Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 16th, 2020, 09:30 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker
Re: C3G Public Survey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
C3G Figure Repaints/Modifications Survey

Quote:
  1. How do you generally feel about figure repaints or figure mods in C3G?

No problem. I prefer repaints as sometimes having to buy 2, 3 or 4 different figures to make one mod can be quite expensive but overall I am happy with them especially if it means getting some cool figures we otherwise wouldn't be able to do.

2. How many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. 10+, and they are some of my favourite figures.

3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. Enjoy making the ones I want, skip ones I don't care about. But thats the same with the official heroclix figures to.

4. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for C3G do you feel that:
    1. I have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods.
The Mortal Kombat and Slasher figures are some of my favourite and I would love more of them.
Old November 16th, 2020, 12:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

1. How do you generally feel about figure repaints or figure mods in C3G?

I'm good with them. I was one of the big proponents back in the day, and I spearheaded quite a few of the first few C3G mods. Any other answer here would be hypocritical.
  2. How many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. 0
    2. 1-2
    3. 3-5
    4. 6-10
    5. 10+

Aside from designing many of our early mods, I've done lots of commissions as well.

3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. Happily partake in any and all of them.
    2. Enjoy making the ones I want, skip ones I don't care about.
    3. I like making my own, more detailed versions
    4. Don’t enjoy feeling I have to do that level of work.
    5. I like one (repaints/mods) but generally shy away from the other unless really interested.
    6. I don’t really mind either.
    7. I don’t tend to do them because I will usually just proxy stuff.
    8. I actively avoid repaints
    9. I actively avoid mods
    10. I actively avoid all mods and repaints.
    11. I'm not interested/lack the time to develop the skills to make the mods.
    12. I don’t actually buy figures at all.
    13. Other:

I've slowed down on the "completionist" mindset. Time/money/space are all factors.
  4. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for C3G do you feel that:
    1. I have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods.
    2. I wish there were more repaints.
    3. I wish there were more mods.
    4. I like repaints and mods, but have felt a little overwhelmed with how many have come out.
    5. I am okay with repaints and mods, but have felt like there were a lot to keep up with.
    6. I don't like/do repaints or mods.
    7. Other:

Being someone who paints as a hobby/minor income, I have no issues painting. Mods are wearisome to me nowadays. They're not terribly fun to do in my opinion, and more work, more dangerous (I've cut myself more than a few times), and more annoying (I've glued my fingers together more than a few times). I've turned down a few commissions because I don't want to do the intricate mods required.

Also personally, after taking a few years off and seeing the slashers, MK, Valiant, and whatever else, it's quite daunting to want to try to collect. I'd still rather buy a prepainted figure, or do a quick paintjob than try to mod all of these.
Old November 16th, 2020, 02:34 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Also personally, after taking a few years off and seeing the slashers, MK, Valiant, and whatever else, it's quite daunting to want to try to collect. I'd still rather buy a prepainted figure, or do a quick paintjob than try to mod all of these.

Check out these mins. You'd have to paint them, but they have Pinhead, Sam, Myers, Leatherface, Freddy and Jason.

https://www.studiominiatures.com/sho...haracters.html
Old November 16th, 2020, 02:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:

Check out these mins. You'd have to paint them, but they have Pinhead, Sam, Myers, Leatherface, Freddy and Jason.

I've seen them! I would rather go this route for figures as much as possible. Unfortunately they're probably fairly pricey to get shipped, which is a valid consideration.
Old November 17th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
Quote:

I've seen them! I would rather go this route for figures as much as possible. Unfortunately they're probably fairly pricey to get shipped, which is a valid consideration.
I get that - the number of times I've been annoyed by a figure I can only get from the US and the extortionate shipping costs incurred is staggering. Of course, this one is actually perfect for me given I live in the UK, so I very much appreciate this being mentioned. By which I mean to say...
WELCOME TO MY WORLD, BITCHES!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 18th, 2020, 09:41 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not to twist the knife of anyone weary of ordering from there, but under Shops is Survivors:https://www.studiominiatures.com/shop/survivors.html
Which is chock full of approved properties. There's a great Ash mini, John Wick, a couple Snake Plisskin's. And some from properties not yet approved, but could be, like Macready from The Thing.

And this might be a wacky idea but possibly these guys as a squad and a few heroes totaling 240 points, designed to play well against a single Predator or 2 Alien Drones?
Old November 18th, 2020, 10:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"All our models are supplied unpainted and assembly is required with some models. Photos are for guidance as to their possible finish!"

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2020, 11:00 PM
...has moist legs

I've seen those before, too! I think it's cool how many "off-brand" pop culture IPs they have, but I also think the models are incredibly ugly
Old November 19th, 2020, 05:26 AM
Casing the Corners

All of them??
I feel the likenesses on Dutch's team are really strong for the scale, and capture the characters very well.
The proportions resemble classic 'Scape, which I don't mind.

Some of their figures are better than others. Their Not-T-800 looks like if James Cameron went ahead with casting Lance Henriksen in the role instead of Arnie. And the bodies are way too small on their Pulp Fiction Travolta and Jackson.

But that Lara Croft is awesome!
Spoiler Alert!

I think John Wick is instantly recognizable thanks to the pose, weapon, hair and attire all being dialed in.
Spoiler Alert!

And these are cartoonish, but still, it's the humans from Predator 2!
Spoiler Alert!

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, anyone able to ID who this is supposed to be from the Horror section? Thanks!
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 19th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Reminds me of a character from the TV show, Friday the 13th the series.
He had a cursed glove that could heal but then you had to transfer the disease/injury to another or suffer it yourself.
Old November 19th, 2020, 10:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just really wish they would show what the unpainted sculpts look like. I feel like a high quality paint job can cover a lot of sculpting sins and I feel that may be what's happening on a lot of these. But you don't get the high quality paint job as part of the purchase.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2020, 10:31 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Looks like shipping is just over $5. Total cost for 10 shipped would be $64.45 after the conversion rate. Not terrible all things considered.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy