Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A Very Short Game (Durgeth Swamps)

My friend and I get bored of playing massive slaughter-everybody-else battles sometimes, so we decided to try a nice, quick game of "Under Tempest's Cover" on Durgeth Swamps.

For those who don't know, this is a scen in which one player's army contains a unique hero that is a secret scout (red player). This scout must make it to the glyph of Brandar for that player to win. The other player must kill the scout before he or she reaches the other end. Also, the rules prohibit flying and "The Drop" on this scenario for obvious reasons .

The red player places a glyph on each of his unique heros. The one with the glyph of Kelda is the scout. The glyphs cannot be seen by the other player.

Armies:

Blue (me):

Sujoah
Izumi Samurai
1x Microcorps
1x Venoc Vipers

Red:

Me-Burq-Sa
Sgt. Drake (SotM)
2x Nagrubs
Agent Carr

The Battle:

I win initiative. The Venocs move over to Red's starting zone, but are unable to get past the Nagrubs.

Red moves Me-Burq-Sa up to the very edge of the swamp in one go and kills a Venoc while he's at it.

Of course, next out is Sujoah, who can't get to Me-Burq yet. Fortunately, on his next turn red moves up Sgt. Drake, who tries to kill a Viper but misses. Sujoah engages Me-Burq. The Nagrubs take vengeance on the vipers.

End of Round 1:

Round 2:

Red wins initiative. He tries to sneak Sgt. Drake into the water behind Me-Burq. However, Sujoah manuevers around the mounted marro and attacks Drake with Poison Sting Special attack:

And then rolls...a 20.

Sujoah:
Me-Burq:
Sgt. Drake:

Red reluctantly turns over the glyph on Drake's card...Kelda.

In the end, we got our short battle .

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Last edited by bmaczero; July 15th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Very Short Game (Durgeth Swamps)

Sujoah is great for this scenario as you're sure that there will be at least 1 multi-life hero to deal with. The narrowness of the map will make it really hard for a hero to get by if you can get her in the center. I'll have to try this one sometime, it looks like a real fun quick game.
Old January 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

Poor Drake.

Nice idea outlining where the characters were on the map after round 1.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:51 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

To my knowledge it was the blue player who was supposed to get the messenger over to Brandar. (Maybe I've been playing wrong)

Nice way of showing troop positions though.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Awesome! I need to try that scenario!

Boise ID Scaper
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
To my knowledge it was the blue player who was supposed to get the messenger over to Brandar. (Maybe I've been playing wrong)
I changed the colors because I couldn't find the right ones in VS. The player on top is supposed to be navy, and that player must reach the glyph. The other player is brown.

Quote:
Sujoah is great for this scenario as you're sure that there will be at least 1 multi-life hero to deal with. The narrowness of the map will make it really hard for a hero to get by if you can get her in the center. I'll have to try this one sometime, it looks like a real fun quick game.
And the 8 movement points are great for getting out there and blocking the path quickly. Though I give credit to Red for his drafting - Carr could have walked right through such a barrier, and Drake has his grapple gun for getting over it. Even if they run, though, Sujoah being double-spaced she can get right through the swamp pretty easily without stopping.

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports