Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Hey @Hahma , not sure if you took a peek at the fallout models yet. I recieved my core box in the mail today and was quite surprised at the 32mm size of the models. I really could not tell any real size difference with any of the "28"mm models I have. I had printed out 3 extra power armor models and I had them dead on with the one that came in the box. My manuals had a few bent corners and ill have to bend most of the models straight with hot water but the game looks pretty neat. I was really impressed with the standard paper maps that came with it. They are pretty thick. Id have no problems using those for the walking dead too. Overall it looks pretty neat and wanted to thank you yet again for influencing me to pick up another great game. Its directly your fault that I like frostgrave, ghost archipelago, the walking dead all out war, and now this new fallout game.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hey @Hahma , not sure if you took a peek at the fallout models yet. I recieved my core box in the mail today and was quite surprised at the 32mm size of the models. I really could not tell any real size difference with any of the "28"mm models I have. I had printed out 3 extra power armor models and I had them dead on with the one that came in the box. My manuals had a few bent corners and ill have to bend most of the models straight with hot water but the game looks pretty neat. I was really impressed with the standard paper maps that came with it. They are pretty thick. Id have no problems using those for the walking dead too. Overall it looks pretty neat and wanted to thank you yet again for influencing me to pick up another great game. Its directly your fault that I like frostgrave, ghost archipelago, the walking dead all out war, and now this new fallout game.
I'll happily accept the blame

As far as scale goes, I think it's become "relative scale " anymore. I have found that they are kind of all over the place. Some are taller, some are beefier (The Walking Dead, Frostgrave soldiers ).

3 more power armor will be brutal against the super mutants. You'll have to print some super mutants

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just need to varnish and add grass tufts to his base, but otherwise, he's done.

This is Jorra of the Bondsmen faction for The Drowned Earth. He's the mechanic for the faction and twin brother of Alaya, as the huge ponytail and forehead scar would attest

He carries a smoke grenade launcher that doesn't do any damage, but uses a large template for hampering line of sight. He has an evade ability that makes him harder to hit with ranged attacks and has an ability that makes him more dangerous when he charges. The Bondsmen faction are the best melee faction as a group in the game. There are characters here and there from other factions here and there that are as good, but this is the Bondsmen specialty. Others in this faction have ranged weapons, but their ranged attack stat isn't as good as some of the other factions, but they all carry a nasty ax that does the most melee damage of all the factions' melee weapons, not to mention their close combat stat is the highest as a group. So Jorra's smoke grenade launcher will help him and his teammates against some ranged attacks from others, while they move in closer and hope to get into close combat.

The Bondsmen also have a thing for wearing bones as part of their armor. Be it small creature bones, or dinosaur skull bones.

Old December 14th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished Limossk, the leader of the Bondsmen faction for The Drowned Earth. With him finished, I have 5 models from both the Bondsmen and Artefacters factions, enough for a small 100 point per side game. The standard game is 125 and large games at 150. The game does come with some Effects Cards, that cost from 2 to 4 points each. They are small one time effects and can help round up some extra points in your army.

I also have 6 models from the Wayfarers faction, which are like mercenaries, in that they can act as a faction of their own, or have members drafted into other factions, though there is a ratio of Wayfarers allowed based on army size. These aren't painted yet, though I started on one.

There are also dinosaurs in this game, though I don't have any yet. They are of the smaller types for now, but there are 5 different types, with Yutta Raptors being the largest so far. Hope to get some at some point. They are faction neutral like the Wayfarers, but aren't names characters, so multiples can be taken, though the numbers vary by type.

So with the Limossk photos, are family photos of the Bondsmen, the Artefacters and them together.

Tomorrow I'm going to start to solo-learn the game before teaching it.

Old December 14th, 2018, 12:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

These minis look great @Hahma . Hopefully youll get to play it soon.

Old December 14th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good stuff. Did you post those shipping containers before? I like them!
Old December 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Good stuff. Did you post those shipping containers before? I like them!
Thanks!

I believe I posted them first around page 79, and you did you liked them

They've likely been in some Star Wars Legion pictures here and there.

Unfortunately, they have been discontinued from the site I got them from (Impudent Mortal ). He's still got some items, but his mdf supplier went out of business and he had to find another. The original one that he had his designs based on must have been unique, because the new mdf suppliers don't use the same thickness. So he is in the process of coming up with a lot more designs that are compatible with the new mdf thickness he is working with.

Old December 14th, 2018, 05:06 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thanks. Looks great.
My eye goes more to the terrain.

Are your Walking Dead figures plastic?
Old December 14th, 2018, 06:25 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Cool. Thanks. Looks great.
My eye goes more to the terrain.

Are your Walking Dead figures plastic?
I have them also and yes they are plastic.

Old December 14th, 2018, 06:59 PM

Cool. Are they in scale with Heroscape?
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
I'd say yes. I held a couple up to some Tarn Vikings and they were right there. Then again, not all of Heroscape models are the same height either.

Old December 14th, 2018, 08:08 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I'd say yes. I held a couple up to some Tarn Vikings and they were right there. Then again, not all of Heroscape models are the same height either.
Thats whats funny with scale. Walking dead and heroscape are the same size, zombicide figures are supposed to be 28mm walking dead supposedly bigger. Fallout supposed to be 32mm. They are all relatively the same height. Anything 28mm to 32mm is pretty playable together when it comes down to human sized figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures