Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Jorhdawn

The Book of Jorhdawn
Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - "Elves"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Heroscape Character Bio: The sky swells with darkness, blotting out the noonday sun.
The child convulses her small body surges forward and back, her spine arches, her eyes glaze white.
The fire comes.
Orange and red bolts blaze across the blackened sky. The raining flame collides with tree and home in brilliant blooms. The fleeing elves weep for their great loss. The trees were their eldest friends and allies.
The girl child carries her father's gift, and curse. Chardis, flame wielder, one of The Eight, has sired a ninth.
(Hasbro)

(Images courtesy of Truth )

Synergy Benefits Received
-ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura :
As an Elf, Jorhdawn may benefit from Acolarh’s LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defensive bonus.
-ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet :
As a follower of Ullar, Jorhdawn may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.
-EMIRROON : Elven Summoning Spell :
As an elf, Jorhdawn may benefit from Emirroon's ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL ability.
-KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of Oak Aura 1 :
As an elf, Jorhdawn may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.

-ULGINESH : Mind Link :
As an elf wizard, Jorhdawn may benefit from Ulginesh's MIND LINK activation synergy.

- RAIN OF FLAME: ELF WIZARDS
:
Synergy Benefits Offered
-ARKMER : Staff of Lerkintin : As an Elf Wizard, Jorhdawn may aid Arkmer with his STAFF OF LERKINTIN Defense enhancement.
-CHARDRIS : Fire Strike Special Attack : As an Elf Wizard, Jorhdawn may aid Chardris with his FIRE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK.

-EMIRROON : Elven Summoning Spell : As an elf, Jorhdawn may aid Emirroon with his ELVEN SUMMONING SPELL d20 ability.

-4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus :
Having a Valiant personality, Jorhdawn may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
*NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Jorhdawn- She throws fire like a girl. B-

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 5 (118/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Jorhdawn- Still the only crowd control the elf wizards get, and Haduc keeps her alive. B

Jorhdawn Discussions
Jorhdawn - what's your army idea?
Jorhdawn vs. Morsbane
Eckels's Elf Army Thread

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 19th, 2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: vc added
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:13 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Jorhdawn

I'm not sure on the ruling of Explosions, so here goes...If Jorhdawn uses Rain of Flame on a Deathreaver, can I scatter away with the two adjacent to the target to not be adjacent to the original target, thus not activating the explosion?
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:19 AM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I'm not sure on the ruling of Explosions, so here goes...If Jorhdawn uses Rain of Flame on a Deathreaver, can I scatter away with the two adjacent to the target to not be adjacent to the original target, thus not activating the explosion?
Scatter does not work on special attacks.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:21 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pssh...Yeah, thanks, ChaosChild. Stupid mistake. Thanks.
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

If she uses her special attack on one Z.Guard & the 2nd one is adjacent to the first one & a jungle piece, does the 2nd get the def. bonus? Height advantage?

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
If she uses her special attack on one Z.Guard & the 2nd one is adjacent to the first one & a jungle piece, does the 2nd get the def. bonus? Height advantage?
Yes. All attacks (explosion, special, normal, etc.) get the bonus. You'll probably get this a lot, so I'll say it right now and save everyone else the energy: Do what the rules say, not what they don't.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Here is a question I noticed about Jorhdawn. It makes sense that she would need to see a figure in order to attack it, but her power does not specifically state that the figure needs to be in clear line of site like most other cards. The card says "Choose a figure to attack" So does Jorhdawn not need line of site to use her special attack?
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Here is a question I noticed about Jorhdawn. It makes sense that she would need to see a figure in order to attack it, but her power does not specifically state that the figure needs to be in clear line of site like most other cards. The card says "Choose a figure to attack" So does Jorhdawn not need line of site to use her special attack?

Thats actually a pretty good question I never thought about before. My guess would be someone will tell you you do need to be able to see the figure to attack it, but from reading the name of the ability "Rain of Flame" it makes me think of old school rpg mage type abilities where fire rains down from the sky (therefore you wouldnt really need line of site considering the fire is raining down). Im interested in hearing the answer to this.

Dustin
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jorhdawn needs line of sight to attack, because all ranged attacks require line of sight. It says this in the rulebook, so putting it on the card is unnecessarily redundant. The only time Line of Sight is mentioned in special attacks is when there is an exception to the rule, like with Tul-Bak-Ra.

You usually see the phrase "choose a figure in X clear sight spaces" on Special Abilities.

Dead Eye Dan has both a ranged Special Ability and a Special Attack, so his card is an easy way to see the distinction.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; January 1st, 2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: some examples...
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:29 AM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation

I'm playing through a homebrew dungeon crawl and my son chose a 350-point elf army with Ulginesh, Emiroon, Kyntela and Jorhdawn.

In the (relatively) cramped space of a dungeon crawl environment Jorhdawn is really impressive. Her Special Attack has plenty of range to hit on the first round and a 4 attack explosion is pretty devestating when you don't have room to spread out and/or you're purposefully bunching together for synergy. She took out an entire arrow grut pod with height on her first attack: 3 arrow gruts and a swog rider, and she's been taking out at least two figures per attack since then.

She has two weaknesses. The first is that she drops in power when her elf buddies are destroyed. And the second is when her team is engaged in melee she starts nuking her own guys. I was surprised to discover that both those weaknesses can be overcome by using her as point/a blocker instead of keeping her in the back. She's immune to her own rain of flame, so she can drop it on figures she's engaged with. And even though her defense stinks, she's got a reasonable amount of life. Finally, because her power drops with every elf killed, you kind of want her to be the first killed, anyway.

The elves are becoming one of my favorite armies, not because they're powerful, but because they're a really interesting house of cards that isn't quite as fragile as I once thought.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
I'm playing through a homebrew dungeon crawl and my son chose a 350-point elf army with Ulginesh, Emiroon, Kyntela and Jorhdawn.

In the (relatively) cramped space of a dungeon crawl environment Jorhdawn is really impressive. Her Special Attack has plenty of range to hit on the first round and a 4 attack explosion is pretty devestating when you don't have room to spread out and/or you're purposefully bunching together for synergy. She took out an entire arrow grut pod with height on her first attack: 3 arrow gruts and a swog rider, and she's been taking out at least two figures per attack since then.

She has two weaknesses. The first is that she drops in power when her elf buddies are destroyed. And the second is when her team is engaged in melee she starts nuking her own guys. I was surprised to discover that both those weaknesses can be overcome by using her as point/a blocker instead of keeping her in the back. She's immune to her own rain of flame, so she can drop it on figures she's engaged with. And even though her defense stinks, she's got a reasonable amount of life. Finally, because her power drops with every elf killed, you kind of want her to be the first killed, anyway.

The elves are becoming one of my favorite armies, not because they're powerful, but because they're a really interesting house of cards that isn't quite as fragile as I once thought.
I actually play with this often. I move my own guys into the middle of a group, and bomb my own Elf. This way, my Elf can get into the action, and Jorhdawn gains 2-3 targets.
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:53 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

There was a riveting Jorhdawn discussion in this thread. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37998

The thread has a major contribution from spiteofthedice (the guy who posted this book).

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Last edited by Koolster25; August 25th, 2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Made it more better

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units