Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Quote:
I disagree. With a base attack of 1 and a maximum of 4 this is not even as strong as the blastatrons potential and you only get 1 attack with no height or glyphs. Cool but not that powerful I think.
That is automatic skulls, not added attack dice. When you have three guarenteed skulls automatically plus a 50% chance of a fourth, that is wayyy too powerful, imo.

-scorp
My bad. I did not realize that when I read him the first time. That is a lot more powerful than I initially thought. All that being said I still think that on a single attack hero it is not necessarily over powered. In the world of squadscape you can still only take out 1 figure at a huge initial investment. I think only playtesting will tell but this could still work.
Again my apologies for he misudnerstanding.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:26 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
I really like the Orc Warriors. I suppose you don't have the other figures for this squad? I really like first strike. People might try to argue that the wording of this power means that you get that ability if you draft Blade Gruts or Heavy Gruts as well since they are also Orc Warriors. Maybe you should change their name to 'Orc Warriors of...' for instance so that the wording in the power can be more specific.
Good point. I originally wanted a more specific name and played around with Mordor Spears or Orc Spears, but they sounded too much like an individual's name to me, possibly because of Britney Spears (curse you!). Now I'm thinking I might rename the squad Mordor Orcs.

As for Lurtz's ability, it does have the potential to hit hard, but I was hoping the manuevering required to surround a target with orcs and the fact that it was a single shot against one target would help balance it out. As you said, playtesting will tell. I think if I end up making any change to it, it will simply be to lower the max bonus to +2 auto skulls.
Old June 17th, 2009, 11:20 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
As for Lurtz's ability, it does have the potential to hit hard, but I was hoping the manuevering required to surround a target with orcs and the fact that it was a single shot against one target would help balance it out. As you said, playtesting will tell. I think if I end up making any change to it, it will simply be to lower the max bonus to +2 auto skulls.
My thoughts exactly.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

What is the scale of these LOTR miniatures? Are they Scape sized or close to it? Your awesome cards have tempted me to go start collecting these figs too!

Last edited by Porkins; June 19th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:23 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

They're almost perfectly in scale with Heroscape.

Here's Annerios' very useful thread for determining whether or not a miniature looks in scale with Heroscape.
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:19 PM

I've updated Frodo's card on the first page to reflect some input a friend of mine gave me recently when I showed him the card. He thought using the ring wasn't as risky as it should be. The One Ring power now destroys Frodo on a roll of 3 or less, which means the first time a player uses it a roll of 4 or less will destroy Frodo, since you subtract 1 from the roll for each time the power is used.

I also changed his Sting special power. Previously, it doubled skulls rolled in the same way that the Minions of Utgars' Deadly Strike did, but combined with the Ring ability and height it gave Frodo the potential to attack and get 8 skulls, which I thought was too much damage to expect from a minor magical dagger. Sting now adds an automatic skull when attacking followers of Utgar, making it dangerous to them but in a different way.

I've also been working on Frodo's friend and gardener, and the heart of the Lord of the Rings books, Samwise Gamgee:

Old July 5th, 2009, 12:06 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/4

I love the Sam card. Awesome- Hobbit Bonding is a great idea for him- I'm wondering if the bonding should make him worth more than 60 points, though. He's very similar to Shiori in both stats and points- except he gets bonding. Might be worthy of a slight bump?

And that sculpt is freakin' awesome. The frying pan!!

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I love the Sam card. Awesome- Hobbit Bonding is a great idea for him- I'm wondering if the bonding should make him worth more than 60 points, though. He's very similar to Shiori in both stats and points- except he gets bonding. Might be worthy of a slight bump?

And that sculpt is freakin' awesome. The frying pan!!
Yeah, I love the frying pan too.

As for Sam's cost, Shiori does have a couple things over Sam, though. She has a ranged special attack and is generally more mobile with her Phantom Walk and 1 extra move. Not to mention, she's thought by some to be a bit overcosted. Regardless, I haven't playtested Sam yet (or any of my LotR customs) so you may end up being right.
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Mmm, you're right about the ranged special attack- I forgot about that. That puts it a bit further towards balanced, you may be right. Great card, anyway. I'm getting a fellowship set (the Games Workshop ones, though) somewhat soon, and I plan on testing all of these for you fairly well at that time.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You might want to specify somehow that Samwise can't use his Hobbit bonding to bond with himself. Otherwise a sneaky player could make a legit claim that he could just keep taking turns with Samwise from here to eternity.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You might want to specify somehow that Samwise can't use his Hobbit bonding to bond with himself. Otherwise a sneaky player could make a legit claim that he could just keep taking turns with Samwise from here to eternity.
Thanks, Bats. I'll fix him tonight after work.
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't understand...

Why didn't you include the "Stare Gayly into Frodo's Eyes for Two Hours of the Film Trilogy" ability on that card? Gosh!

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards