Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Almost all of you are familiar with the power rankings that spider_poison began and Jexik continued. What follows here is an effort at creating a new set of power rankings that includes the custom figures from the C3V and SoV projects. Much of the credit for these rankings, of course, goes to the creators of the original power rankings, upon which all of this is based.

These rankings are maintained by me and do not reflect the consensus views of the C3V project. That said, I will be attempting to maintain and update these rankings based on feedback and, especially, tournament results.

EDIT: I've done a complete overhaul of the rankings. In the process of putting together the updated Delta pricing spreadsheet, I refined my thinking about what these tiers mean, and I decided to take a fresh look at the rankings with that in mind.

While I haven't gotten around to doing an overhaul of the formatting, it's silly to leave the "real" rankings parked way down thread, so I'll put the updated rankings here and maybe get around to formatting stuff at some later date.

A+

Deathreavers
Isamu
Major Q9
Marro Warriors
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RoTV)

A

10th Regiment of Foot
4th Massachusetts Line
Cathar Spearmen
Fen Hydra
Fyorlag Spiders
Greenscale Warriors
Grimnak
Heavy Gruts
Kaemon Awa
Knights of Weston
Major Q10
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Stingers
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
Nilfheim
Quahon
Sir Gilbert
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

A-

Airborne Elite
Axegrinders of Burning Forge
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior
Azurite Warlord
B-11 Resistance Corps
Black Wyrmling
Blade Gruts
Blastatrons
Boreos
Braxas
Cyprien Esenwein
Darrak Ambershard
Death Chasers of Thesk
Eldgrim the Viking Champion
Gladiatrons
Guilty McCreech
Heracles
Krav Maga Agents
Kuthnak
Laglor
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Mezzodemon Warmongers
Microcorp Troopers
Mimring
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Phantom Knights
Roman Legionnaires
Rygarn
Varkaanan Greyspears

B+

Alastair MacDirk
Arktos
Arrow Gruts
Asterios
Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
Augamo
Brute Gruts
Bol
Buccaneers of Tortuga
Clayton Pierce
Corvor the Tainted One
Crixus
Dreadgul Raiders
Eltahale
Fire Elemental
Goblin Cutters
Havech Eradicators
Kate Crawford
Krug
Louis "Mad Dog" Malone
Major J15
Marrden Nagrubs
Mohican River Tribe
Moltenclaw
Morgan's Riflemen
Morgoloth
Ne-Gok-Sa
Ogre Pulverizer
Pel the Hill Giant
Red Wyrmling
Syvarris
The Varja
Tor-Kul-Na
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Varkaanan Quickblades
Varkaanan Swiftfangs
Warforged Soldiers
Zelrig
Zetacron

B

12th Caucasus Rifles
Acolytes of Vorganund
Agent Skahen
Air Elemental
Arkmer
Avernus
Bahadur
Beorn Boltcutter
Bugbear Basher
Brave Arrow
Brunak
Capuan Gladiators
Charos
Count Raymond
Deathcommander Mark 3
Finn the Viking Champion
Goblin Slashers
Haduc
Heirloom
Himmelskralle
Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands
Horned Skull Brutes
Hrognak (unmounted)
Izumi Samurai
James Murphy
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
Josie Whistlestop
Kon-Tar-Na
Kurrok the Elementalist
Kursus
Makwa Tribesman
Marro Dividers
Marro Drones
Marutuk
Minions of Utgar
Nakita Agents
Nhah Scirh Cultsts
Nicholas Esenwein
Othkurik The Black Dragon
Racheim
Re-Tak-Shi
Sacred Band
Samuel Brown
Sentinels of Jandar
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep
Sir Hawthorne
Skull Demon
Talingul
Van Nessing
Varkaanan Darkclaws
Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord
Warriors of Ashra
Water Elemental
White Wyrmling
Wildwood Monarch
Wildwood Runner
Wildwood Sentinel
Zombies of Morindan

B-

8th Infantry Pathfinder
Anubian Wolves
Ashi-Dhulu
Ashigaru Harquebus
Aubrien Archers
Axentia
Breach
Cal the Smuggler
Capt. John Varan
Command Courier
Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Crypt Guardian
Drow Chainfighter
Durgeth Ravagers
Frost Giant of Morh
Gen. Simon Fraser
Gorillitroopers
Hoplitron
Ice Troll Berserker
Jorhdawn
Kantono Daishi
Kira Jax
Koggo
Kyntela Gwyn
Lilja
Locksley
MacDirk Warriors
Marrden Hounds
Master Lao Xin
Motley Max
Ogre Warhulk
Olog
Omegacron
Omnicron Repulsors
Ornak
Quorik Warwitch
Red Mantis Blade Dancers
Sentinels of Grax
Shadow Binder
Shadow Fiend
Shurrak
Siiv
Sonya Esenwein
Spartacus
Specters of Aldorn
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Tandros Kreel
Tarn Viking Warriors
Teeth of the Makwa
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Ulginesh
Valguard
Wastewalker Gage
Wyvern
Xualtiaca Fire Ants
Zaeus
Zettian Infantry

C+

20th Maine Volunteers
53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters
Amberhive Protectors
Ana Karithon
Achillean Gladiatrix
Armoc Vipers
Arthur of Sherwood
Ashigaru Yari
Banshees of Durgeth Swamp
Beakface Rogue
Beakface Sneaks
Bloodburst Thrall
Blue Wyrmling
Bramcephys
Brontos
Chardris
Clawfoot Interceptor
Darkprowl Thrall
Death Knights of Valkrill
Deepwyrm Drow
Deltacron
Earth Elemental
Elaria the Pale
Emirroon
Executioner 616
Jotun
Kato Katsuro
Kha
Kozil
Kozuke Samurai
Kumiko
M-43 Resistance Fighters
Maltis Tez
Microcorp Agents
Migol Ironwill
Millerson
Morsbane
Ninjas of the Northern Wind
Nottingham Brigand
Omnicron Snipers
Otonashi
Patrick Ferguson
Protectors of Ullar
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM)
Red Ants of Aunstrom
Rendar Fy
Seleena
Sgt. Drake Alexander (RoTV)
Shadow Hound
Shaolin Monks
Siege
Sir Orrick
Soontir Van
Sonlen
Suskra
Swaysil
Swog Rider
Su-Bak-Na
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
Tagawa Samurai
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Tetraites
Theracus
Tornak
Tomb Skeleton Archers
Tombstone Gunslinger
Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
Varkaanan Blade Dancers
Warden 816
Xundar
Yi Feng
Zettian Deathwings
Zettian Guards
Zhen Yuan

C

Agent Carr
Akumaken
Brimstone
Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior
Chen Tang
Deathstalkers
Deathwalker 8000
Ebon Armor
Eilan Sidhe
Emperor Andask
Estivara
Evar Scarcarver
Garrett Burns
Gorillinators
Gothlok
Granite Guardians
Greater Ice Elemental
Hrognak (mounted)
Iron Golem
Jarek Guy
Knights of Blackgaard
Manauvi
Marro Drudge
Marro Hive
Master Win Chiu Woo
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Myrddin
Quasatch Hunters
Ranjit Singh
Retiarius
Rhogar Dragonspine
Shiori
Sir Denrick
Skeletons of Annellintia
Tomoe Gozen
Torin
Urk
Viceron the Blood Knight
Werewolf Lord
Wolves of Badru
Z'Thoth, Mouth of the Abyss
Zombie Hulk

C-

Brandis Skyhunter
Deadeye Dan
Deathstrike Thrall
Deathwalker 9000
Dumutef Guard
Einar Imperium
Erevan Sunshadow
Feral Troll
Grigor & Rogirg
Gurei-Oni
Kee-Mo-Shi
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Major X17
Marro Gnids
Martial La Hire
Mok
Moriko
Obsidian Guards
Otar
Parmenio
Prince al'Kahora
Priscus
Rechets of Bogdan
Roman Archers
Shades of Bleakwoode
Sharwin Wildborn
Sujoah
Tomb Skeletons
Tul-Bak-Ra
Uzog
Zogross Hardscale

D

Acolarh
Arashara Goshiri
Cormin the Dark
Cxurg'gyath
Deathwalker 7000
Dünd
Dzu-Teh
Elite Onyx Vipers
Empress Kiova
Iskra Esenwein
Khosumet the Darklord
Master of the Hunt
Mika Connour
Pelloth
Preyblood Thrall
Runa
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
Sir Dupuis
Sudema
Templar Cavalry
Wo-Sa-Ga

F

Grok Riders
Hatamoto Taro
Sahuagin Raider

Previous rankings, with all their pretty formatting and commentary:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by dok; March 22nd, 2023 at 12:01 AM. Reason: bygone age added
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

I like how these power rankings are similar to the ones on my blog. Although I haven't done the blog for thee last 3 units, I'm sure they would be similar.

I'm thinking the Gnids are getting a little too much credit, as guys like Q10 or Q9 will laugh at them, and now even the elf wizards with Haduc will be even more of a threat to them. I'm not seeing how they are a B+ unit yet, sorry

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks dok, awesome work.

When people will have learned to use them well, I think the Blade Dancers will go closer to the HSB.

On the other hand, I am still convinced that the need for a double line of sight when using Directed Fire (both Omegacron and the attacking figure must have LOS) makes Omegacron weaker that he seems.

I have added the rankings for Van Nessing and Kira in their book.

Last edited by dalu; September 25th, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:39 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

*Theoryscape Alert!* (hey - it's what I do, right?)

I just don't know about the Resistance fighters at B. Now, I haven't played a single game with them, but I just look at a 3-figure, 2 attack ranged squad and can't help feeling the Tagawa Samurai Archers all over them. I know they're mobile and they can get around screens, but anything they're shooting at that's behind a screen can probably shrug off 2 attack without much trouble anyway, and mobility is only so good in this game it seems (just ask the Gorillinators).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 25th, 2011, 12:08 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
*Theoryscape Alert!* (hey - it's what I do, right?)

I just don't know about the Resistance fighters at B. Now, I haven't played a single game with them, but I just look at a 3-figure, 2 attack ranged squad and can't help feeling the Tagawa Samurai Archers all over them. I know they're mobile and they can get around screens, but anything they're shooting at that's behind a screen can probably shrug off 2 attack without much trouble anyway, and mobility is only so good in this game it seems (just ask the Gorillinators).
I'll admit that the choice was B versus B- with them, for sure. However, the TSAs are at B-, and I'm comfortable asserting that the M-43's special powers are worth one notch more than counterstrike. Priority Targeting means that getting attacks with height advantage is much easier than it is otherwise. And Guerrilla Tactics is more than just "mobility" - it's zombie-style mobility that allows you to move figures from the back while attacking with figures at the front.

That said, consider them on the watch list.
Old September 25th, 2011, 11:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Their mobility is incredibly useful. EDIT: You can fire on a target, then move other figures up to engage your opponent, or bring up new figures to replace figures that will be destroyed or engaged in the next turn. Of course, the possibilities go beyond that, but they're a very mobile squad.

Last edited by caps; September 25th, 2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: elaboration
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Does Van Nessing justify an increase of the Werewolf Lord to a rank of B? Drafting both of these heroes is a 245 point investment (with decent stats, if not limited attacks), but it bestows a 50% chance of your WL OM's getting a free turn with Van Nessing. Of course, the flip side is that your WL-wielding opponent could also get a turn with Van Nessing, but having 2 opponents with Werewolves seems a bit rare in the competitive scene.

Now, if your opponent also has a WL and Van Nessing, at least you don't have to worry about her taking a free turn with your VN.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Does Van Nessing justify an increase of the Werewolf Lord to a rank of B? Drafting both of these heroes is a 245 point investment (with decent stats, if not limited attacks), but it bestows a 50% chance of your WL OM's getting a free turn with Van Nessing.
I considered this recently, and almost made the change. The only thing stopping me is that the WL already has a bonding squad. But given that I like Van Nessing more than the WoB, most of the time, it's easy to argue that the 50% Van Nessing activation is more handy than the 100% WoB activation, when you consider the point investment needed. Still, you usually want one OM directly on VN anyway for Divine Mission, so on average you're only getting one extra VN activation per round, even if you put two numbered OMs on WLs.

Like I said, I was very close on this - I was closer to bumping the WL than I was to bumping Kyntela or Ulginesh or Arkmer, FWIW. I'm still open to bumping the WL, but I'd like to see some non-theoryscape results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Of course, the flip side is that your WL-wielding opponent could also get a turn with Van Nessing, but having 2 opponents with Werewolves seems a bit rare in the competitive scene.

Now, if your opponent also has a WL and Van Nessing, at least you don't have to worry about her taking a free turn with your VN.
Ah, interesting point; it's a variant of the Marcu versus Marcu thing.
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:23 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't see how VN makes any noticeable change to WL's value. Werewolf Lord's bonding is instead of taking a turn with WL, isn't it? So having a marker on werewolf doesn't add any extra turns--just an almost negligible amount of flexibility.

EDIT: I stand corrected.

Last edited by caps; September 27th, 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: I was wrong
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:44 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I don't see how VN makes any noticeable change to WL's value. Werewolf Lord's bonding is instead of taking a turn with WL, isn't it? So having a marker on werewolf doesn't add any extra turns--just an almost negligible amount of flexibility.
Not true. Moon Frenzy will activate the WL and a Hybrid of your choice when it goes off.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Ah. I see. I guess I never noticed because WL has always been killed before he got any use in our games.

I still agree with the party that says that his rating is unchanged.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Zogross and the Greenscales had a strong showing in Maryland, going 5-0. However, they didn't face the sorts of armies (ranged commons or disengaging melee, most obviously) that would give that army trouble. So, it's definitely on the watch list to move up, but I'd like to see more results.

If anyone else has results from the C3V/SoV figures in a competitive setting, I'd like to see them. The only other use I'm familiar with is the Zombie Hulks that were used in the Michigan Monster Mash event, but they were played as pseudo-commons with full bonding, so I can't really count those results.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs