Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: World of warcraft minis game.

So, apparently the Deluxe Edition has been accidentally released in Australia so a few reports are coming in and not particularly glowing. The maps aren't great in quality (definitely sounds like the existing maps; snow, sand, and forest, right?). Apparently though the box itself is really nice for storing figures. I'll definitely still pick it up if only for the nicer tokens than I could print myself and a few extra Ubases, though the idea of getting full sets of dice is suddenly a lot less exciting.

I've heard good things about using Battlelore's map for this, which is really tempting. I was dead set on this track when I heard about the Epic: Battlelore expansion ($15 for just the board essentially), but then I learned there aren't any terrain tiles for it, which nixed that idea pretty quickly.
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM

webhead817 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Plus, each box will contain a sample of the popular Loot cards from the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game!

This might be the saving grace of the product...Loots are around 5, 40, 200 on ebay depending on the one you pull...you have at least a chance of getting this "for free" based on the loot you pull.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead817 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Plus, each box will contain a sample of the popular Loot cards from the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game!

This might be the saving grace of the product...Loots are around 5, 40, 200 on ebay depending on the one you pull...you have at least a chance of getting this "for free" based on the loot you pull.
Supply and demand though. If that cranks the amount of cards out there, you can expect the price to plummet. Owned! has already dropped pretty noticeably, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bearons to follow.
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Bearon has already dropped to well below $200 in an auction. You do still have those “buy it now” for about $180 but for every one of those that does sell there are 2 that close without selling. Mine went for $130 in a 7 day auction.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM

webhead817 Woo who?

Absolutely...but I don't see the bottom falling out either. To be sure, to sell loots sooner rather than later will probably be best, but there are still "11 million" players out there ostensibly looking for the stuff.

Old December 5th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Hey, 100 bucks is still pretty darn good for a lousy trading card. I mean, the mount is cool, but that's the ultimate flaw with the fancier loot cards: Why toss away a hundred dollars or more for a pretty, cosmetic upgrade for your WoW character, whom you still pay fifteen dollars a month just to play around on? If the cards were nearly worthless I'd use them without fear, but so long as I can get at least fifty bucks for a loot card I'd much rather have real-life cash and buy something nice... like more minis! Or an X-Box 360.
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

Hell yea. Those loot cards bascially paid for my entire collection of WoW TCG cards. So i'm playing the TCG for free. And I still have boxes and boxes of cards. Also, help pay for my Mini's. I'm still in the hole so far, but I may pull a diamond in the rough with the deluxe starters.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Deluxe Sets are out today! Unfortunately, my Gamestop doesn't have them (but my FLGS does, go figure). I can't go to the game store til this weekend but I'll let you know then.

Check out the news report on the official site. The box contains either no epics or two epics, one for each faction if you are so lucky! The double-sided Ashenvale, Tanaris, or Winterspring map will have terrain tiles that you can use to customize the blank side.

I hope when I go there I'll find an opponent or two.
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Just got my deluxe set in the mail. The board is nice seeing as I only had the one in the regular starter, the tokens while nicely produced, are somewhat lacking, that and since they're all double-sided you're aren't able to use them to represent multiple powers, for example; the voidwalker and the strength of the earth are on the same token, so you only have one or the other. Also several powers are still missing their tokens (so if you printed out that set on from the main site you're still going to need some of those.) Also the bases and dice match the factions included (which, unfortunately for me one of was the horde, who also make up 4 of the 6 boosters I have...)
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM

webhead817 Woo who?

For those that got the Deluxe set, if you DID NOT get the loot card in your pack, make sure to see the official site for a redemption program they are having...apparently there was a little whoopsie somewhere along the line with that whole deal.

Old December 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, long time no see.

I am thinking about purchasing this game. I have not seen too many reviews in this thread though. I would just like to here some overall impressions from some of you if you wouldn't mind, before I invest in it.

Also....

1. I have downloaded the demo so I can try it out but then realized that you have to have 10 sided dice, which I don't. How many dice does the demo require?

2. I realize that the scale of the minis are not compatible with the HS minis BUT I was wondering if the WoW minis fit on the HS terrain tiles? In other words can you used HS tiles to make WoW maps or are the tiles too small for the WoW minis?

3. Last of all, assuming that the game is fun and worth it, I thought that it would be cool to come up with some WoW character and ability bar cards for our beloved HS minis. I though it might be fun to use the HS minis and tiles but use WoW game play and rules. Has anyone tried this? And does anyone know of any blank WoW card templets that could be used for this?

Thanks guys.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM

malaspina is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The Ubases were much to cumbersome for me visually, and they are very badly fitting, so no problem using Heroscape markers for health, and a D10 for time, although I will make a simple dial for the tick count soon.

Scalpel and hot glue gun have been deployed, and my first WOW minis are on lipped round 40mm wargame bases, which works fine on Heroscape tiles, they just fit on the road bridge, have yet to decide on how to designate wood hexes.

I do like the action bar i, looks like a really good runner for a Heroscape mod .

Its all a bit much at present as I am still intergrating Songs of Blades and Heroes into Heroscape terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures