Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
Maybe I'm just very daft, or I can't read as well as I thought.

Phantom Walk states: X can move through all figure, and is never attacked when leaving engagements. Phantom walk applies to "normal" movement. I do not see where TKN's card states that his 1 hex trample movement is considered "normal."

For those who think that it doesn't consume move points to trample, answer this question. Can TKN trample another figure if he moved 6 spaces? Like I wrote above, I would consider his 6th space moved to be "during his movement," so he could roll for the trample. However, if he did, he might move an extra 7th space.
There is no such think as a special move. Movement is movement in this game. If it was a special movement it would have Special Movement written like Special Attack is written. TKN has six move thats it. He can't just pull another movement space out of his rear end. Movement is like energy, he has enough energy to move six spaces. Once thats over its over.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
WHILE MOVING! He only has 6 move how could he continue into a 7th space WHILE MOVING!

Also Phantom Walk does not use the word "Normal" at all. Why do you assume Phantom walk is normal movement but Trample is not?

One more time - WHILE MOVING!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM

Baconsteak has disabled reputation
This is still going on?

How the heck can he legally end his movement on a 7th space?

Go stick him on some hexes and put a figure 7 spaces away and tell me how he can walk the six space distance and then be able to end his move on the space that is one more than his move value. He's not even allowed to stomp that guy cause its too far for him to end his movement there.

HE HAS SIX MOVE

To be able to stomp the target must be in a space where he could legally end his move.

Quit adding extra spaces into his movement.

Quit thinking that MOVING him into the space of who he stomped isn't part of *gasp* MOVING. Because you're MOVING him on his turn and his MOVE value is SIX.

Theres a little green box on every card that says MOVE and it has a number beside it and that is how far characters can move. His has a 6 by it. So he should move SIX Spaces.

The KEY words in this whole line of thinking are in fact "MOVE" and "SIX" if you havent guessed that.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:45 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I'm going to try one more point but after that I think I'll just be repeating myself. Here it goes.

If you try to Phantom walk through people you don't get free spaces to go through them right? What if a figure is blocking the final space for you to land on? You don't get a free space to walk past him, you have to stop short wasting a movement space but that's all you can do.

Trample works exactly the same. Neither power mentions anything about normal movements or anything like that. The difference is Trample uses the D20 (and the death of the figure) to detemine if you can go through the space or not. To me these powers are nearly identical in nature.

That's the best I can do. I hope it makes sense.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:50 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Yes, I do see where you're coming from. The only thing that I'm stuck on though is that forced move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other cards force you to move. For the reason alone, that is why I think it is not "normal" movement, so it shouldn't be treated as such.

I did email the officials with my question too. So hopefully we'll have a real answer.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Yes, I do see where you're coming from. The only thing that I'm stuck on though is that forced move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other cards force you to move. For the reason alone, that is why I think it is not "normal" movement, so it shouldn't be treated as such.

I did email the officials with my question too. So hopefully we'll have a real answer.
First of all, sorry I'm coming in late to this discussion. I whitnessed a few TKN questions being asked of CVN during Gencon and I even joined in on a discussion.

Anyway, Blue, it is not a forced move, it is a forced expendature of that move point which must be available in order to conduct the trample attack. If you are out of move points you cannot trample.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:

First of all, sorry I'm coming in late to this discussion. I whitnessed a few TKN questions being asked of CVN during Gencon and I even joined in on a discussion.

Anyway, Blue, it is not a forced move, it is a forced expendature of that move point which must be available in order to conduct the trample attack. If you are out of move points you cannot trample.
All right, I forfeit. I do see what you're talking about. I was wrong!

Well, I guess that means he will take disengagement attacks too.
Oh of course he will.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
There is no such think as a special move. Movement is movement in this game. If it was a special movement it would have Special Movement written like Special Attack is written. TKN has six move thats it. He can't just pull another movement space out of his rear end. Movement is like energy, he has enough energy to move six spaces. Once thats over its over.
There certainly are special moves in this game. They're the powers with a static move value written in the text box. Just like the move and attack of a special attack, the distance of a special move is unboostable. This is very common in Marvel (Swing Line and Super Leap), but Stealth Leap, Scatter, Disappear, and Movement Bonding are examples from classic. The rules guys don't write "Special Movement" on them because they don't always replace your normal move, unlike a special attack that always replaces your normal attack.

I agree that if stomping a figure was supposed to increase TKN's movement, it would have said so clearly.
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:59 PM

wigglepuppy has disabled reputation
I am very impressed with Tor-Kul-Na. All of his stats are very solid and the trample stomp ability has a good chance of destroying several squad members in one turn. The Nagrubs make him even better because if your opponent attacks them he's still not attacking Tor-Kul-Na.

That said, my opponent underestimated Trample stomp's ability to inflict a wound on a hero with good reliablility. In one game I stomped 3 wounds on the new drake and stomped through 2 McDirk's to get to his Raelin with 1 life left.

{Clarification} Yes. I meant seperate hits on Drake.

wigglepuppy is Kaemon Awa...
in The Marble Temple...
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Not to derail the thread from the stomp argument but..

This guy along with the new Marro puppies is very very brutal. He ends up tossing 12 dice at your foes (on even ground). The doggies are low attack at 2 each but this in addition to his stomp and regular 6 attack is pretty hard to deal with. The 6 movement they all have means they can get to you fast as well.

I used all heroes except for Raelin and Purple Ninja that come in the new master set and he seems to be able to walk all over them.. if not killing them all easily killing all but one and leaving that last hero weakened. The problem is those dogs really. Their 2 attack easily penetrates the Falconer and Drake for great chisel away hits.

I tried 3 times with very little success. Anyone else give this particular match up a go and have trouble as well?
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
I tried 3 times with very little success. Anyone else give this particular match up a go and have trouble as well?
When I beat Tor-Kul-Na in the final scenario, I killed all of his nearby puppies first with the machine pistol, and then gave him a few rockets to the face when he engaged Q10. After Q10 got destroyed, Sonlen finished him off with a combination of swooping and a ranged attack from height.

Killing the protectors that are nearest to him really seems to be the best way about it. 2 Defense is much easier to penetrate than 5. Perhaps as a TKN player, it'd be a good idea to get Raelin to protect them as well as Tor-Kul-Na? That way, your opponent has to go through Raelin and the Nagrubs before they stop your stomping spree. Then you might as well as get a ranged unit that really benefits from Raelin and is great for killing ranged units.

Tor-Kul-Na: The Stompening
Raelin (SotM-just for fun)
Krav Maga Agents
Tor-Kul-Na
2x Marrden Nagrubs
500 points

Have a nice little pod protected by Raelin (a little behind the rest of your forces) If they try to engage your KMA, they get stomped. If they don't try to engage them, they get shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
When I beat Tor-Kul-Na in the final scenario, I killed all of his nearby puppies first with the machine pistol, and then gave him a few rockets to the face when he engaged Q10. After Q10 got destroyed, Sonlen finished him off with a combination of swooping and a ranged attack from height.
I will give this a try. The reason I did not do this first was because my opponent had the other set in a safe place so even if I killed all of them then Stompy was going to get an attack of either way.

Thanks for the advice. I don't want to change to team I have up as I want to see if they can pull their point values which right now they are failing at.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units