Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Metal, and Who Out There Enjoys It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
I understand that metal founders like Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osborne were and are very much into the Devil music scene, but I don't think that makes it impossible for other bands to have more positive content.
This isn't true at all. Tony Iommi the founder and leader of Black Sabbath is a devout Catholic always has been. The band was originally named Earth and preform as rock-blues-jazz until Tony started writing music in tritone and detuning guitars. The songs were fantasy horror and social commentary based. Birmingham, UK was a great place to live in the 60's. The occult stuff came from the fans and media as result of Tony always wearing a large cross necklace where every he went (still does), so like all good showmen the band picked up on this and ran with it placing huge (15') crosses on stage. To spice the show up some stage guy got the idea of lighting it on fire and the legend grew.
Hmmm, I never knew that. Thanks for the correction. I suppose a lot of bands just do stuff like that for the publicity and shock factor, not because they actually get into the stuff. I know Slipknot is a good example of that.
However, I don't think that changes the fact that there are some pretty satanical bands out there.
Your right on both accounts, two of biggest ones are Alice Cooper (Vincent Fumier) and Ted Nugent. Both portrait complete wild men while on stage but are very reserved gentlemen in different ways. Uncle Teddy's a family guy with 4 children is straight as an arrow (no drugs, no alcohol). His political leanings are another story. Vincent is a reserved family man who listen to mostly classical music and think the hole satanic metal thing is a big joke. In a video interview he talks about meeting some of the Norwegian satanic bands while on tour there and how the whole demonic persona is a facade. When meeting him they all became fan boy geeks, asking for autograph, pictures him and stuff. so yes images is really important to some of these bands. As for how many are really satanic probably not more than a hand full. Even King Diamond is not what he seems.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music