Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 25th, 2019, 05:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Bleez) (Public Playtest)

The trick wouldn't have been possible before this design as it is. I don't like the idea of a power that is supposed to benefit the user (in this case, Supergirl or Mera) detracting from an ally when it did not have any negative before. This also creates a weird circumstance where Bleez spends the marker and then it becomes questionable whose card it "belongs" to for Raging Plasma.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, thus my proposed wording changes. Assuming I actually get to testing any time soon (might be this weekend) I'll test it with your intended interaction.

Edit: Oh, and lest it get lost, I'd also recommend changing the part I bolded in my initial post on the last page to "the defending figure" or something like that for clarity.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 27th, 2019, 07:56 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

@Ronin thanks for signing up here too! Since Bats is running two games with only Reds, I will please ask you to run one of your games in an army not built around Reds (see some of the earlier tests, I had LV do this and he had some interesting army ideas).

Old March 27th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Sure thing.

I'll also try and take a look at the wording concerns here. Should have some games in by Saturday night.
Old March 27th, 2019, 09:17 PM

Thanks! Just to clarify, the intent is to allow Bleez to take markers and then Supergirl and Mera to "create" new markers with Raging Plasma.

Old March 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My tests are all set up to run in my office. Hoping to finish by some time on Friday!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:35 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: RED LANTERN (BLEEZ)

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Bleez (350), Red Lantern (Mera) (300), Atrocitus (360) (1,010) vs Green Lantern (John) (340), Green Lantern (Hal) (350), Green Arrow (Oliver) (150), Speedy (Roy) (90), 5th Precinct Beat Cops x1 (65) (995)
Spoiler Alert!

Units: Bleez (350), Red Lantern (Mera) (300), Atrocitus (360), Red Lantern (Kara Zor-El) (370) (1,380) vs Mister Fantastic, Thing, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Silver Surfer (400) (1,400)
Spoiler Alert!

Old March 29th, 2019, 07:36 PM

On a side note, after playing, I found the timing of the mechanics in both Raging Plasma and Supergirl's Reckless Rage to lack clarity. That's something I'd love to see ironed out on both fronts (would affect Bleez, RL Mera, and RL Supergirl).

Old March 30th, 2019, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the tests! I can understand a wish for clarity on timing those powers. Looks like she did great in Game Two. Let's see how Ronin fares.

Old March 30th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Got my armies set up, but haven't had a chance to run games yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Thanks! Just to clarify, the intent is to allow Bleez to take markers and then Supergirl and Mera to "create" new markers with Raging Plasma.
I'm not sure creating one is easily achievable in an intuitive way. I think it's just hard-coded that markers limit powers in most cases, so it's a big leap to get people to think "Oh, I can just pull a marker out of nowhere mid-game". The current wording on Raging Plasma definitely doesn't really allow for that.

You could maybe do something where Bleez has you set some aside at the start of the game, though, and let recharges come from that pool, so it's not such a big deal for her to steal them?

Something else to clarify: is Treacherous Rage meant to work when a Ravager inflicts wounds with auto-wounds, or only with a normal attack?

Also, what clarification did you want to see on Supergirl, Bats?
Old March 30th, 2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
RECKLESS RAGE
After this Red Lantern attacks a figure she was not engaged with at the start of her turn, you must remove all red Battery Markers from this card. After removing one or more red Battery Markers from this card with this special power, the defending figure receives a wound for each blank rolled by this Red Lantern, and this Red Lantern receives a wound for each blank rolled by the defending figure.
The timing is just a bit wonky and confusing. You remove the markers after the attack, but after removing the markers you have to trigger effects based on the attack roll. To me, "after" an attack means in terms of literal gameplay, I'm sweeping up the attack dice and moving on. As a solo tester I typically use the same dice for attacking and defending as well, so having to stop and mentally track blanks is a bit confusing.

All of which is to say that first "After" seems like it should be a "before," but now that I think about that, it would mess up her offensive bonus.

Maybe something like this?

Quote:
RECKLESS RAGE
After this Red Lantern attacks a figure she was not engaged with at the start of her turn, if there is at least one red Battery Marker on this card, the defending figure receives a wound for each blank rolled by this Red Lantern, and this Red Lantern receives a wound for each blank rolled by the defending figure, then you must remove all red Battery Markers from this card..
I know that doesn't seem that different in terms of the timing of the power triggering, but not having to interrupt the attack and dice calculating portion to pick up markers, but doing that afterwards is helpful for mechanical clarity, I think.

Old March 30th, 2019, 11:58 PM
Symbiotic

I'm okay with that tweak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library