Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I know I'm late to the game on this, but I just picked up Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Collectors Edition (original game and all expansions). Why?? Because it actually reminded me of Heroscape. I've never played Might and Magic before, but there was something about the animated combat, the armies you could build, the hex like grid where combat takes place, that drew me to this game.

If they ever made a heroscape game (which can and should be done) this game would be a good blueprint and "jumping off" point for the design. Granted, I know there is no map exploration, to some degree in Heroscape, but just the animated combat, on a grid type system would work wonders. So, its a great game, I'm addicted to it already, and if someone could get on a Heroscape fan game, that would be straight up animated combat, focused on official scenarios and provided multiplayer, this would take this game (Heroscape) to the next level.

Just a thought.
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am currently revisting some older games from my past. I'm playing through the Journeyman Project series. I had to install Virtual PC on my computer (Vista, yuck!) in order to run the older games. But, I'm having a blast. The games have great storylines and I've always really enjoyed good adventure games like these. Has anybody else played these games?
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:25 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Borderland on the xbox 360 atm,
it's fun and Im getting my arse whipped by everything.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
I am currently revisting some older games from my past. I'm playing through the Journeyman Project series. I had to install Virtual PC on my computer (Vista, yuck!) in order to run the older games. But, I'm having a blast. The games have great storylines and I've always really enjoyed good adventure games like these. Has anybody else played these games?
Vista isn't that bad if you streamline it - disabling alot of the bloat on the system. It isn't Win7 though, which is just Vista after all the bug's and bloat taken out.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I've removed a lot of the background junk that I didn't need and made it a lot faster. However, Vista is still a memory hog. I don't know if my system is fast enough to run Windows 7 though. I'd love to upgrade if I could.

Here's a great book for anyone who's looking to modify their Vista PC to run better: Hacking Windows Vista by Steve Sinchak.
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Yeah, I've removed a lot of the background junk that I didn't need and made it a lot faster. However, Vista is still a memory hog. I don't know if my system is fast enough to run Windows 7 though. I'd love to upgrade if I could.

Here's a great book for anyone who's looking to modify their Vista PC to run better: Hacking Windows Vista by Steve Sinchak.
If your computer can run Vista, it WILL run Win7 and Win7 will run better and faster, right out of the box, than Vista does. I guarantee it. It is Vista, streamlined and trimmed down. Just disable some of the useless visual effects and it runs fantastic with almost no tweaking needed. My system which is 3 years old at least now, from power on to loading Google Chrome takes just 1 minute with 2 Gb of Ram.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbageheat View Post
I know I'm late to the game on this, but I just picked up Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Collectors Edition (original game and all expansions). Why?? Because it actually reminded me of Heroscape. I've never played Might and Magic before, but there was something about the animated combat, the armies you could build, the hex like grid where combat takes place, that drew me to this game.

If they ever made a heroscape game (which can and should be done) this game would be a good blueprint and "jumping off" point for the design. Granted, I know there is no map exploration, to some degree in Heroscape, but just the animated combat, on a grid type system would work wonders. So, its a great game, I'm addicted to it already, and if someone could get on a Heroscape fan game, that would be straight up animated combat, focused on official scenarios and provided multiplayer, this would take this game (Heroscape) to the next level.

Just a thought.
The Heroes of Might and Magic series is seriously underrated, Its one of my favorite series of all time. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 is coming out soon too and I cant wait, no official release date though.

Old March 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM

cabbageheat is surprisingly tart

Yes. As soon as I officially got "into" HOMM5, and picked up everything super cheap (there seem to be 4 different complete collections, kinda crazy) suddenly I come across youtube videos of the next installment, which looks great. Though, my computer is 7 years old, and I will need to update big time to play that next chapter. However, I have definitely gotten my mileage out of my PC.
Old March 7th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!
Mass Effect Addiction

I'm seriously addicted to Mass Effect now. It has been exactly 7 hours, 23 minutes, and 47.6 seconds since I last played Mass Effect. I'm constantly scratching myself, and the world seems empty and hopeless. God help the poor Geth I find in my rifle sights tomorrow.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old March 7th, 2011, 02:42 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Resident Evil 5. Despite being fairly linear, this game has a massive amount of replayability. I highly recommend it, it's a great co-op game, and playing it by your self is fun too. Since the AI seems to never switch weapons, you can just give it a pistol and some pistol ammo, and use it as a pack mule for whatever ammo or weapons you pick up along the way.

Also, Sheva.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Dr Feelgood

I'm currently talking myself into buying Dragon Age 2 tonight at midnight - mentioned it in the other thread re: auto attack, there is an option to enable that in the final release but it was not present in the demo.

Old March 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I'm currently talking myself into buying Dragon Age 2 tonight at midnight - mentioned it in the other thread re: auto attack, there is an option to enable that in the final release but it was not present in the demo.

How would you rate Dragon Age vs Mass Effect. I loved Mass Effect, and I'm nearing the end of ME2. Typically, I'd say I'm a biggest Fantasy fan than Sci Fi, but ME's story and characters were very gripping. I have a friend who is playing ME2 now, and says its way better than Dragon Age, and that it (DA) was no fun.

Should i bother jumping into Dragon Age: Origins, or should I just start with Dragon Age 2. (I'm guessing you are not going to suggest skipping the series altogether).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games