Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
You summon unit cards [...] using a clever point mechanism that is based on destroying enemy units and/or seeding your summon points with sacraficial discards.
This is a mechanic that I found to be nice. It works very well, and like SuperflyTNT said, it will work very well with the ****** faction when it is released.

It is a quick and often brutal combat/strategy game. It is easily transported. It is simple to learn. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Elements used:

Chess: Kill opponent's leader to win
Heroscape: You know what's in the booster packs
Every fantasy game ever made: Elves...humans...orcs...etc.
Magic TCG: 'Sacrifice' to summon more stuff.

Are the game mats or whatever you play on squares, hexes, or something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe it was mentioned they were card shaped.

I'm trying to picture these maps myself. I wonder if they are set up like dungeons, or battlefield? What sort of size. Are they customizable in anyway, or static.
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Curses, I found the answer on page two and in less than a minute someone corrects me.

Now I need to perfect a hobby game and get it on the market to compete with Truth .

Quote:
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:31 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I believe it was mentioned they were card shaped.

I'm trying to picture these maps myself. I wonder if they are set up like dungeons, or battlefield? What sort of size. Are they customizable in anyway, or static.
From the descrptions I've read I think it's just a grid of rectangles, with any picture underneath having no affect on actual game play.

-insert signature here-
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool stuff, Truth!
Congratulations on the news. The cards look great. I'll be eager to play this game!
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
One more question -

Will there be knights?
There will not be knights in the starter sets but they will be coming soon after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I don't know if this questions will be something that you need to keep secret for now, but if not, could you let us know a bit about the units?

The cards I've seen have both been from an elf faction. Do the other factions stay within a fantasy theme of similar genres, or do they cover a wider range, like heroscape, including robots and samurai.

I've never played a card game before, but if I can convince at least one other person in my group to try it, I'll give pick this up.
It will be fantasy.
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Truth, what are the dimensions of the cards?

~Aldin, with the Archer as his new Desktop Background

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Just two dimensions Aldin, don't get your hopes of for a newfangled four dimensional mind-bending extravaganza.

Quote:
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Just two dimensions Aldin, don't get your hopes of for a newfangled four dimensional mind-bending extravaganza.
Funny. Wrong, but funny.

~Aldin, who knows that even a thin third dimension is still a dimension

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
It will be fantasy.
I'm glad to hear that. I am a much bigger fan of the strictly fantasy game, rather than the sci-fi elements.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Truth, what are the dimensions of the cards?

~Aldin, with the Archer as his new Desktop Background
2-3/8 in. x 3-1/2 in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games