Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 15th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Hasbro crowd funding - could Heroscape be reprinted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
I woul be concerned about seing hasbro continue heroscape. If they just reprint the existing content, it will be really cool. But if they release new expension, it will certainly not be compatible with C3V and SoV, and with the great job you did on those custom, I don't want to see all that job throw away.
Thanks, Zeldarck. That's high praise, and I don't take it lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Only think I'd be interested in if they brought it back would be more terrain.
Yup. And not even for me; I have what I need. Just so people can get into the hobby.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2021, 11:27 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Although I wouldn't argue if Wave 9 went down in price some due to reprinting

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 15th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd never say No to more Heroscape, be it new official content or reprints. Though I don't know where the whole price-of-plastic thing is right now; it'd need to be in a good place for a game so heavy in pre-painted minis as Heroscape.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 15th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Although I wouldn't argue if Wave 9 went down in price some due to reprinting
That’s a good point. Reprints would be cool.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2021, 02:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The terrain patents expired, but they did renew the Heroscape trademark:
Quote:
USD532832
USD536390S1
USD536391S1
USD536392S1
US29/212,021
US29/260,198
US10/925,513
D536,391
D536,392
So although Hasbro could reprint Heroscape sets or come up with new sets, ANYONE can make compatible terrain. However Megablox and others make Lego compatible bricks, but that doesn't stop Lego from being the leader in bricks and minifigs, so still incentive for Hasbro to make, and they still have the molds as well.

I think there is a demand for it, but rather than Haslab making it, I would rather see Restoration Games (Rob Daviau), Soaring Rhino (Craig Van Ness), and/or PlaidHat (Truth/Colby Dauch) make a "Heroscape 2.0" even without the Heroscape trademark but using Heroscape terrain, as they will pay more attention to the game and make it better than Hasbro would as just a cash grab.
Old June 15th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm on the record that I would definitely buy some new terrain, especially if they did cool thematic stuff with it (underwater terrain, sci-fi terrain, buildings, etc.).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 22nd, 2021, 02:50 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm on the record that I would definitely buy some new terrain, especially if they did cool thematic stuff with it (underwater terrain, sci-fi terrain, buildings, etc.).
Sci-fi terrain would be awesome...even a couple of hexagonal buildings would be awesome and I would buy into those.

Not sure about the underwater terrain...not sure I can hold my breath long enough to play a game of Heroscape...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 22nd, 2021 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Ohhh...That's not what you meant by underwater terrain!
Old May 16th, 2022, 08:55 AM

AwesomeAustin527 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
If nothing else, it's a good litmus test for how many people are indeed still interested in the game. If X amount of people fund the "kickstarter" that might let Hasbro know there's a market - either to reboot the game themselves or sell the license off.
If they at least sold the license to heroscape I could see a resurgence as either some random rich heroscaper or some other company buys it up. The license to the copyright is a better path than convincing hasbro to reprint.
Old June 26th, 2022, 09:15 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAustin527 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
If nothing else, it's a good litmus test for how many people are indeed still interested in the game. If X amount of people fund the "kickstarter" that might let Hasbro know there's a market - either to reboot the game themselves or sell the license off.
If they at least sold the license to heroscape I could see a resurgence as either some random rich heroscaper or some other company buys it up. The license to the copyright is a better path than convincing hasbro to reprint.
When I was a kid the main barrier to getting into scape was the cost. It didn't stop me and my brothers just because we were so into it. If we want to see a resurgence in heroscape it's going to have to appeal to a larger portion of the youngsters.

Trouble is we're competing with other similar games like Warhammer which is growing in popularity. I see two ways forward (and my information is limited so help me out if you think I'm wrorng). One is wait out warhammer to see if it's popularity falls off. The second is to bring scape back with a compatible version that's less expensive. EG, you would have simple plastic figurines like the MTG board game that came out which was exactly like scape AND premium figurines, both playable, both compatible. One cheaper, the other collectible like classic scape.

Of course, this all pressuposes someone getting ahold of the license or Hasbro adopting the strategy for themselves.

Thoughts?

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 26th, 2022, 09:17 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think if they brought it back, it wouldn't be as a mass market game. It'd be as a Kickstarter like the Heroquest reprint. And they'd be appealing to people your age and up with money and selling a bloated package of things for hundreds of dollars a pop.

The gaming industry has really transformed into a niche marketing and money up front deal.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 26th, 2022, 06:49 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I think if they brought it back, it wouldn't be as a mass market game. It'd be as a Kickstarter like the Heroquest reprint. And they'd be appealing to people your age and up with money and selling a bloated package of things for hundreds of dollars a pop.

The gaming industry has really transformed into a niche marketing and money up front deal.
Hmm, I'm in my late 20s and don't exactly have anyone to play with out here in Maryland (that I know of). Another issue is that the avid scapers might be too spread out...?

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 26th, 2022, 06:50 PM

That’s what Cons are for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News