Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 9th, 2008, 12:05 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Morsbane

I really want to get this guy to work. I mean, he has such a cool idea for a power, but it hardly ever works for me. And the guy I most want to negate, Major Q9, totally owns this guy when he close enough...
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Sometimes, you gotta figure out who you can safely negate and who not. I recommend Krug.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I really want to get this guy to work. I mean, he has such a cool idea for a power, but it hardly ever works for me. And the guy I most want to negate, Major Q9, totally owns this guy when he close enough...
With Morsy, you can't depend on his ability at all. He's a decent figure (not great) because he can still hold his own in battle w/o his negation ability. If you draft him to specifically take out another figure's abilities, he will disappoint you every game.

I have used Morsy for a while now (w/o fellow elf wizards) as a high life / low defense attacker that can scare your opponent's large figures.

Move him into battle and use him to fight squad figures while getting "pot" shots at the big hitters' abilities. Remember he can move, attack, and negate every order marker! If you use him this way, I have found that he negates someone virtually every game (unless the opponent is so scared of him that they focus on him -- which can also be very useful to you). The last two times I've used him I negated Finn in both games. It really annoys people when they draft Finn, put him in harm's way, and then can't use his spirit !

I have also used Morsy as a glyph holder. When he sits on an attack glyph, he is a help to others (with 6 life). I tried this at a friendly Gen-Con game and negated Chompy as he approached with orcs! That was really fun.

Just don't count on the ability and use it whenever possible and you'll find he's more often worth the 100 points than not.
Old October 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh, I forgot something. If your opponent has no high ranged figs like Syv, the AE, or the Krav, you can use Morsbane to guard RotV Raelin, because who would want to risk sending their melee units over to get in range of a guy who can negate their powers? I know that this strategy probably wouldn't work in real life, but Raelin helps Morsbane out tremendously in his weakest area, which would of course be his weak defence of 2.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:08 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here was the situation:

I had NeGokSa, opponent had Morsbane. I mind shackled Krug. Later in the game Morsbane negated NeGokSa. My opponent tried to argue that he should get Krug back. I explained that negation is not retroactive. I also pointed to the fact that even if NGS were killed, Krug would remain in my control. He reluctantly agreed, but by this point the fun had been sucked out of the game.

I am virtually 100% certain that I was right on this, but would like to hear your opinions.

I did look through both this book and NGS's book and could not find this situation, so hopefully this question is not redundant.
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I do remember seeing this come up before: you are correct. Negation is NOT retroactive like that, even though it tricks you by saying "negated for the entire game."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I do remember seeing this come up before: you are correct. Negation is NOT retroactive like that, even though it tricks you by saying "negated for the entire game."
Yes, that "for the entire game" phrase is what he was stuck on. But if that were the case, you would have to bring back any figure that was killed due to special attack or bonus ability, which obviously is ridiculous.
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yep. Morsbane gets little love as it is, but if you had to remember every little thing that could be undone and redo your whole game? He'd collect even more dust.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, he should have negated Krug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 27th, 2008, 12:29 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

I've had pretty good luck using Morsbane with Ulginesh and the rest of the Elven Homeroom. Last game I rolled a 20 on Q9 with Morsbane and then negated X17 for the endgame. The jungle really helps wimpy defense units like Morsbane.

Once a unit is negated, can you negate him again, hoping to roll the 20?

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
As long as Morsbane still has negation markers I don't see why not. Still, you risk losing a second marker to the unit.

~Aldin, who can imagine situations where it would be worthwhile anyway

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
As long as Morsbane still has negation markers I don't see why not. Still, you risk losing a second marker to the unit.

~Aldin, who can imagine situations where it would be worthwhile anyway
Although, ironically, if you succeed in rolling the 20, you don't lose the negation marker (according to the Advanced FAQ).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units