Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 28th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Morgan's Riflemen

The Book of Morgan's Riflemen

C3V - Wave 8 (Wave 21) Curse of Stormtorn Peak - Boars and Bluecoats

PDF DOWNLOAD

The figures used for this unit are Scenearama miniatures from the Revolutionary War set.

Character Bio: Jandar has summoned the elite fighting force known as Morgan's Riflemen from the battlefields of the American Revolution. Armed with grooved rifles that give them superior accuracy, even while firing on the run, these valiant revolutionaries wreak havoc on their enemies.

Quote:
HIT AND RUN
After taking a turn with Morgan's Riflemen, if none of the Morgan's Riflemen moved this turn, you may move each Morgan's Riflemen you control up to 5 spaces.

VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
If every Army Card you control has a valiant personality, each Morgan's Rifleman receives 1 additional defense die.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Valiant and Non-Valiant Units
    If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can Morgan's Riflemen use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
    Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)
  • VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With the Airborne Elite
    Do Morgan's Riflemen receive the Valiant Army Defense Bonus if I only have Valiant units in play but have not used “The Drop” to bring in the Airborne Elite?
    Yes. Even though the Airborne Elite is part of your army and has a Disciplined personality, they do not disrupt the Valiant Army Defense Bonus until you activate “The Drop” and they are in play. (dnutt99)
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
As soldiers, Morgan's Riflemen can benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
As soldiers, Morgan's Riflemen may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT attack bonus.

- CAPT. JOHN VARAN : Purple Heart
As Humans who follows Jandar, Morgan's Riflemen can have their wounds absorbed by Capt. Varan.

- SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
As a Squad that follows Jandar, Morgan's Riflemen figures may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.

- VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Valiant Personality Units
Having an army in play composed of only these units, will enable Morgan's Riflemen to benefit from the VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS:

4th Massachusetts Line
Acolarh
Alastair MacDirk
Chardris
Charos
Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Finn the Viking Champion
Haduc
Jorhdawn
Kyntela Gwyn
Knights of Weston
Locksley
Myrddin
Sir Orrick
Samuel Brown
Sgt. Drake Alexander
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM)
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
Sentinels of Jandar
Sir Denrick
Sir Dupuis
Sir Gilbert
Templar Cavalry
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Ulfrid Hornwrangler

Synergy Benefits Offered:
  • SIR ORRICK : A Brother's Call
    As Human's who follows Jandar, if engaged, Morgan's Riflemen may aid Sir Orrick's movement with his A BROTHER'S CALL ability.
  • 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Valiant personality, Morgan's Riflemen can aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their Valiant Army Defense Bonus.
  • EBON ARMOR : Animated Materiel & Eternal War
    As Unique Humans, a destroyed Ebon Armor you control may be placed on the Army Card of Morgan's Riflemen to replace a Morgan's Riflemen upon it's destruction.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
- TBA

Last edited by Leaf_It; June 18th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old September 29th, 2019, 03:26 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Morgan's Riflemen

Morgan's Riflemen also benefit from Capt. John Varan's Purple Heart, and offer benefits to 4th Massachusetts Line (Valiant Army Defense Bonus), Ebon Armor (Animated Materiel & Eternal War), and Sir Orrick (A Brother's Call).

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old September 29th, 2019, 05:00 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
Morgan's Riflemen also benefit from Capt. John Varan's Purple Heart, and offer benefits to 4th Massachusetts Line (Valiant Army Defense Bonus), Ebon Armor (Animated Materiel & Eternal War), and Sir Orrick (A Brother's Call).
Added.
Old June 16th, 2021, 09:53 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

The text transcript differs from the card in a few ways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
HIT AND RUN << boldfaced by convention
After taking a turn with Morgan's Riflemen, if none of the Morgan's Riflemen moved this turn, you may move each Morgan's Riflemen figure you control up to 5 spaces.

VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS << boldfaced by convention
If every Army Card you control has a valiant personality, each Morgan's Riflemen Rifleman receives 1 additional defense die.
However, turning the focus here to the army card itself, based on existing precedents I don't believe HIT AND RUN is using a proper Heroscape wording convention. Instead of the awkward "each Morgan's Riflemen figure" it should just be "each Morgan's Rifleman." This both reads more naturally and respects the normal "change the plural to its singular form" rule used on countless units (even cards where the collective term is non-standard: WolvesWolf, SpearmenSpearman, TribeTribesman). And actually the second special ability on this very card provides the perfect example, since it is already correctly using "each Morgan's Rifleman" without needing the word figure.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 18th, 2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
The text transcript differs from the card in a few ways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
HIT AND RUN << boldfaced by convention
After taking a turn with Morgan's Riflemen, if none of the Morgan's Riflemen moved this turn, you may move each Morgan's Riflemen figure you control up to 5 spaces.

VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS << boldfaced by convention
If every Army Card you control has a valiant personality, each Morgan's Riflemen Rifleman receives 1 additional defense die.
However, turning the focus here to the army card itself, based on existing precedents I don't believe HIT AND RUN is using a proper Heroscape wording convention. Instead of the awkward "each Morgan's Riflemen figure" it should just be "each Morgan's Rifleman." This both reads more naturally and respects the normal "change the plural to its singular form" rule used on countless units (even cards where the collective term is non-standard: WolvesWolf, SpearmenSpearman, TribeTribesman). And actually the second special ability on this very card provides the perfect example, since it is already correctly using "each Morgan's Rifleman" without needing the word figure.
I have fixed the typo, and bolded the names.
Old August 29th, 2021, 05:10 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fun fact: These guys are Unique, not common. I had a mess of these ready for game day (proxies) when brandonwiker pointed out they were Unique. I was stoked to move the whole army every turn, but I was wrong.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 29th, 2021, 07:29 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Fun fact: These guys are Unique, not common. I had a mess of these ready for game day (proxies) when brandonwiker pointed out they were Unique. I was stoked to move the whole army every turn, but I was wrong.
As I recall, Hit and Run was a very tricky power to word and to balance. It would've been even trickier if these guys had been common, so it's lucky that was never the plan for this unit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs