hasbro Marvel figures like Iron Man, Red Skull, and Captain America

Option 7: I prefer the strongest medium heroes in HoME to be as powerful as figures like Sonlen, Sgt. Drake v2, Cyprien Esenwein, and weaker Hasbro Marvel figures like Venom and Spider-Man

Card References for Option 1 and Option 5
Spoiler Alert!

Card References for Option 2 and Option 6
Spoiler Alert!

Card References for Option 3 and Option 7
Spoiler Alert!

More Polls
Poll #2: Generals is here

Poll #3: Synergy is here

Poll #4: Complexity is here

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 18th, 2020 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Adding links to other polls
Old May 17th, 2020, 11:05 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HoME Vision Poll #1: Power-Level (READ FIRST!)

Just a musing, but I think part of what makes it more subjective is that magic/magic users in Middle Earth, well more just magic in most forms, doesn't really follow any clearly defined rules like a lot of supers, science fiction based heroes, or just highly skilled warriors.
Legolas might be an exception, as he's just really skilled at what he does, plus elf powers, but still.

Also, I'm more leaning 6, but I could see some between 6 & 7.

edit: From what I'm seeing at these polls it's really close between 6 & 7, if it stays close, I think 200pts could serve as a solid upper limit on how strong things can get.

Last edited by Splash; May 20th, 2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old May 28th, 2020, 02:45 PM

WarBeast knows what's in an order marker WarBeast knows what's in an order marker

I prefer if any new figures can be more like the originals. What I'd like to see in customs is to take the point value and basic Attack/Move/Life/Range/Defense, etc.... to match existing heroes closely but just change the special abilities. For example, Legolas can be like Syvarris. But maybe his ability is different. Like maybe he his range isn't as far but his defense is better. OR Maybe he only gets one shot, but can do a special up to 4 shots but if he does, he has to add a wound, etc.... This allows similar multi-Uniques to be played in a way. If that makes sense? Any of the Dwarves can be similar to Migol, Darak or Mogrimm. Just change the ability to something new. Maybe Hobbits are like Goblin cutters but instead of being a squad, they have the same abilities and stats but divided into 1 life commons. For like 15 points as fillers, glyph getters. Or DeathreAVERS but individually at 10 pts with the same stats. Similar to elementals or wyrmlings. It gives a variance of the same figures we all know and doesn't get out of hand on stats. But that's just one opinion. I didn't think too much on those samples, so please note I am just suggesting those to make my point. As long as the ability isn't too much of course, but reflects the new figure. Thanks
Old May 28th, 2020, 03:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBeast View Post
I prefer if any new figures can be more like the originals. What I'd like to see in customs is to take the point value and basic Attack/Move/Life/Range/Defense, etc.... to match existing heroes closely but just change the special abilities. For example, Legolas can be like Syvarris. But maybe his ability is different. Like maybe he his range isn't as far but his defense is better. OR Maybe he only gets one shot, but can do a special up to 4 shots but if he does, he has to add a wound, etc.... This allows similar multi-Uniques to be played in a way. If that makes sense? Any of the Dwarves can be similar to Migol, Darak or Mogrimm. Just change the ability to something new. Maybe Hobbits are like Goblin cutters but instead of being a squad, they have the same abilities and stats but divided into 1 life commons. For like 15 points as fillers, glyph getters. Or DeathreAVERS but individually at 10 pts with the same stats. Similar to elementals or wyrmlings. It gives a variance of the same figures we all know and doesn't get out of hand on stats. But that's just one opinion. I didn't think too much on those samples, so please note I am just suggesting those to make my point. As long as the ability isn't too much of course, but reflects the new figure. Thanks
Thanks for the suggestions, WarBeast!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs