Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:31 PM

Grut Ranger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up UPDATES!!!! Grut Ranger's Custom Workshop

MORE UPDATES!!!!
Increased Na'Rok's Point Value, changed Talisman's mini, and MADE MORE UNITS!!! (Yay)

Talisman

And his basic side, for those who care.

Talisman is a Warforged Champion, imbued by his constructors with great power, has many abilities is single and squad combat.

Spectre

Of the Warforged Infiltrators, Spectre is among the most skilled in his profession. From the shadows, he wait and watches, his keen eyesight alert to even the slightest movements. Suddenly, an Ogre Pulverizer thunders past, leaving a wasteland of rubble in his wake. Exhaling slowly, he pivots, aiming the sight of his crossbow on the soft spot where the head meets the neck. As his shot is released, he curses softly, knowing that his shot is off. Dropping his bow, he sprints full tilt, bearing down upon the now angered Ogre, knowing that he will not have time to reload the bow. Time seems to slow as the Ogre swings his makeshift club, aiming for Spectre's head. Easy. A simple leap, a spring off the moving tree trunk, a stab home into the crown of the skull...yes, Spectre truly is among the best.

Na'Rok the Deathrainer

Na'Rok is an Undead archer with the ability to rain chaos upon his opponents.

J.A.N.U.S. Exterminators

Only two were ever made. Once their full potential to shred armies to pieces was realized, the Zettians turned on their prototypes. Utgar, seeing their immense potential, summoned them to join his merciless armies.

Lugh the Kyrie Legend

Summoned to Valhalla to dispel darkness at the forefront, Lugh is a legend among the Kyrie. Unlike any other warrior, Lugh does not fear anything the darkness may hurl at him.

Grut Ranger's Custom Workshop
New stuff! Be sure to keep checking back, as I update regularly.

U play N.O.V.A. 3? PM me!!!

Last edited by Grut Ranger; October 15th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Grut Ranger's Custom Workshop

I think his name should just be Talisman, which is a nice Heirloom tie-in, but... He's perhaps a little overpriced (no flying, no ranged, no immunities), and maybe the miniature is not quite emblematic enough of the powers? Not sure about the class, either - I mean Warmaster is a DnD class, but the powers don't really say "great abilities in field tactics", right? That all sounds really negative... Um, I like way the name Talisman goes with Aura of the Forge.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Raining Blows should probably be:

RAINING BLOWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to 3 other figures adjacent to Warmaster Talisman or the targeted figure to attack with Raining Blows Special Attack. Roll each attack separately.

215 is probably not too far off, but I think it is too high. Changing the name to just Talisman is probably the best idea. I suggest finding a different mini, especially if (as you indicated somewhere) you intend to eventually nominate him for the SoV.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
He's perhaps a little overpriced
Thanks, I was wondering about that, though he and Siege make one heckuva powerhouse combo. Maybe Talisman should be a Warlord or something.

Last edited by Grut Ranger; October 3rd, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm really into Warforged customs as well... you should scamper on by my thread and check out my Warforged Rorshack and Watcher, as well as my Warforged Infiltrator's squad, I think you'd like em. Rorshack is actually on his way through the SOV right now, and he's actually for sale over at Auggies should you decide you like him well enough. I like the name Talisman for this character, I also really enjoy Aura of the Forge, though I am not to sure I like his Secret of the Forebuilders, it doesn't really fit with D&D lore (unless you no something about House Cannith that I don't), nor does a Warforged that's not a spellcaster having the ability to curse things really sit well with me... *shrug* however he is all yours, personally I think he would be perfect with just three powers.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

If I were an SoV judge I would not vote to review Talisman for a couple of reasons:
-Secret of the Forebuilders doesn't make sense thematically, and it does not actually look very useful
-as a Warlord, he offers way too much the Romans; that SA is ridiculous and I also don't remember any Warlords with more than 4 attack, excepting Valguard's conditional and ineffective First Assault
-4 powers is very hard to justify and I don't think this design pulls it off
-that mini is not Warforged--it is a woman in armor

If you want to impress the judges, you need to hit a clear theme and have powers that reflect theme. Simplicity and elegance are also big bonus points. Most of the designs that have passed so far have been pretty elegant and relatively simple.

Also, as a customs-designer, I don't want to see a figure become part of the canon that precludes any Warforged hero bonding, and I think this figure is way too strong to bond with anything.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
If I were an SoV judge I would not vote to review Talisman for a couple of reasons:
-Secret of the Forebuilders doesn't make sense thematically, and it does not actually look very useful
-as a Warlord, he offers way too much the Romans; that SA is ridiculous and I also don't remember any Warlords with more than 4 attack, excepting Valguard's conditional and ineffective First Assault
-4 powers is very hard to justify and I don't think this design pulls it off
-that mini is not Warforged--it is a woman in armor

If you want to impress the judges, you need to hit a clear theme and have powers that reflect theme. Simplicity and elegance are also big bonus points. Most of the designs that have passed so far have been pretty elegant and relatively simple.

Also, as a customs-designer, I don't want to see a figure become part of the canon that precludes any Warforged hero bonding, and I think this figure is way too strong to bond with anything.
Troublemaker

But seriously, it's nice that someone ACTUALLY spoke their mind.

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Na'Rok Comments

I like what you did with Na'Rok--making him a cross between Syvarris and Deadeye Dan.

Some suggestions:

Chaotic Bolt, as it is now, is too powerful.
1) The way it's worded, if Na'Rok rolls a 20, he can a) destroy an opponent's figure ANYWHERE on the battlefield, and b) he can then attack normally if he does not move.

2) 90% of the time, if you don't move, you'll be adding 4 to Na'Rok's attack. And with 9 Range, you won't have to move much. Put some Deathreavers in front of him and let him use his 2 attacks of 5 each turn. Get him on height and that's 2 attacks of 6 each turn. Sgt. Drake is a heavy hitter with 6 attack--but he only gets 1 attack.

3) Add Spilling Blood and even high life heroes will be mincemeat versus Na'Rok.

My suggested wording:

Chaos Bolt
If Na'Rok does not move this turn, after targeting a figure you may roll the 20-side die. On a roll of 1, destroy one of your figures. On a roll of 2-19, you may add 3 to Na'Rok's attack. On a roll of 20, destroy the targeted figure.

That limits Na'Rok to 2 attacks of 4 (still pretty powerful, especially with an instant kill), limits his instant-kill to figures in his range, and prevents Na'Rok from destroying a figure and then attacking normally after that.

Na'Rok still might be too powerful, but with 3 Defense and 3 Life he'll go down quickly if you can't protect him.

By the way, "Na'Rok", in the Thai language, means "cute", but that skeleton is definitely not cute.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Na'Rok Comments

I like what you did with Na'Rok--making him a cross between Syvarris and Deadeye Dan.

Some suggestions:

Chaotic Bolt, as it is now, is too powerful.
1) The way it's worded, if Na'Rok rolls a 20, he can a) destroy an opponent's figure ANYWHERE on the battlefield, and b) he can then attack normally if he does not move.

2) 90% of the time, if you don't move, you'll be adding 4 to Na'Rok's attack. And with 9 Range, you won't have to move much. Put some Deathreavers in front of him and let him use his 2 attacks of 5 each turn. Get him on height and that's 2 attacks of 6 each turn. Sgt. Drake is a heavy hitter with 6 attack--but he only gets 1 attack.

3) Add Spilling Blood and even high life heroes will be mincemeat versus Na'Rok.

My suggested wording:

Chaos Bolt
If Na'Rok does not move this turn, after targeting a figure you may roll the 20-side die. On a roll of 1, destroy one of your figures. On a roll of 2-19, you may add 3 to Na'Rok's attack. On a roll of 20, destroy the targeted figure.

That limits Na'Rok to 2 attacks of 4 (still pretty powerful, especially with an instant kill), limits his instant-kill to figures in his range, and prevents Na'Rok from destroying a figure and then attacking normally after that.

Na'Rok still might be too powerful, but with 3 Defense and 3 Life he'll go down quickly if you can't protect him.

By the way, "Na'Rok", in the Thai language, means "cute", but that skeleton is definitely not cute.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
I've been looking for comments on Na'Rok for quite a while.
Maybe his name could be a joke or something...
Anyway, yeah, I had a basic idea and slapped it together for Chaotic Bolt.
I think there should be a range on the instant opponent death, and I should bring the boost down to two or something. Or maybe no boost at all. If you roll a 1, destroy one of your figures. If you roll a 2-18, nothing happens. If you roll a 20, destroy an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces. I like that too.
Or maybe it's a once per game thing...
There's lots that can be done, you're right.

Old October 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't like the inequal result of 1 and 20 for Chaos bolt. If you roll 1, you can sacrifice any figure you own (you'll sac your cheaper figure), but on 20 you have the choice of which opponent figure you kill. Not fair, and not chaotic !

I say you should make both end equals. I could see one of the following :

1) on 1 you chose the figure you control that die, on 20 opponent chose one of his/her figure that die.

2) On 20 the targeted figure die, on 1 Na'Rok die.

3) On 1 you roll D20 for each of your figures, 1 meaning the figure die (like Mitonsul). On 20, the opponent do so with his/her figures.

Chaos is powerfull, but very dangerous too.

I could also see the following, " la" Stinger :
- On 1-3, Na'Rok die, on 4-20, add X to its attack.

Spilling blood is REALLY strong. TOO strong for 130 points. Imagine on Charos. once Charos has 2 wound, its defensive power fall quickly. And it is especially nasty with double attack ! Factor in your version of Chaos bolt that enable Na'Rok to have 6 attack with height and 9 range, and you have a game breaker figure.
I would stick to something way less overpowered, like :

- if an opponent figure that has at least a wound marker defends against Na'Rok, it rolls one less defense die.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Lyrgard's suggestion is nice, having a low roll destroy/wound Na-Rock rather than just any figure. If you just get Rats or something, having to kill one isn't a big deal. Also, Chaotic Bolt should have a range limit. White Knight's suggestion works well. I don't think he needs Spilling Blood, it just makes him overpowered, having on average 2 boosted attacks of 5. Keep up your good thoughts.

Also, do you need card help? I know the MCC does cards, or I could even do some for you.

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:09 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think the Death Knights should bond with a ranged double attack. I like the army idea, tho:

Taelord 180
Na'Rok 130
Death Knights x3
490/8

Talk about volatile.

I don't think Spilling Blood is bad on its own, just combined with Chaos Bolt, which is too powerful for a bonding figure. That's an Order Marker Required power, IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards