Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 7th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
RE: I'm not a regular reader of classic universe Spider-Man, but I do seem to recall that the various Goblin characters have varied in appearance a little bit over the years. Perhaps Hasbro is basing this Goblin on whatever the next appearance will be, or perhaps there has been some recent appearance that looks a little bulkier than the "classic" purple/green tights version? I know Marvel provides sketches and guidebooks for the licenses....perhaps the next appearance of the Goblin will vary slightly in appearance from his last one, or perhaps they want the character to be portrayed a certain way. Or perhaps Marvel wants to tie into the upcoming movie a little bit by blending the looks. Who's to say. I don't know that figure is the Goblin at all, but if it is I see no reason why the game couldn't use whatever version Hasbro and Marvel want. I imagine this game will use a lot of "blended" versions if it goes on....there are about five hundred Wolverine looks to choose from alone.

I haven't read too many past the 1970 range. However, I know a lot of Comic Books hardcore fans, and I can tell you that mixing together continuities will **** off the hardcore comics fanbase.

Yes the Goblin has changed a little over the years, but he looks nothing like the Movie Version. Ultimate Version? The Ultimate version is a hulkish fire shooting beast who doesn't even ride a glider. The only one he barely resembles is the 616 version, but even then he's wearing nothing that looks like any Green Goblin costume I've seen (His third costume still sported the hat, which I don't see on this figure)

Harry Osborn doesn't even become the new Green Goblin in Spider Man 3. His new costume is a black outfit riding a hoverskateboard, and his overall design and character is more of a hodgepodge of the various Goblins, including the Hobgoblins. And if Marvelscape were in some way trying to help cash in on Spider-Man 3, why not make a spliced Venom too (Seeing as Venom will be different in the films compared to the comics as well).

I'm just highly skeptical of the idea that he's the Green Goblin in that pick. IMO it's a poor design if it is (boring look that doesn't capture his character, just by his posture). It's hard to tell but he *might* be holding a Melee weapon, which also doesn't fit, and last but not least the figures are all grouped together rather suspiciously, so I don't know why a future product to a game that hasn't even been released yet would be sitting on the shelf mixed in with what looks like a future wave.
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
ok, this is obviously a demon wearing no panties. Purposefully, pulling his/her sheepskin out of the way, to expose the genitalia. The only possible outcome I could see from this figure would be.

Panty Raid
Special Attack

When adjacent to any figure wearing panties, roll Utgar Valkarie dice. For every valkarie symbol that comes up. Take off one article of clothing.

Streaker
When moving before attacking, you may take 2 additional movement spaces, if two or more characters are watching you move.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:18 AM

Volaticus has disabled reputation
Okay im going to try my hand at this.

The figures on the left and towards the back of the bunch do look colonial. Even the items in their hands look like more muzzle loaded rifles. To be honest I would put my money on them being Green mountain boys. The clothing colors also match that of the time and the hat styles fit perfectly. They were the most valuable guerrillas group in the American Revolutionary War. We all know that the 4th Mass line stands out on the battle feild. Maybe they are rounding out different unit themes.

The figure on the far right and to the back is definately green goblin. Look if there are going to be Marvel themed sets then you are going to need villians and heros and ainti heroes and anti villians. With spiderman in the first Marvels legends set I would EXPECT green goblin and other arch villians soon to follow.

Anyways I would go on with my geekish speculation, but the ole lady wants my attention. Ill come back to this thread later with my other speculations.

"The Love Of One Country Leads To The Hate Of Another."-Aliyaho Pierce
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:58 AM

theats has disabled reputation
i think those spearmen could be greek hoplites. look closely to the ridge on top of the helmet.

Theophilus.
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM

theats has disabled reputation
next time get craig to take a higher resolution picture.

Theophilus.
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:30 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaticus

The figures on the left and towards the back of the bunch do look colonial. Even the items in their hands look like more muzzle loaded rifles. To be honest I would put my money on them being Green mountain boys. The clothing colors also match that of the time and the hat styles fit perfectly. They were the most valuable guerrillas group in the American Revolutionary War. We all know that the 4th Mass line stands out on the battle feild. Maybe they are rounding out different unit themes.

The figure on the far right and to the back is definately green goblin. Look if there are going to be Marvel themed sets then you are going to need villians and heros and ainti heroes and anti villians. With spiderman in the first Marvels legends set I would EXPECT green goblin and other arch villians soon to follow.

Anyways I would go on with my geekish speculation, but the ole lady wants my attention. Ill come back to this thread later with my other speculations.
OI! you have my old avi!

Any how, I think the fig that has been long desciribed as the GG, it's mostlikly the silver surfer from Marvel heroscape.

FINISH HIM!
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaticus

OI! you have my old avi!

Any how, I think the fig that has been long desciribed as the GG, it's mostlikly the silver surfer from Marvel heroscape.

Its not the silver surfer, Im tellin ya. The reason people switched to green golbin was because I posted a picture of the silver surfer, and the proportions, pose and colour is all wrong. Its hard to see what it *IS* but its easy to tell what it isn't.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
My five-year-old son insists that Krug IS the Green Goblin...
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Here are my worthless opinions...

Craig sent that picture on purpose and is laughing every day at this thread.

The guy on the surfboard looks more like the green and white Captain Marvel than any of the characters mentioned so far...

The guy in the back is not Captain Marvel.

These are wave 7 figures.

We'll see them in Toy Fair pics soon enough.

There is no wave 6.5.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
...need one of those machines Deckard used to amplify photo clarity and zoom in Blade Runner...

"Enhance right. Zoom in on Silver Goblin type character. Print. Give me a hard copy."
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
...need one of those machines Deckard used to amplify photo clarity and zoom in Blade Runner...

"Enhance right. Zoom in on Silver Goblin type character. Print. Give me a hard copy."
Yeah, but then I'd dream of electric sheep.
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

Yeah, but then I'd dream of electric sheep.
Time to retire you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion