Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 15th, 2020, 06:32 PM

bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Speaking as a loyal follower of C3V and SoV and having no official connection to either organization, I am not in favor of 3D printed units or units that require painting.

Part of what attracted me to heroscape is that the miniatures are pre painted and those of us who don't paint can still get the same enjoyment

I also am lacking a 3D printer
I just wanted to quote this myself because I agree with every word and am fairly confident there are many other silent fans of C3V that feel the same way.

I own nearly every unit the group has released but I have never and will never personally paint anything. If it's a product I can buy like Hrognak I am all in favor of it but any unit I'm expected to have to paint myself is a complete deal breaker. Tyrian and Mad Dog I can create with a sticker on the base to differentiate them from their brethren while still having a full color figure but anything I'd actually have to paint is a no go.
Old November 15th, 2020, 06:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
How are you guys feelings towards minis that can be 3d printed? I know you guys allowed an alternate proxy for the wildewoode runner. With how far 3d printing has come, just wondering what the consensus is. Ive been kitbashing heroscape miniatures and made some really fun units that I think are worthy for sov status both in blending with heroscape cannon, and fun/interesting abilities. If the consensus is a no on 3d printed minis that need paint then Ill keep sticking with my own thing. With these, availability isnt really something to worry about.
I know you, personally, could pump out printed minis on demand. But . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
Speaking as a loyal follower of C3V and SoV and having no official connection to either organization, I am not in favor of 3D printed units or units that require painting.

Part of what attracted me to heroscape is that the miniatures are pre painted and those of us who don't paint can still get the same enjoyment

I also am lacking a 3D printer
. . . I'm still here, with PJ.

Others might feel differently, but - for now - I am not ready to put production (or painting) of a mini into the hands of volunteers. Too many things can go wrong. On very special occasions, we've stepped across that line, but I haven't seen anything yet encouraging me to want to do so again.

That said, I have no objection to, for instance, you 3D-printing suitable proxies for anything we've already done. I'd love it, in fact.
Its all good. The question needed asked. You are correct DS, I personally can generate a considerable amount of minis. Ive printed 50 of them from when I went to bed last night to now. There is a method to it. Same as speed painting. Ill go back to playing in my corner and stop bothering about. Good day gentlemen.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 15th, 2020, 09:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I appreciate you taking my feedback in the spirit in which it was offered. There is so much room for what you have to offer, @TREX .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 16th, 2020, 01:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I appreciate you taking my feedback in the spirit in which it was offered. There is so much room for what you have to offer, @TREX .
There are tons of possibilities now with 3d printing and all the amazing scans of existing heroscape that its a shame that one of the few existing groups that allows anything deemed legitimate is closed off to the idea. To each their own though. I think its great, but I wont rustle any more feathers with my crazy ideas here.

Old November 17th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Its all good. The question needed asked. You are correct DS, I personally can generate a considerable amount of minis. Ive printed 50 of them from when I went to bed last night to now. There is a method to it. Same as speed painting. Ill go back to playing in my corner and stop bothering about. Good day gentlemen.
I think if you were to offer this service of printing and painting, more people would be open to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 17th, 2020, 07:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
I think if you were to offer this service of printing and painting, more people would be open to it.
Yeah, I've always thought that would be a cool route to go. A huge undertaking for the submitter for sure, but something I'd love to see.
Old November 17th, 2020, 07:20 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I've always thought that would be a cool route to go. A huge undertaking for the submitter for sure, but something I'd love to see.
I'll just do me, and make stuff for my own table. You guys have a good day.

Old November 18th, 2020, 04:53 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
For the Wildwood Runner (and Hrognak howdah), how many others were on the production team? It sounded like a group effort.
Old November 18th, 2020, 05:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The Hrognak howdah is entirely Soundwarp. He da man.
Old November 18th, 2020, 05:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

For the runner I got @GeneralRolando to edit an existing .stl file to make something better suited for our purposes. He did a great job!

As far as a custom submission (or C3V design) that's entirely 3D printed, I expect it will happen at some point. However, given our current thoughts on the subject it can't just be "here's the file and here's some painting instructions". At the least there would have to be a demonstrated ability to sell & distribute that, at the least, would meet all initial demand.
Old November 20th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

3D printing is becoming more and more viable.

However, there is a thin line between the 3D printed and just going for a Reaper Bones mini, or the Unpainted line that D&D has going for it. I would suspect we are more likely to bust out the paints than get a 3D printer and Painting.

That said, there is something about finding the Prepainted mini's. Heroscape didn't seem to have high output of new figures like other games (Warhammer). Releases were special and treasured. I think the finding Minis puts that kind of foucs on quality.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 20th, 2020, 08:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I would like to resubmit my Dwarven designs.

Submission 1:
Great Axes of Ironstone
Submission 2: Dalmar Stonewall
I love me some Unique Squads, and while I don't care for Dwarves Gandalf seems to think you could always use more, and Who am I to argue.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs