Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!
Finding Heroscape in the UK

Hi,
I'm fairly new to Heroscape, and I only have the Rise of the Valkyrie starter (plus a second set of everything but the figures I picked up in a carboot/fleamarket for £1) and the Orm's Return hero pack. I bought them both on clearance a while back (£12/$20 for the starter, £6/$10 for the hero set), and have only just started getting into the game.

I'm looking for more stuff to expand my sets, but Heroscape is very hard to find over here, and even harder to find on sale (higher prices than in the US I think too, boosters are £10/$16, starters £30/$50, large packs I'm not sure since I've never seen them in stores, but I estimate between £15/$23 and £17.50/$28. Reading the forum, this seems a little higher than you US guys pay).

Only one store I know of carries it, and they only had 3 booster packs (two of which were the same) at £10 each, neither of which interested me (I basically pick figures I think look cool) and a Swarm of the Marro set at £30. They did tell me they would try and order some more packs though, I want to get a terrain pack for my next purchase.

So, can anyone help me in finding Heroscape in the UK ? Should I go round toy shops and look in those, or what ? It seems I've missed the "craze" for it in Britain where lots of shops stocked it, and even online there isn't much (I can only find the two sets I have, maybe 10 different boosters and the road set, and what there is is no cheaper than full retail from a store. The road set is even more expensive at almost £20.)

Thanks in advance,
Shadowking

Last edited by Shadowking; September 27th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker
Re: Finding Heroscape in the UK

Try www.gameslore.com
Old September 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
That looks like about the same prices he's been seeing elsewhere. Though perhaps a larger selection.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey Shadowking, welcome to the madness.

Another option (if you have a friend in the US) is to use the buddy system, see my thread "International Shipping--Cheap."

And by the way, you have missed the peak of the craze in the US as well. Nowadays only Walmart and small game stores stocks it, and not consistently. The best way to buy is online.
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the US. I guess it's going to be impossible to get the Lava set at any price here (US exclusive I presume), let alone one I'm willing to pay, and from what I understand the Tundra set and Jungle set are waiting for a reprint (pity, the two I wanted the most ). I guess I'm going to get a couple of boosters from the store I asked to order some (although £10 seems a little high), any idea what waves/sets are in production now ?

Last edited by Shadowking; September 28th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking View Post
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the US. I guess it's going to be impossible to get the Lava set at any price here (US exclusive I presume), let alone one I'm willing to pay, and from what I understand the Tundra set and Jungle set are waiting for a reprint (pity, the two I wanted the most ). I guess I'm going to get a couple of boosters from the store I asked to order some (although £10 seems a little high), any idea what waves/sets are in production now ?
You know us, you know someone in the U.S. If you read Kroc's thread then you will discover people you may not expect to help out that actually will.

Wave 1, 8 and 9 are available now with 10 available in October/November and Master Set 3 available around February 2010.
Old September 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM

I may look into that then, if the stuff my FLGS orders in disappoints. And the road set is the terrain one in production now ? I take it no-one has any ideas on possible dates for reprints, I searched the forums but no luck.
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Shadowking, no terrain sets are currently in production. Volcarren Wasteland was a Toys-R-us exclusive. The D&D master set is coming out next February, but all the rest? Well its buy it if you can find it. Most are still available at HouseMouse.
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Hey Shadowking! Great to see another heroscaper here in the UK! My best finds have generally been on ebay. Also, amazon.co.uk has rereleased some waves again. Hope this helps!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM

Well I've bought SoTM, the road set, and the Roman and Hero boosters from Wave 1. Should give me enough terrain for a big battle and some more squads and heros to use until I manage to find more sets.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion