Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Movie: I am Legend

I saw this trailer online... http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/trailer2/

and thought it looked sweet, I just didnt think Will Smith could play in a movie like this, but maybe I'm wrong. Waht do you guys think?
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Man I just checked Wikipedia and they have chopped this movie up pretty well changes already, The Characters are totally different

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
* Will Smith as Robert Neville: A former scientist who is the last uninfect human in Manhattan.
* Salli Richardson as Ginny Neville: Robert's wife.
* Willow Smith as Marley Neville: Robert's daughter.
* Alice Braga as Anna.
Rantage
The book doesn't even take place in New York City it takes place in a nameless Surburben Neighborhood with a named street

Robert Nelville was a factory worker not a scientist. On lesser note I think Robert Nelville was white as well but that doesn't bug me

His wife Name is Virgina but I don't know if Ginny is a Nickname or something,

Marley Neville: WTFH is Marley Nelville, I know for a fact that Robert Nelville's daughter is not named Marley and even worse she's played Smith's scary kid

end of rant -_-

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old November 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Well the book appeared to be set in suburban California, at least that's what it felt like when I read it not some faceless suburb. But New York isn't a bad choice and having it set in NYC makes the absence of other human life just that much more apparent. I don't have a problem with that or the color of the actor they chose for the part. I happen to think that Will Smith will be able to deliver some of the nuance required for this role. He's quite good at portraying someone carrying pain in his background which is a requirement for the character of Robert Neville.

Also, Robert Neville worked in a chemical factory or plant of some sort in the book but I like them changing things up so he's a scientist in the movie simply because some of the stuff he learned and did in the book seemed pretty darn far-fetched in light of his background as presented in the story.

If they stick to the book's original plot (for the most part) and the book's ending, it'll have a chance to be very successful, at least critically.
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:47 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
the book and movie are verry different what i saw , the vampires seem monsters they seems not to ztalk like the books, so the real cloue about humans and vampires will not come to the movie. also the trailer spoilered many weh shmith said" i can save you". the movie will a good popcorn , action, vampire movie, alternative story inkluding(see the comics)

the movie had one more problem when humas lived on this world why are ny is so abdomedP? why did the rest not go shoping there then night is.
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'll take Omega Man over any remake! :P

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 10th, 2007, 11:52 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
I new it was a book or something but is it a comic or i sit like a novel? I would go and buy it either way, I'm sure id it was a comic it would be trade paperback, and also is who made it Dark Horse or something??
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I'm interested to see just how they translate this movie to the big screen... or rather, 'adapt' this movie to the mindless masses who know nothing of the book, and want nothing more than a shoot 'em up action/vampire thriller. Which the book was so NOT. Already seeing that the names have been changed for both Neville's daughter and wife is a bad sign. And they also look to die differently... which is friggin' lame. Not at all creepy like the book! The dog in the movie looks to play more a side kick role and will not at all express the struggle Neville feels for companionship and loss as illustrated in the book. And I really can't wait to see how they deal with the twist of cultural role reversal that is the very name of the book. Also, no Ben Cortman!? C'MON!!

"Come out, Neville!"

Yes, I'll go to see the movie. And I'm not even saying the film will be bad. But I will not go in expecting it to be anything close to representational of the novel. Hollywood looks to have killed this story with blockbuster formulas and mass market appeal. Which is sad, because the storyline of the book is very deep, dark, and dramatic, and could easily be made into a movie without explosions, CG, and a ripped Will Smith... which Neville was anything but.

Sorry to rant...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

Opps sorry wrong Chuck Heston movie.

I'll take Omega Man and its souped up 70s hot rods and pasty zombies in hoods over Wil Smith ant day.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:44 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Watch movie - read book.

There are some things that SHOULD be done in that order, just to preserve one's sanity and keep one's blood pressure low.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
I new it was a book or something but is it a comic or i sit like a novel? I would go and buy it either way, I'm sure id it was a comic it would be trade paperback, and also is who made it Dark Horse or something??
I am Legend is a novel written by Richard Matherson. It is novel(Not a Graphic Novel) and in my personal opinion one of the best books I've read.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
According to Stephen King it's one of his inspirations. Pretty cool stuff!
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I will give Will Smith credits for picking the best of the best when it comes to Sci-Fi stories. First we had I, Robot by Isaac Asimov and now I am Legend by Richard Matheson. Both exceptional Sci-Fi literary icons.

For those that have not read either ... For God's sake put down the videogame controller and pick up a book once in a while!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies