Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 26th, 2020, 12:54 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: YOU'RE INVITED - OHS Tourney - April 25th

Gosh, I'm sorry my mic was acting up so much! Not sure why we were having that issue. I'll try to keep my volume under control if we cast again.

Overall I was really impressed with how you guys ran the event. I thought you guys did a great job keeping things on schedule, and you clearly put a lot of thought into how your organized things to make it fairly seamless.

My only complaint of note, as I mentioned on Discord, was that it was pretty difficult to figure out which players/armies were playing where. This was caused by two issues:
  1. A mismatch between some of the sign up names and the names on the army lists
  2. The fact that the links to the games didn't tell you who was where; it was only in the voice announcement. The screenshot that was posted usually had the room number cut off.

If you could resolve that by posting a clear table that had game assignments with room numbers and both discord and army IDs (if different), and standings after each round, that would be about my only major suggestions.

Anyway, great work and I hope to see a bunch of the new players in some OHS events, too.
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:56 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the feedback! That's always helpful to hear from the participants!

For those interested...here are the final standings!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 26th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow, what a turnout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 26th, 2020, 05:57 PM

XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker

What’s sos?
Old April 26th, 2020, 06:01 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by XThorSavageX View Post
What’s sos?
Strength of Schedule

I believe its calculated by adding your opponents wins

Last edited by Chris Perkins; April 26th, 2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more details
Old April 27th, 2020, 12:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

SoS = Strength of Schedule, or total off all your opponent's wins. We had to submit partial scoring but SOS was used. Aside: I like SoS better as it does not reward late game strategies of going for more points or camping to prevent points, but also accounts for difficulty of opponents/armies. The 3-1 would be ranked differently with partial scoring over SoS, not 100% if @Scaperedude would be 3rd but pretty sure, but he deserved 3rd anyway as he almost beat me.

Thanks @Sir Heroscape for all your work on setting this up - I think this will be a good model for tournaments to come as well. Also thanks to all my gracious opponents - @Chris Perkins , @Scaperedude , Porkinson, blindsniper. Also thanks to @dok (Mr. Incognito) and others who chimed in on the championship livestream - it was very informational after the fact.

I played my army (Mogrimm Forgehammer + Axegrinders *4) after listing to the Casters of Valhalla podcast, especially @Matthias Maccabeus 's affinity for melee and my lack of experience with them and wanting to try it out. In general I am a very aggressive play-style so have to fight against my nature to "slow-roll" which is why in most games I still bonded most of the time as it both forced me to slow-roll Axegriders but also allowed me to feel like I was aggressive with the hero. Note I did have a lot of luck in my games so that did help me win I think the first and last game. IMHO I think I had a slightly advantaged army over the Glad/Blast combo twice in a row from @Scaperedude & Porkinson, a lot more advantaged army against @blindsniper's Hydras + Nhah Scirh Cultists, but an even and fun match-up against @Chris Perkins 's Phantom Knights + Marro Warriors.

Note on Commander’s Strike - for the first two games I played correctly that you could only do it if someone else besides and Mogrimm was adjacent to the target, but then in the third game me and my opponent reread the card and somehow both interpreted it that he counted himself, which definitely help put some wounds on a Hydra that might have swung the game, but I did win by a lot so I don't know. By the last game @Chris Perkins re-corrected me, but this time I forgot/missed opportunity to use it when I could have. Also note that the online 2D interface kinda made me confuse my hero and squads and which I activated already, so (at least in final, assuming probably other games) sometimes I tried to take an activation with Mogrimm as if he were a squad, and other times I only activated 3 Axegrinders thinking Mogrimm was part of my squad turn.

All that to say even though I won I did make some mistakes and have a lot to still learn. #HumbleBrag

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 27th, 2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 27th, 2020, 01:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

When I'm using a hero that looks like its squad, I often recolor the hero so I can tell who's who
Old April 28th, 2020, 01:33 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

So when's the next one?
Old April 28th, 2020, 10:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Signups through 4/29

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events