Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 15th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo-Tell View Post
Hi guys,
I've been following this thread for a while. Thank you very much for all your effort. I've tried to print some models but some reason Cura automatically scales them up 10000 times . I have no idea why this happens. Could you tell me the correct scale?
I've to say I'm a complete beginner in the 3D printing world so I'm having a lot of issues with my Ender 3.
Also, I think it'd be useful to have an alternative version of each model with the supports already implemented for FDM and resin printing. What do you think?
Thanks.
Welcome to Heroscapers!

The scale is 2540 on the Ender 3. (The models are all in inches, so 25.4 mm per inch * 100 for some reason.)

Most of the time I add my supports in CURA, so that would mean uploading the g-code which would be Ender 3 specific. Sometimes, for ease of removal, I'll make my own tree supports. If I do that, I'll try to add those files as well. I stopped uploading models with supports because TREX was just removing my supports anyways. I can't promise anything though--higher resolution models are higher priority right now.

3D printing can be daunting at first. If you are having issues, feel free to PM me or post here and I can help you work through them.
Old October 15th, 2019, 05:48 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Hi guys,
I've been following this thread for a while. Thank you very much for all your effort. I've tried to print some models but some reason Cura automatically scales them up 10000 times . I have no idea why this happens. Could you tell me the correct scale?
I've to say I'm a complete beginner in the 3D printing world so I'm having a lot of issues with my Ender 3.
Also, I think it'd be useful to have an alternative version of each model with the supports already implemented for FDM and resin printing. What do you think?
Thanks.
Welcome to Heroscapers!

The scale is 2540 on the Ender 3. (The models are all in inches, so 25.4 mm per inch * 100 for some reason.)

Most of the time I add my supports in CURA, so that would mean uploading the g-code which would be Ender 3 specific. Sometimes, for ease of removal, I'll make my own tree supports. If I do that, I'll try to add those files as well. I stopped uploading models with supports because TREX was just removing my supports anyways. I can't promise anything though--higher resolution models are higher priority right now.

3D printing can be daunting at first. If you are having issues, feel free to PM me or post here and I can help you work through them.
Thank you for your kind welcome!
I think most of the issues come from the cheap PLA I'm using. I'll probably buy a better one if I can't figure out what's happening.
Right now I'm following this advice: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/
Anyway, has anyone tried printing with a 0.2mm nozzle?
Also, do you plan to add the AOTP models?
Old October 15th, 2019, 06:34 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Anyway, has anyone tried printing with a 0.2mm nozzle?
Also, do you plan to add the AOTP models?
I've only used a .4mm nozzle.

We'll see about the AOTP figures. I have all of them, but I'd like to finish the classic and C3V figures first. Are there any that you really want models for?
Old October 15th, 2019, 06:58 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

I’ve used a 2mm nozzle. Longer print, better detail, easier to clog. Nothing different otherwise
Old October 15th, 2019, 09:02 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
We'll see about the AOTP figures. I have all of them, but I'd like to finish the classic and C3V figures first. Are there any that you really want models for?
Well, sincerely, here in Europe we only got the ROTV set and if you were lucky enough, not my case, the first wave. As importing the rest costs an arm and a leg, I need almost all of them so, no need to hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
I’ve used a 2mm nozzle. Longer print, better detail, easier to clog. Nothing different otherwise
So, not worth the effort? When could you use it?

Just playing around...
Old October 15th, 2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
So miniatures look better with a .2mm nozzle?
Old October 16th, 2019, 07:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Ive heard you can get better quality. My brother has nozzles of all sizes. It does take longer and you may have to tweak settings and such. On a side note, I google searched how to take better pictures of minis and found some cool links to Amazon for a lighted box for very cheap. Instead of making my own I just picked this one up. Im going to 3d print a turntable and place it inside to photograph my painted minis and also to take pictures to make stls. Hope you fellas can utilize this link.
https://www.amazon.com/PULUZ-Portabl.../dp/B072148WM9

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 17th, 2019, 10:20 AM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
I found this interesting video about the topic:

It comes with a new profile too!

Just playing around...
Old October 17th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a little down time at work so I've been seeing what various 3D printing sites can do with some of the files. It's interesting but also seems many of them can't handle either the size of the miniatures or the way they are supported. Shapeways just can't print anything smaller than Gurei-Oni it seems. I did laugh at them when they told me the Fen Hydra would only be able to be done in metal like bronze, brass, etc. Again this was more of an experiment, I will be getting my own 3D printer in the future.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 17th, 2019, 03:12 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Depends on the stl, really. Garbage in, garbage out in some cases. But I was having a problem with a Han Solo I made. The gun walls were too thin, and Cura wouldn’t even slice them properly. Had to use the nozzle for that. And if you get a really high detail stl and you want to see each individual chain link in the armor or something along those lines, the .2mm would be able to print all of the finer details. It probably wouldn’t make much difference printing Benchy or something basic like that.

@Guillermo-Tell I think that answers your question too
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@whiteknight , do you think that light box I purchased and linked above would work well for photographing minis for stls? I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I'm going to see about getting or making a turntable to sit in the bottom, and I'll be setting my camera, or phone up next to it on a tripod. I did this also for photographing the 1000+ miniatures I've painted that I have at my house.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 18th, 2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@whiteknight , do you think that light box I purchased and linked above would work well for photographing minis for stls? I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I'm going to see about getting or making a turntable to sit in the bottom, and I'll be setting my camera, or phone up next to it on a tripod. I did this also for photographing the 1000+ miniatures I've painted that I have at my house.
It should work. It uses LEDs similar to mine, and the backdrop looks brighter than mine which will help with overall lighting.

Some notes:
- The LEDs will cause shiny spots. You'll want to use the matte spray to get the best results.

- I've heard you can get good scans of a mini without any background (see here), but I've never tried it and don't know if it will work with 3DF Zephyr

- Otherwise, your turntable will need a print on it to give the photogrammetry program background references. Mine needed walls so that the figure is entirely within the background.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing