Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Chuckrock just scored some wave six for us in Houston! I already had a set, but more is welcome.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
I have the solution.

After it becomes clear that there is an overstock, Hasbro pulls the inventory back in. Then they send out the current release and store the overstock in their dark recesses. In between new releases, they send out the overstock.

This would boost sales by-
1) Having short waits for current releases so all of our compulsive buying can be satisfied before reason kicks in and,
2) Re-releases older waves so there is not the Wave1 and Wave4 gnashing of teeth

I humbly accept your praise and small ding dongs. :P

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
OMG! I can't stand it any more!

If Grungebob is a small ding dong, does that make truth King Ding Dong?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sick and tired of the hunt for wave 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
It's the only perk of being a mod man. Let him have it. Your chance will come. Prepare and be ready to strike. GB is a moody sponge, but he does try and be fair. Just be glad you can come to the board post, have a little fun, and don't have to deal with moving threads, banning people, deleting spam, watching all conversations (even ones that you have no interest in). It's a thankless job and a poke here and there is nothing to get upset about.
Hello Bad Calvin,

As always, you are the rare voice of reason on this board.

I just get bloody annoyed when those who are suppose to enforce the rules do not feel compelled to live by those same rules, or they selectively enforce them.

(.....putting away the rifle....coming down off the roof.....)

Thanks,
Cigarman
Lighten up man. If we were so draconian you would not even be here. Have fun talk scape and keep it light. These heavy PMS ridden posts are for the birds.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
OMG! I can't stand it any more!

If Grungebob is a small ding dong, does that make truth King Ding Dong?

I want that shirt. I am not willing to spend the night though. heh

I stopped by a couple places today... still just nakitas.
If I see anything I will let you all know.
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog
But is it helping your local community as much as it's helping...say..the Chinese army?
that would be an awesome sig

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
To jcb231

You're using a hospitality policy to manipulate store inventory for your own gain. Walmart spends manpower to restock and process your returns. I am no fan of walmart but nobody should swindle others like you have. It is the wages walmart is paying its employees to restock and prosess you returns that is the issue.
there is nothing wrong with that, you also have to think of all the stuff that gets thrown around,moved to different isles,broke items, the employees have to hunt around the store for it and restock it anyway.at least with a return the item was paid for at least once.

oh yeah, i also have an extra set of wave 6 heroes PM with an offer or trade or ill return them to walmart.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Volaticus has disabled reputation
I agree with the O.P.

I rather support the local stores.

Here is my reason why. If they have a demand they will always have a supply. I do not shop online. Its my preference.

Wouldnt it be nice to walk in to WM, TRU or any stores like it and see a large collection to chose from and more importantly if they have a sale it means more sets I can buy. Now I have a career and I make money but I also have rent and lots of bills I keep focused on paying. On top of all that I have a GF that I spend a good percentage of my money on. So the more money I can save the better.

Now some might say the real scapers beat me, but I consider myself a real scaper. Just one that has a GF.
Now I could ditch the GF in trade to become a "real scaper", but that honestly is not a good trade. Dont you think?

"The Love Of One Country Leads To The Hate Of Another."-Aliyaho Pierce
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
To jcb231

You're using a hospitality policy to manipulate store inventory for your own gain. Walmart spends manpower to restock and process your returns. I am no fan of walmart but nobody should swindle others like you have. It is the wages walmart is paying its employees to restock and prosess you returns that is the issue.
Agree to disagree then.

My final thoughts....of course I'm manipulating store inventory for my own gain. But I don't think I'm doing it in some dishonest manner like fixing books or making fake receipts. I'm open about doing it and I am hiding nothing. The return policy of stores like Wal-Mart and Target is a tool for the benefit of the consumer and I am using it as such. I don't think "manipulate" automatically has to carry a negative connotation.
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Quote:
To jcb231

there is nothing wrong with that, you also have to think of all the stuff that gets thrown around,moved to different isles,broke items, the employees have to hunt around the store for it and restock it anyway.at least with a return the item was paid for at least once.

oh yeah, i also have an extra set of wave 6 heroes PM with an offer or trade or ill return them to walmart.
It's times like this when I wish my parents would let me trade.

FINISH HIM!
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Startoker has disabled reputation
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I can really identify with the title of this thread. Where is wave six? If Hasbro was smart enough to package commons separately from uniques and do some market forecasting shelves would not be flooded with Nikitas and maybe we'd have some wave six stock. Personally I think they are holding out so they can sell at the increased prices they get in the Hasbro Toy Shop. I think that when I finally am able to buy wave six from a retailer I'm just going to quit buying HS. I have everything plus a load of MSs and all of the exclusives. All I really want is the balance I could get for the Einars that would come with flight capabilities. After that I think I might be through. This hunt for wave six has burned up a lot of gas and my patience to boot.
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Corundum has disabled reputation
Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startoker
I can really identify with the title of this thread. Where is wave six? If Hasbro was smart enough to package commons separately from uniques and do some market forecasting shelves would not be flooded with Nikitas and maybe we'd have some wave six stock. Personally I think they are holding out so they can sell at the increased prices they get in the Hasbro Toy Shop. I think that when I finally am able to buy wave six from a retailer I'm just going to quit buying HS. I have everything plus a load of MSs and all of the exclusives. All I really want is the balance I could get for the Einars that would come with flight capabilities. After that I think I might be through. This hunt for wave six has burned up a lot of gas and my patience to boot.
I feel the same way, and I am making customs to boot. We actually play with our customs and repaints. This is the same reason I did not watch LOST last night they messed up my momentum. Bad planning.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion