Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Eastern PA Scapers Tournament: Showdown in Jersey Sept. 6th

The EASTERN PA SCAPERS group will be hosting their 2nd tournament on September 6th. All are welcome to attend. Please contact me if you plan to attend, while we certainly would be happy if you just show up, we would hate for people to have to sit out if we do not have enough maps for everyone to play on, so if you want to come, please notify me.

Location: It will take place Lawrenceville NJ. Please send a pm to either myself or to owvanguard for exact location.

Time: Set up and check in will begin at 12 pm and the tourny will go from 1pm to 8pm

Army size: 520 points, 24 hex start zones will be used. Any pieces over 24 and you will have to lose them (i.e. if you have 26 you will have to give up 2 to fit the limit).

Maps from the Battlefields of Valhalla and who is building them:
Arctic Divide: Jakall
Embattled Fen: Einar's Puppy
Ember Canyon Road: Owvanguard
Fire Isles: Tom
Flash Fire: Tom
Highways and Dieways: Shades fan
Hot Heights: Owvanguard
Ice Blossom: Owvanguard
Marr Highway: Peteparkerh
Mole Hills: Peteparkerh
Road Rampage: Spidysox
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh: Spidysox
Swamp Thing: Taeblewalker
The Broken Skyline: Taeblewalker
Turret Rocks: The Napper
Badru Valley: Jakall
Ticalla Sunrise: Tom
Stroll Through the Park: ShadesFan

No Glyphs will be used

It looks like we are going to need some volunteers to build some maps. Please let me know if you are willing to do this.

Army specifics: This will be a general specific tournament for your army (all Jandar, all Einar etc...). No Marvel, customs or proxies please. The Aquilla units will be allowed to be played as mercenaries.

Tournament Specifics: This event will consist of 5 rounds using the swiss scoring system.
Scoring System Specifics: We will be using fractional scoring for both squads and hero's.
An example of fractional scoring for squads: 1 squad of Minions of Utgar = 110 points. Your opponent has killed one of the minions leaving you with 2 at games end. 110/3 = 36.6 pts per minion. 36.6 points x 2 remaining minions = 73.2 points. Round to the nearest 1's and you get 73 points remaining. 110-73=37 therefore your opponent gains 37 points. (sorry if it is confusing)
An example of fractional scoring for hero's: This will work exactly the same except you are dividing the number of life points that a hero has into his point value instead of number of units remaining. ex. You have Zelrig who is 185 points. 185/6 life = 30.6 points per life. Zelrig has 2 life left. 30.8 x 2 = 61.6 round to the nearest 1's and you have 62 points remaining. 185-62=123. Therefore your opponent get's 123 points for the wounds that he has inflicted on Zelrig.
Standings will be determined first by win/loss record.
Total "kill points" will be the first tie breaker.
Strength of schedule will be the second tie breaker.
Rounds will be 50 minutes long
Depending on time and everyone's desire, we could add rounds and go longer, or just play some fun games.

Please bring your own dice, order markers and wound markers.

This is going to be a NERV event. So after the tournament your results will be put into the NERV rankings.

Entry Fee: Each person attending should please bring a prize for the prize table (a wave booster pack would make a great prize), we would like every player to go home with a prize.

Food: Bring $5 to pitch in for Pizza or some other food.

List of those who are coming:
1. peteparkerh
2. spidysox
3. The napper
4. owvanguard
5. owvanguard's son
6. onacara
7. onacara son 1
8. onacara son 2
9. jakall
10. civil war dude
11. Major/Flint
12. clancampbell
13. Eckels
14. Cargille1
15. Cargille2
16. omgitsjihad
17. Shades fan
18. Tom
19. Clan Campbell's Friend George
20. omgitsjihad friend 1
21. omgitsjihad friend 2
22. omgitsjihad friend 3
23. Tom friend 1
24. Tom friend 2
25. Taeblewalker
26. Kathy
27. Einar's Puppy
28. Whitman
29. Eckels Friend 1
30. Eckels Friend 2
31. Eckels Friend 3
32. Eckels Friend 4
33. Georgie

Probable/"Pretty sure"
1. Menchy
2. NoxiousGhoul

Possible attendees:
1. Huntsicker
2. Gomolka
3. Darkpilgrim
4. Darkpilgrim's son

If you are interested in playing please feel free to pm me or to just post it here on this thread. Please be sure and let me know if you want to play, so we can make the necessary arrangements for amount of maps etc...
I know that there is probably a lot that I have left out, please ask any questions that you may have and I will try to answer them as best as I can.
Hopefully this event will not conflict with the East vs. West tournament that may happen in September. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for looking. I hope some of you can make it out.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Last edited by spidysox; September 3rd, 2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: updating
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Eastern PA Scapers Tournament: Sept. 6th

can i get an exact address or city center address so i can judge drive time to determine wether or not my group can make it?
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Lawrenceville would make it that me and my boys can go as it is almost an hour closer to home.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
can i get an exact address or city center address so i can judge drive time to determine wether or not my group can make it?
From city center to city center it is 6 hours and 45 minutes from Sheffield Lake to Reading and almost 8 hours to Lawrenceville, NJ
Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
From city center to city center it is 6 hours and 45 minutes from Sheffield Lake to Reading and almost 8 hours to Lawrenceville, NJ
Thanks for answering that Onacara .

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Thanks for answering that Onacara .
Well I was in mapquest checking for myself so it was no big deal.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM

Jakall is surprisingly tart

Sound great! Civil War Dude (my son) and I should be able to make it unless he has baseball games or rehearsals that day. We probably won't know for sure until the middle of August.

Reading would certainly be easier for us, but we would probably still try to make it to New Jersey.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakall View Post
Sound great! Civil War Dude (my son) and I should be able to make it unless he has baseball games or rehearsals that day. We probably won't know for sure until the middle of August.

Reading would certainly be easier for us, but we would probably still try to make it to New Jersey.
Civil War Dude can only come if he promises not to whip me again .

Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:56 PM

ariealaviator is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My schedule looks promising for this tourney. By then I will have my Drivers license and since its on a Saturday my soccer practice should be over early. Would you mind PMing the reading location (I won't be able to go to Jersey)

It's back and stronger than ever. Check out my Einar vs. Utgar Chapter 2
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariealaviator View Post
My schedule looks promising for this tourney. By then I will have my Drivers license and since its on a Saturday my soccer practice should be over early. Would you mind PMing the reading location (I won't be able to go to Jersey)
I'll be sure and send you the Reading location should that be where the tourny is at. Check our regular Eastern PA thread in the meet other scapers section for updates on our regular meeting time (we should be meeting again in August)

Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM

Civil War Dude Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

I hope I can come to the tournament. As for whipping you, I have been working on some new armies .…you're on!

wave 8 and 8.5 rock, go Zelrig!
Old June 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil War Dude View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I hope I can come to the tournament. As for whipping you, I have been working on some new armies .…you're on!
Please go easy on me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events