Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2012, 06:18 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Manhattan (Design Phase)

Like I said, I suggested that to be less swingy. We have a d20 roll now, and there's the chance he won't do anything for a whole round.
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't mind the swing. Doctor Manhattan is most defined as a character that spends half of the book navel-gazing on Mars instead of actually saving the world. The Comedian says it himself - he could do anything, but most of the time he doesn't want to. He's NOT an active participant until he feels the need to be; he's a superhero that doesn't generally do much hero-ing. If the design doesn't capture that I think it's not doing it's job.

You should say "dammit Manhattan get off your big blue behind and SAVE THE WORLD ALREADY!" Comic accuracy.

One thing I like about the X Marker is that it allows Ozymandias to completely neuter Manhattan as he does in the book, but if we feel it's clearer otherwise I don't mind dropping it.
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I really don't like the "at any point" or the "once per round" because then the opponent has to keep tabs on him using it or not & that's not fun in any game.
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Here's a rewrite that I think should cover most bases:

DOCTOR MANHATTAN
JONATHAN OSTERMAN

ENTITY
EVENT HERO
RECLUSE
COLD

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 9

MOVE 9
RANGE 9
ATTACK 9
DEFENSE 9

500 POINTS?

RECONSTITUTION

Before placing Order Markers, if Doctor Manhattan is destroyed, you may place him on any empty space on the battlefield and remove 4 Wound Markers from this card.

INFINITE BEING
After revealing an Order Marker on a figure you control, you may choose if Doctor Manhattan is considered Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge, view any Order Markers on your opponents’ cards, and rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control.

APATHETIC
Before taking a turn with Doctor Manhattan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or less, Doctor Manhattan’s turn immediately ends.

MOLECULAR TELEPORTATION
Instead of moving with Doctor Manhattan, you may choose any friendly adjacent figures and place place him on any unoccupied spaces on the battlefield. After placing Doctor Manhattan, place the chosen figures on any empty spaces adjacent to Doctor Manhattan. Figures moved by Molecular Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH SYMBOL
FLYING SYMBOL

Last edited by johnny139; December 15th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do you want Molecular Teleportation to be able to send multiple figures to many places all over the battlefield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Probably not, no. If only for balance reasons.
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

You don't put OMs on destroyed cards, unless the power tells you that you can.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:45 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Probably not, no. If only for balance reasons.
Then you'll need to change it to something like this:

MOLECULAR TELEPORTATION
Instead of moving with Doctor Manhattan, you choose any friendly figures adjacent to Doctor Manhattan and then place Doctor Manhattan on any empty space on the battlefield. After placing Doctor Manhattan, place the chosen figures on any empty spaces adjacent to Doctor Manhattan. Figures moved by Molecular Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.

Quote:
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yup, updated once again.
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:50 PM

If we combined Cosmic Apathy into Infinite Being, you'd have more reasons to put OMs on him. Like so:

INFINITE BEING
Before taking a turn with Doctor Manhattan, you may choose if Doctor Manhattan is considered Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge, view any Order Markers on your opponents’ cards, and rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Then you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or less, Doctor Manhattan’s turn immediately ends.

Quote:
Old December 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I considered that, but he'd feel a lot more "Infinite" if he can control things on others' turns, I think.
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Not sure his personality should be cold. To me, that implies something sinister. I'd prefer something like Distant.
Want to bring this back up! Still not liking cold.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library