Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM

Dandin has disabled reputation
Murphy Shotgun Question

So let's say Murphy, by accident, gets totally surrounded by... Marro Drones.
Two Questions:
1) Can he shoot an empty space and get the adjacent figures? That seems logical.
2) Can he shoot all around him with his shotgun attack and hit all surrounding figures, or can he only target (and shoot in) the adjacent drone/space. Can you shoot the space he is in to hit all the drones, or is this wrong?

I'd like to know, because he could be very very useful if this was true. Every time I think about it I think of him whipping his whip (oh yeah, great use of language!) in a circle over his head and firing his shot gun randomly, front and back, blasting the drones... Well, I imagine zombies, for truth.

Can anyone answer this? You can't target yourself (which is weird, because I could take a gun and shoot myself, why not a krav agent? They can do a lot more crazy stuff then I could [they can dodge bullets!], but not shoot themselves?), and I'm not sure if it specifies on the card if shooting an empty space is ok.

When California's educational system stopped teaching to the test, scores tripled.
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
A figure can't attack itself, but you could attack your own units if you had to w/the shotgun. You can't attack an empty space b/c the power specifically says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blast Special Attack
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Johnny cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:20 AM

Dandin has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
A figure can't attack itself, but you could attack your own units if you had to w/the shotgun. You can't attack an empty space b/c the power specifically says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blast Special Attack
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Johnny only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Johnny cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.
yes, this is what I was thinking of, but it's worth asking just in case my crazy idiocy was right! Thanks for specifying.

When California's educational system stopped teaching to the test, scores tripled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's