Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 28th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Noh-Varr

The Book of Noh-Varr

C3G MARVEL WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #038 / Noh-Varr.

Character Bio - Marvel Boy. Protector. Captain Marvel. Like many young people trying to find their way, Noh-Varr tries on identities like outfits. Originally an inter-dimensional traveler, Noh-Varr was stranded on Earth due to the greed of Dr. Midas. After defeating the evil, sentient corporation known as Hexus, Noh-Varr found himself pulled in one direction after another, becoming a pawn of S.H.I.E.L.D., one of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers, and even briefly an ally of the real Avengers. But it was not until his relationship with Kate Bishop drew him into the Young Avengers' conflict with the evil Mother that Noh-Varr had a chance to confront his past and try to find himself on his own terms. Though the second incarnation of the Young Avengers was short-lived, it allowed Noh-Varr to, if not discover an identity, at least find himself a direction.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with a special attack, Noh-Varr can interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Noh-Varr interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: png
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:52 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Noh-Varr - Design Phase

NAME = NOH-VARR

SPECIES = KREE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROOKIE
PERSONALITY = OVERCONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 260

WHITE RUNNING
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may also reveal an 'X' Order Marker on this card to activate White Running. For this turn, Noh-Varr adds 4 to his Move number, may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After moving with White Running and instead of attacking, you may choose up to 4 figures Noh-Varr moved through this turn and roll an unblockable attack die against each chosen figure, one at a time.

RUN AND GUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Noh-Varr, you may move Noh-Varr up to 6 spaces. Noh-Varr may attack with this special attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after this move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement.

ENHANCED DURABILITY
When Noh-Varr is attacked with a normal attack, the most wounds he can receive from that attack is one.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Change Log:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; March 21st, 2018 at 02:52 PM. Reason: updated wording
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:53 PM

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Fairly straightforward here, covering most of what I want to cover with the character. He has a ton of enhanced abilities, but I think this captures the more iconic bits.

Little bit undecided on which name to use here. His real name is Noh-Varr, but he originally went by Marvel Boy when he first showed up. He later used Captain Marvel and Protector, both very briefly. In the Young Avenger series (his more recent appearances and what this design is based on), others refer to him as Marvel Boy but he always correct them and insists on Noh-Varr.I think either Noh-Varr or Marvel Boy is best, and I lean toward Noh-Varr.

Last edited by TrollBrute; March 12th, 2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old February 28th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

4 base attack feels a little low, I think I'd rather see him at 5 base attack. White Running seems a tad complex, but I do really like it. His SA and Enhanced Durability are perfect.

I slightly prefer just Noh-Varr for his name, but Marvel Boy would also be fine.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 28th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm happy with Noh-Varr as his name, and his latter two powers are fine.

White Running is really complex, so to dial that down a bit, I'd like to see it's numbers standardized. Currently it's +4 Move and either 4 unblockable dice or +3 Attack. Making them all 4s or all 3s would help with memory issues and tone down complexity by a bit.

Otherwise good stuff. I'd almost go Arrogant on personality though (unless we're tying synergy to Enthusiastic in which case we're good of course).
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like how it brings in all the super speed variations...

as far as name goes you could always go with Marvel Boy with Noh-Varr as the Identity. Otherwise just stick with Noh-Varr.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
4 base attack feels a little low, I think I'd rather see him at 5 base attack. White Running seems a tad complex, but I do really like it. His SA and Enhanced Durability are perfect.

I slightly prefer just Noh-Varr for his name, but Marvel Boy would also be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
White Running is really complex, so to dial that down a bit, I'd like to see it's numbers standardized. Currently it's +4 Move and either 4 unblockable dice or +3 Attack. Making them all 4s or all 3s would help with memory issues and tone down complexity by a bit.
I really considered simplifying the power before I posted, but couldn't decide where to make cuts. After some more thought, I'm leaning toward dropping the +3 Attack. It would simplify things, and also cut some text and the bullet points out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Otherwise good stuff. I'd almost go Arrogant on personality though (unless we're tying synergy to Enthusiastic in which case we're good of course).
Tickle originally had the faction coming together on Enthusiastic and I carried that over at first, but eventually switched to the Class of Rookie.

As for Arrogant, it definitely fits his earlier appearances in Morrison's Marvel Boy series, but I'd argue that Enthusiastic fits much better for his time with the YA. I mean, this is a guy who grew a beard because he got really into country music. I'm not sure how he was portrayed in between the two series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
as far as name goes you could always go with Marvel Boy with Noh-Varr as the Identity. Otherwise just stick with Noh-Varr.
Well yeah, his real name's Noh-Varr. The question is whether to just stick with that or ot go with Marvel Boy, which he did use at one time.

Old February 28th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can't comment on the theme here, but I like the proposed changes. If you cut that second bullet from White Running, I could definitely see the boost to 5 attack per Viegon's suggestion.

What point range is thematic for him? He seems mid to high 200s from this.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 29th, 2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What point range is thematic for him? He seems mid to high 200s from this.
We could justify anywhere on a large range for him. In the Marvel Boy series, you could almost argue for Event Hero status, and above 300 would be reasonable, but Young Avengers didn't portray him nearly that strong. I'm shooting for somewhere in the 200s, but no specific cost in mind. I don't really want to go above 270-280, but I'm okay up to there.

Old February 29th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see 260-280 with the changes you're talking about, so I think you're right on track. Pure theoryscape there, though, of course.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 29th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I support dropping the attack boost from White Running.

As to personality, I agree that Arrogant doesn't fit his time with the Young Avengers. Enthusiastic fits that era of the character really well in my opinion.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 29th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I would argue for Overconfident at least - from what I remember, the dude was kind of a jackass.

I agree that anywhere in the 200s is appropriate for him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library