Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: What is your opinion regarding the Occupy Movements?
There is an Occupy movement in my town, and I support these people and their cause. 14 19.72%
There isn't an Occupy movement in my town, and I support these people and their cause. 7 9.86%
There is an Occupy movement in my town, and I disapprove of these people and their cause. 14 19.72%
There isn't an Occupy movement in my town, and I disapprove of these people and their cause. 19 26.76%
Who? I don't really understand this movement, or what it stands for. 17 23.94%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 25th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Occupy Opinions?

I guess I just don't think "we want to fix everything wrong in the financial and government sectors!" is a good rallying cry. Sounds like biting off more than you can chew ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Well you'd be right for sure. But the economy didn't get in this situation overnight and it won't be fixed with any quick solutions but there are a lot of things that could be done to start us down the right path. Unfortunately there is a lot of opposition to the contrary to make things better. LilMoochie's suggestions would be great but making that happen will not be an easy battle. The DemoRepubs government is just one party that exists as a force to help big biz and doesn't listen to its citizens.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:34 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Which is why I wish they'd focus on a few small, easier to push for items and rally folks around those, like, say ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
1) Overturn of Citizen United decision. This, IMO, has perhaps the darkest implications of any Supreme Court Decision since Dred Scott.

2) "Too big to Fail is too Big to Exist." Reinstatement of Glass-Steagal. This is what got us into this mess in the first place and the first place we should look to keep it from happening again. We're not 5 years out from the bailout and little has changed. I'd be willing to wait at least until Volcker goes into effect but I think that major changes need to happen.

3)Increased tax rate on the top 1% Heck- we don't need to raise it to European levels- just take it to Reagan-era.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IAmBatman again.
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Here is also a great article explaining things very well, its not from American mainstream media of course, it takes a foreign source to get facts straight.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:37 PM

That's usually the case, given American media's bent on "infotainment."

Old November 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Here is also a great article explaining things very well, its not from American mainstream media of course, it takes a foreign source to get facts straight.
From the article, it says "US citizens of all political persuasions are still reeling from images of unparallelled police brutality". I'm not minimizing being pepper sprayed (and I don't view pepper spray to be just a food product), but protesters around the world have been killed, tortured and imprisoned. This is hardly "unparallelled police brutality". When an article starts with this sort of bias, its hard to trust anything else in it. I trust this viewpoint no more than I trust Megyn Kelly's.
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:55 PM

Honestly, the source did seem to be pretty one-sided and biased. For instance, while it took comments from Occupy participants, there was no sign that comments were even sought from police officials, public officials, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General