Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old July 4th, 2021, 03:42 AM

icunicu is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Custom Engagement Rules

Hello everyone, glad to see people are still enjoying this game.

I was working on a few added rules to improve engagements by adding elements to battles and I would love to hear some feedback.

Ranged Engagement:
If one of your units moves into the range of an enemy ranged unit, they get to take a free shot. The unit has to stop in range, not just pass through, and it can be avoided if you are able to rush them and get into melee range in the same turn you enter their range. This only happens once/unit unless the unit leaves range and returns.

Accuracy:
When attacking(on your turn, so not on disengagement, ranged engagement, or counter-attack, see below) roll a 20-sided dice. A 1 is a miss and a 20 is a critical hit that does double the wounds rolled. Also, if a 1-6 is rolled, the defender gets to counter-attack if they are not killed by the attack. If a 7-14 is rolled, nothing else happens. If a 15-20 is rolled, the defender is stunned and the attacker gets a second attack. (without the hit dice)

Force:
This is how wild or precise you are attacking. For example, if your attack is 6 and you roll 6 skulls, it is considered a wild swing. This means you would subtract 6 from whatever is on the hit dice making it impossible to crit and more likely to miss or at least leave yourself open to a counter-attack. If you make a weaker attack and get 2 skulls instead of six, you would subtract the skulls from the non-skulls to give your hit dice role +2 because it is a much more precise strike. If you roll 0 skulls, a feint-attack, you would add 6 to the hit dice which would make you much more likely to do a follow up attack. A final example, if you have an attack of 4 and you roll 2 skulls and 2 non-skulls, you are making a balanced attack and would make 0 adjustment to the hit dice.
Old July 4th, 2021, 06:42 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Engagement Rules

Always interested in rule variation like hight advantage taking figure height into account and bonus defense for cover

1. Range engagement, kinda neat but you would need to rebalance points since this is a huge boon for range. Also intruding turns can really mess with some powers.

2. Accuracy neat idea to use the D20 like d&d. The way you are using it it rather powerful an again favors range since range figures usually have first strike. Also it would slow down the game which may or may not be desirable.

3. Force. Neat as it works with you hit dice, but you would need to test it as It might break some units and nerf others.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 4th, 2021, 06:02 PM

icunicu is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Thanks for the feedback. We are severely lacking in ranged units, so I can see how a full army of ranged units could abuse this.

The goal is to add more dynamics to the battles and help with roleplaying. We have started making up attacks for each unit depending on how much power they have. So if my dragon rolls 1 skull it is a claw attack, 2 skulls is a tail swipe, 3 skulls is a bite, and 4+ a breath of fire. This is purely for show, but it makes each engagement seem to play out with much more variety. As far as the time, it can drastically speed up or slow down battles, so it sort of cancels itself out, but the battles are more enjoyable due to the increase in possibilities.

Balance is a whole other issue as we are only using about 40% of the total units out there. Tons of cool ideas on here.
Old July 4th, 2021, 06:54 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Cool. Sometimes having less make you more creative. If you like simulation rules check out this thread https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53030
It is some rules on common units but links to height advantage and partial cover rules.

Also if you have any commons check out @TREX rules for multiple commons. It is more of a simulation rules. Good luck.

Old July 5th, 2021, 02:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Cool. Sometimes having less make you more creative. If you like simulation rules check out this thread https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53030
It is some rules on common units but links to height advantage and partial cover rules.

Also if you have any commons check out @TREX rules for multiple commons. It is more of a simulation rules. Good luck.
Are you referring to my Heroscape Unleashed PDF? There are variants of play in there that cover Gridless play, and also complete army activation every round. Those rules and gameplay have been played quite a few times to test them thoroughly and are quite fun. Me and some of my brothers had playtested it and worked on it for over a year before I made the pdf.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 5th, 2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post

Are you referring to my Heroscape Unleashed PDF? There are variants of play in there that cover Gridless play, and also complete army activation every round. Those rules and gameplay have been played quite a few times to test them thoroughly and are quite fun. Me and some of my brothers had playtested it and worked on it for over a year before I made the pdf.
Exactly! Thanks for the input.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions