Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old October 26th, 2008, 08:10 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
Re: My Pet Hivelord!

Can I pick one of these things up at my local Wal-Mart, or can I only get one online?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmaxx View Post
I have other 3D work in the gallery, but it's not as silly as the 'My Pet Hivelord'
Runs off to check other Gallery submissions

Old October 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That is officially extremely awesome. Great job, Deadmaxx!
P.S. I want one of those. Where is a good pet shop to buy it at?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

It is really amazing! I wish I had such skill!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:18 PM

dickflea Woo who?

Haha great work..I guess it could be a more deadly version of a snake.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I want one.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Deadmaxx,

Nice to see you've finally deciding to join the ranks of the 'Scapers forum posters ... and what a way to show up!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

This is amazing! I love the detail!

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Reflective touches in both these images are sweet!
Deadmaxx, how are those little touches figured into the image when you create them? Does the computer program compensate for the material you're trying to recreate?

For example,

The reflections at the edges of the plastic sides of the hexagonal vivarium, the magnifying glass, etc. shown below:

and the reflection of the flake food cannister in the packaging picture here:
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Wow dude! Your attention to detail is incredible! This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this site! The Hivelord accessories and the Marrden Nagrub flakes had me cracking up! Excellent, awesome, beautiful, wonderful work and +rep!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old October 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

I've checked your gallery and it is awesome! How did you make the figures like that? Did you scan using special 3D scanner, or did you make it from scratch? Also, the card and figure case are fantastic! Did you cut the foam to fit the figures, or did you use some type of heated device to make holes?
Wow! I am amazed!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby!

Answering Hex_Enduction_Hour first about the 3D reflection. The 3D program I use pretty much creates that clear reflective effect for me, after I tell the program what type of material/texture that specific part of the 3D model is. So for the glass effect, making that specific area transparent, as well as giving it a little bit of a refraction, and a slight reflective value. Being in 3D that can all be easily changed till I get it the way I want it.

Now to LongHeroscaper's questions. Your right I did use a 3D scanner to create the figure of WO-SA-GA and one of the DZU-TEH. Everything else I made from scratch. A Company called Nextengine makes the scanner. It's does a really amazing job! It really helps out big time when making 3D models. As for the foam figure trays, I had them professionally cut by a company called 'foamfactory.com' I sent the die cut that I wanted and they cut them to the sizes I wanted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction