Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old October 29th, 2017, 01:11 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Preferences for New Fan Fiction II

@TheAverageFan @William099 @Tornado @BiggaBullfrog

I wanted to give you guys an update. If you've been following my posts above, you know that I've been having some issues off and on with 4114 for a while. As I hinted in the last post, these problems have always won out in the end, and they nearly did again.

The root of the problem goes all the way back to The Quest, and some decisions I made when writing it, which changed the way I saw Dan and how his story unfolded. The short version is that I was trying to work off of those ideas - ideas which were never part of Dan's story.

Tonight I went back and actually read the first few chapters of The Quest, the chapters which introduce Dan. I hadn't read those for years, and they refreshed my memory on who he was when I wrote him. Reading those chapters also purged the problems which had been plaguing me for so long.

I have a new theme. The proper theme. And now, finally, the theme goes with the story. And as an added bonus, converting it to a series couldn't have been easier - it was basically already there.

So - we are back in business! 4114 is scraped, and the very first iteration of Dan's story - the one I had in mind when I wrote The Quest - is back in its place. This story will not be called 4114. I do not yet have a title for it.

As always, watch my sig for updates.

~TGRF.

P.S. I did get part way into writing 4114 at one point. While the story went downhill abruptly and had to be scrapped, everything up to that point was turning out well. Once I am absolutely sure it will be nothing like this new version, I will post it. You deserve to see what was taking so long.
Old October 29th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice, good to hear you found tour direction.

I have been reading old notes about my RPG and that is always interesting to get back to that perspective.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Phase 1 of the still-unnamed story of Dan is now complete. I have also created the second phase of my process, and am now ready to test it out for the first time. Now that I am past phase 1, the core of the tale is defined. Progress should be relatively fast.

Phase 2 is character creation. After that comes the main plot, then I deal with subplots. At that point the structure should be defined, allowing me to create individual stories with relative ease and speed. Early projections suggest there could be four books. 50/50. No guarantees. There will be either four or three.

~TGRF, excited to finally do this.
Old November 4th, 2017, 10:04 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Development for 4114 is moving along nicely. I think I finally have the right setting.

I've decided to briefly pause the development so that I can create the core for my novels. I need to do this because they are fantasy novels. It's a good idea to spend a long time just playing in your fantasy world before you write the story, and without the core, I don't have that world yet. So I'm going to create the core, create the world, and then get back to 4114.
This is why writing about games we love, like heroscape and, in my case, Mount and Blade, is so effective. Your inside a world which you enjoy.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very REH of you. Howard developed the history of Conan's world going back eons (to the times of Atlantis and King Kull). Nothing too ridiculous but enough to create continuity and depth, legends and myths.

He laid out the basics for the lands and then let Conan stomp around in them, though sometimes he said it was as if Conan was there telling the tale to him.

I would actually be really interested in reading the history of your world.
Old November 4th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Development for 4114 is moving along nicely. I think I finally have the right setting.

I've decided to briefly pause the development so that I can create the core for my novels. I need to do this because they are fantasy novels. It's a good idea to spend a long time just playing in your fantasy world before you write the story, and without the core, I don't have that world yet. So I'm going to create the core, create the world, and then get back to 4114.
This is why writing about games we love, like heroscape and, in my case, Mount and Blade, is so effective. Your inside a world which you enjoy.
It's more than that, too. In this case you know the world, and how it works. You don't need to even show it. If you know how something works, it will come across naturally in your writing, and things will seem more realistic for it. This applies to everything, from world to plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very REH of you. Howard developed the history of Conan's world going back eons (to the times of Atlantis and King Kull). Nothing too ridiculous but enough to create continuity and depth, legends and myths.

He laid out the basics for the lands and then let Conan stomp around in them, though sometimes he said it was as if Conan was there telling the tale to him.

I would actually be really interested in reading the history of your world.
Well, since it is the world of a novel, you will have to wait until the first novel is published. Plus, I do not have the history yet.

I originally thought that I would be super interested in my novels, and could sit back and make the world as I developed my Fan Fictions. That's before all that interest went to this fan fiction. I love designing things, and I designed part of Dan's world and set it as my desktop. Now I get excited to write the story every time I turn on the monitor.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: I've briefly switched back to my novels. I am redoing the first phase (the theme). In light of recent events, a clearer interpretation of the theme has come to me, and while it is still technically the same theme, it alters the series quite a bit. I would like to get through at least part of phase 1 before going back to Dan.

Last edited by TGRF; November 6th, 2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old January 31st, 2018, 02:03 PM

For anyone interested, I've decided to stop posting updates on my fan fiction status here, and am instead using my blog to do so. You can follow everything there.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction