Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Broke down and decided to improve my ending by playing ME3 multiplayer yesterday. Thankfully, its pretty well done and quite a bit of fun. I did sort of get my fill of it yesterday though. Can't say I have much need to keep playing further.
Eh...I wouldn't bother until they release the expanded ending as multiplayer assets decay over time.

Wait till its release date is announced and play for the week or 2 before if you are worried about the ending. Only need about 65-75% to get the best endings, at least right now.

EDIT:

Been playing lots of The Old Republic since 1.2 was released. The update was really good and looks even more awesome when 1.3 comes out sometime next month.

My son and I have been playing characters together - honestly, this continues to be one of the single best experiences to play with friends together. My LS Bounty Hunter rarely agrees with Josh's cruel Sith Warrior.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; April 16th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Broke down and decided to improve my ending by playing ME3 multiplayer yesterday. Thankfully, its pretty well done and quite a bit of fun. I did sort of get my fill of it yesterday though. Can't say I have much need to keep playing further.
Eh...I wouldn't bother until they release the expanded ending as multiplayer assets decay over time.

Wait till its release date is announced and play for the week or 2 before if you are worried about the ending. Only need about 65-75% to get the best endings, at least right now.
Yeah, but your EMS locks in at the point of no return, which is where I'm at in the campaign. I want to know what's so dumb now!
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

Yeah, but your EMS locks in at the point of no return, which is where I'm at in the campaign. I want to know what's so dumb now!
Ah, NM then. Didn't realize you were at that point. That's cool. Just with they had the expanded ending ready by the time you beat it (they won't, not till Summer), that way you wouldn't have to deal with the last 5 minutes (currently).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:51 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finished ME3 last night. That was.... unfortunate. I'm usually super positive guy who thinks all the hate is overblown and defensive of whatever people are so upset about, but that was... very unfortunate. I'm sort of curious what the problem with modern sci-fi is though. ME3's ending just goes in the same pile that caused all the problems with the Matrix, Infamous, Deus Ex and a host of other modern sci fi offerings.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Dr Feelgood

Prob should have waited until the extended ending was released...

That said, 5 horrible minutes out of 35 amazing hours isn't too bad, especially since they are going to greatly expand on the ending.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So they release games with no endings? That is awesome. Is it extra content that you have to pay more for?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So they release games with no endings? That is awesome. Is it extra content that you have to pay more for?
Oh, it's an ending. But it makes little sense and despite having 3 games with multiple characters that you might want to know what happens to, you get zero resolution beyond one thing.

Thankfully, Bioware was thoroughly shamed and are releasing an expanded ending for free, with new cut-scenes, wrapping up of resolutions, and explanations of exactly what happened.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
regurgitation cynic

I honestly don't know if expanding the ending can fix anything. The primary issue isn't the brevity, but the fundamental disconnect the final scene has with the narrative it is built upon. Honestly, its so at odds with the trilogy and in particularly the final game its a part of, I'm having a hard time absorbing it as part of the same experience. I don't see how anything could be added that does anything beyond solidifying and magnifying the issues created in the last few minutes.

I'm kind of at a point with it where I'm more curious where it comes from. It's so similar to so many other great sci fi failings, I have to wonder where they come from. I'm more unnerved by the pattern than by this, particular occurrence.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
I honestly don't know if expanding the ending can fix anything. The primary issue isn't the brevity, but the fundamental disconnect the final scene has with the narrative it is built upon. Honestly, its so at odds with the trilogy and in particularly the final game its a part of, I'm having a hard time absorbing it as part of the same experience. I don't see how anything could be added that does anything beyond solidifying and magnifying the issues created in the last few minutes.

I'm kind of at a point with it where I'm more curious where it comes from. It's so similar to so many other great sci fi failings, I have to wonder where they come from. I'm more unnerved by the pattern than by this, particular occurrence.
You can think Casey Hudson, he wrote the ending separate from the rest of the writing staff (who, while having specific focuses, coordinated with everyone else).

That said, while it might not be "fixed", having a wrap up that actually explains more, with wrap-ups for how my actions ultimately affected the galaxy and what happened to my crew will be very welcome.

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Aside from the ending, I found the lack of decision making that defined ME 1 &2 another negative. Aside from meeting the Rachni Queen again, I felt like none of that was there. In a series based around decision making, I felt that ME3 lacked it over the course of the game and, obviously, at the ending, where the 3 (really just one, who are they kidding) endings should have been just one of several possible endings.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Dr Feelgood

The lack of decision making?

They wrapped up most loose threads, pretty much any that were not taken care of in ME2 was resolved.

Major decisions, unless you have played the previously 2 games carefully, abounded, since it wasn't easy to get the "perfect" resolutions, otherwise. I honestly don't get what you are talking about because the possible decisions (Geth/Genophage/etc) were pretty major and for people who didn't have "ideal" playthroughes are in for some extremely difficult choices.

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
regurgitation cynic

ME3 absolutely had some profound decisions with strong, meaningful conclusions tied to decisions made throughout both prior games (though mostly ME2). The multitude of answers you can bring to the Geth/Quarian struggle are a prime example of the kind of choices granted throughout the series that are completely stripped away in the end.

That's really the unfixable problem with the ending. The events and choices are completely segregated from the themes and events that come before it. There is a vast difference between recounting a series of events, and telling a story. By being so at odds with every other scene that precedes it, the ending of ME3 constitutes a massive failure of storytelling.

EDIT: For the curious, this article is a fantastic summary of the problems
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/

Last edited by Eclipse; April 17th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games