Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old June 30th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Buying Collections to Resell to Scapers

Hi all,

Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe and healthy! It’s come to my attention that it is getting harder and harder for newer players to get into the game, thanks to a rise in prices. Sellers like AllThingsHeroscape are scalping this wonderful community.

If you are looking to get out of the game AND want your collection in the hands of people who will enjoy it, feel free to reach out to me. I’ve always been on the low end of prices since the Sales and Trades Subforum started in 2013. I’ve completed over 70 good sales and trades. I will make sure your collection is pieced out fairly to people who want to play this game.

Yes, I will make a little money off this. No, I’m not doing this for the money. Quite frankly, I’m not in a position where I need the money (I’m currently employed). I am simply trying to help build this community.

Please PM me with any questions.
Old July 1st, 2020, 12:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Buying Collections to Resell to Scapers

A noble cause, OEAO. May you find success.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 1st, 2020, 05:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
A noble cause, OEAO. May you find success.
Thanks. I remember buying a few lots back in the day (6-7 years ago) to build my collection. If I were to sell out of the game, I’d want my pieces going to people who will use them, rather than people looking to make money.

Say hi to Brad! I’m sad we’re not getting to see you guys this year at GenCon, but it’s for the best. Hope you’re well!
Old July 1st, 2020, 05:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah. I wish it was different, but what are you going to do.

Hi to your dad. I'm glad to read that you have a job.

= =
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:

It’s just a secretarial and odds-and-ends job for the attorney my dad works with, but it does the trick. I found out today that law school will be online for the first semester. I kind of figured it would be online. Three years until I have a real job (that isn’t retail or secretarial, lol. Not that there’s anything wrong with those jobs, but I’m looking forward to working for myself.)
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

PLEASE, I hope people will take you up on this. This is a very real issue. Also, have you considered bidding and trying to "Save" eBay sales that are going super high to the "scalpers" - as you say?

I know eBay is a lot harder to compete with, but it's just a thought cause I'm not sure just how much traction you'll get here since this is something I feel like you'd really need to "Market" to get the word out ya know?

idk, maybe I could mention it on my YouTube channel...hmmm

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 1st, 2020, 07:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Unless people pretty much give you their scape, you cant "mark it up" that much without being in a similar bracket as the other sellers. If they dont give it to you for wholesale and you keep it lower, I doubt that it will be worth your while at all. The answer here is 3d printing. Supply and demand. If no one is paying the insane prices, prices will come down to meet the market. I know your heart is in the right place, but dont think adding a middleman is the answer to the scalping problem. Reguardless, I wish you luck in your quest.
Edit: not trying to be a downer here, just keeping it real.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 1st, 2020, 08:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

It’s just a secretarial and odds-and-ends job for the attorney my dad works with, but it does the trick. I found out today that law school will be online for the first semester. I kind of figured it would be online. Three years until I have a real job (that isn’t retail or secretarial, lol. Not that there’s anything wrong with those jobs, but I’m looking forward to working for myself.)
The first year of law school is notoriously miserable and law school is more conducive to remote learning than undergrad, IMHO. And I worked in a law firm my last semester of college, too. It's a good job before law school.

Enjoy!

= =
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Unless people pretty much give you their scape, you cant "mark it up" that much without being in a similar bracket as the other sellers. If they dont give it to you for wholesale and you keep it lower, I doubt that it will be worth your while at all. The answer here is 3d printing. Supply and demand. If no one is paying the insane prices, prices will come down to meet the market. I know your heart is in the right place, but dont think adding a middleman is the answer to the scalping problem. Reguardless, I wish you luck in your quest.
Edit: not trying to be a downer here, just keeping it real.
I mean, I’ve done this 5 or 6 times. This is the first time I’m initiating with a new thread, but I’m not asking people to give it to me for free. I’m already in talks with someone. I had another who wanted me to pay eBay prices, which I’m clearly not going to do. If it doesn’t work out, that’s ok. I’m just seeing if I can save any lots from going to eBay (assuming that the seller doesn’t want to just parcel stuff out on their own). I don’t plan on selling figures for much more than I used to (teens for most squads, single-digits for most heroes).

As for 3D printing, while it’s a nice sentiment, most people won’t do it. It won’t really make an impact on pricing on eBay.

Edit: sorry if this came off a little harsh.
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:06 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

The first year of law school is notoriously miserable and law school is more conducive to remote learning than undergrad, IMHO. And I worked in a law firm my last semester of college, too. It's a good job before law school.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I’m hoping it’s not too rough, but music school was a cake walk (in the real sense of the term; the cake walk was an exceptionally challenging dance). I hope to see you guys next year in Indy!
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

College is fun. Law school sucks. But I've had a good career and I love my job, so I'm not complaining about where it's led. Next year, as you say.

= =
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
PLEASE, I hope people will take you up on this. This is a very real issue. Also, have you considered bidding and trying to "Save" eBay sales that are going super high to the "scalpers" - as you say?

I know eBay is a lot harder to compete with, but it's just a thought cause I'm not sure just how much traction you'll get here since this is something I feel like you'd really need to "Market" to get the word out ya know?

idk, maybe I could mention it on my YouTube channel...hmmm
Thanks for the kind words! I’m in talks with someone right now (I actually met them at a local tourney years back). I’ll check out eBay, but I’m not sure what I can win on there. As soon as I’m paying as much as the big resellers, I have to sell the figures for what they are. As much as I’m not trying to make much of a profit, I’m also trying to avoid losing money!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades