Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 7th, 2017, 09:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Very nice job on the painting @Hahma . Are the doors and chests part of the base set or part of the kickstarter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I got the chance to play Catan last night. Believe it or not it was my first time ever playing it. It was a four player game with one other person playing for the first time. I placed fourth but I actually won. Technically I won with 11 points because I turned over a third knight for two points when I was sitting at 9. The two other veterans had 8 points and the other first timer had 6. They were kind of excited at how competitively close the game was since they weren't playing with any of their expansions. Is it typically a run away? I ask because I really enjoyed the game.
I have never played Catan either but have been considering getting it just for the simple fact that it is on nearly every suggested board game list out there. It is encouraging to know that you enjoyed your first game of it. Is it a long game?
-
-
I wouldn't consider it a long game. It war probably an hour for us but two of us were first timers. I'd imagine 45 minutes would be what most games would take with a group that all knew the rules...which aren't really that difficult. We learned on the fly so things would come up and we'd have to ask or we were told as they came up sometimes. The basics are easy to learn.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:33 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you @japes .

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 8th, 2017, 01:23 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post

Oh jeez now I feel bad, I got so excited to use that emoji and I ended up just insulting a totally useful post though I do hope to see some more of your painted Rum and Bones stuff! I'm still working on painting my AotP stuff but trying to find other games that my wife will enjoy... thought Takenoko would work because she loves pandas but it was a flop... doesn't help that it was late and she is pregnant... but apparently Takenoko is more complex than heroscape lol
That's a bummer. Got to try out Takenoko for the first time at Origins this year and really liked it. It's on our wish list now.

Have you tried something like Ticket to Ride with her?
No not yet, I'm not sure how she would do with it thematically but it might be worth a try... My list of to-tries are: Escape the Curse of the Temple (she likes rolling dice and Lara Croft so gonna get a 15mm Lara-look-alike to replace the Meeples), Harry Potter Battle for Hogwarts (Hermione is her hero and she likes being able to buy stuff like deckbuild), then "...and then we held hands", Roll For It, and maybe Agents of Smersh (she likes Agents and rolling dice, this game seems to have both but I have to look into it more)
We also have two kids under the age of 3 so our play time is limited, there is a very narrow window of time between me getting home from work and her crashing from a long day of kid chasing :P
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Not to be confused with the upcoming Fallout tabletop miniatures game by Modiphius, here's an upcoming Fallout board game by FFG.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ampaign=buffer

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Not to be confused with the upcoming Fallout tabletop miniatures game by Modiphius, here's an upcoming Fallout board game by FFG.

I would bet the miniature game is going to be more interesting. The board just doesn't do justice to a wasteland scene like wargaming terrain would.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:21 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

I am looking forward to both of those. Started 2 different campaigns of Sword & Sorcery over the weekend, one with the family and one at the store. Everyone is enjoying it so far. I personally like Galaxy Defenders more, but something about dungeon crawling suckers more people into playing.

Also played some Blood Bowl and stomped the lowly Goblins with Skaven. Of course, it helps when his troll eats the goblin with the ball instead of throwing him.
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

I am looking forward to both of those. Started 2 different campaigns of Sword & Sorcery over the weekend, one with the family and one at the store. Everyone is enjoying it so far. I personally like Galaxy Defenders more, but something about dungeon crawling suckers more people into playing.

Also played some Blood Bowl and stomped the lowly Goblins with Skaven. Of course, it helps when his troll eats the goblin with the ball instead of throwing him.
The buddy that I'm painting Sword and Sorcery stuff for is a huge Fallout fan, so he is getting both versions and I'll likely have to paint some of it. About halfway done with the Orc King for S&S, so we will likely start that campaign after GenCon, since most of my gaming group is going down to Indy for that.

Would like to try Blood Bowl some time. I have the Blood BowlManager game and like it, but I know it's quite a bit different than the miniatures game.

Last edited by Hahma; August 9th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

I just preordered a rulebook by Osprey Publishing for a game called Dracula's America. It should be released in a couple weeks and I figured I'd just check out the rules first before ordering any figures for it. My buddy Chris has a boatload of Shadows of Brimstone western type minis we can use before buying anything official, though like Frostgrave, you can use minis from any manufacturer you want.

The theme seems neat and I like that it's another game where you may only need up to 10 or so minis per side and that there are several factions. The playing cards initiative system seems neat too.

I was able to preorder it for only around $20, so not bad.

Here's a video review of the rulebook.

Last edited by Hahma; August 9th, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old August 9th, 2017, 01:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , is this one a bit like frostgrave as well? My work browser doesn't allow youtube.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 9th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma , is this one a bit like frostgrave as well? My work browser doesn't allow youtube.
Here's some more on it

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2...-west.html?m=1

Old August 9th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

On Monday night, I played a couple games for the first time.

Werewords - Yet another version of Werewolf. Basically you have tiles that will be mostly villager roles, and one Werewolf one Seer, as well as one Mayor roll. In total there will be one more tile than players. They are flipped over and mixed up. Players take a tile and the player that drew the Mayor role announces it and draws the last remaining tile, where they can get a villager role that doesn't change anything, or get the Werewolf or Seer which will have special rules. Then players other than the Mayor, will close their eyes while the Mayor looks at a choice of words that come up on an app on a phone. Then the Werewolf will get to look at the chosen word, and then the Seer will get to look at it. Then everyone will open their eyes. Then the mayor will start the 4 minute timer on the app and everyone will try to guess the chosen word. If the players guess the word, the villagers win. The Werewolf will try to throw players off, while the Seer will try to help steer the players on track. But if the villagers and Seer win, the Werewolf player gets a chance to guess which player was the Seer and if correct, then the Werewolf wins. So the Seer has to be careful not to be obvious. We played it twice.

Delve - This was a cool game. Has a Carcassonne element of laying tiles that have to line up a certain way, but you are laying dungeon tiles. Each player has 5 square pieces with a character type on one side (brute, wizard, thief, leader), and may have 2 of one character type. Each player also has their own race, which will have its own special ability. You start with 3 tiles and 3 xp tokens. The dungeon tiles have some gold symbols and some treasure symbols. So on your turn, you place a tile and you may place one of your character tiles on the tike you placed. You place the character either facedown if you want, to hide which character you placed, or faceup if there is a torch symbol on the tile. Characters have their own dice pool and certain color dice combinations. Once a room or hall becomes completed, the gold and treasure is scored. If there is only on player's piece in that room, then the player to their left draws an encounter card and reads the flavor text and offers 2 choices for the player to choose from, but doesn't give the specifics. Often it will be a test with dice rolls based on the character/dice pool. If you succeed, you get the gold and treasure cards that have money values you keep secret. The treasure cards also have some kind of ability. If there are multiple players in a closed off room, then no encounter card is drawn and the players roll dice against each other. You can use your xp tokens to do various things, including using your faction ability. Some of the tiles have a sun symbol on them, and whenever it is placed, the marker on the sun track advances. Once it gets to a certain number on the track, the game ends. Cool game.

Old August 9th, 2017, 08:09 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Hey has anyone heard of Raxxon? Just curious of interest in the game. PM me for details if you like.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games