Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beta Ray Bill (Final Editing)

I can't not see that now when I look at the picture lol. Comic art is the way to go always for me.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
I can't not see that now when I look at the picture lol.
A3n's comment gave me a good chuckle.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 6th, 2015, 05:30 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
STORMBREAKER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4 + Special. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may subtract 3 from the Range number. If you do, Beta Ray Bill may attack any or all adjacent figures, one at a time, rolling 1 additional attack die for each figure Beta Ray Bill attacked this turn, to a maximum of +2 dice.
Reducing the Range number seems like an unnecessary (and unusual) extra step, since the adjacency requirement makes that redundant. (And from a thematic standpoint, he isn't really "reducing his range," he's just choosing to swipe at everyone within arm's reach.)

Also, it's unclear whether the bonus dice are progressive or not, and if they are, whether the +1 kicks in on the first figure or the second. In other words, if he attacks 4 adjacent figures, three interpretations are possible:
  • Roll 4+2=6 dice against each figure.
  • Roll 4, then 5, then 6, then 6.
  • Roll 5, then 6, then 6, then 6.
Although it can be interpreted all three ways, I assume since you're not doing the usual "roll once for all figures" thing that it's meant to be either the second or third option.

When other units do the progressive-attacks thing, they usually describe it iteratively, specifying that after each attack you can attack again as long as some condition is still met (or hasn't been reached), and usually adding or subtracting a die along the way. The SWORDPLAY and MASTER SWORDPLAY special powers on units like Fandral, Baron Zemo, Swordsman, and Talia al Ghul offer a wording template whose basic structure seems like what you want here.
Range 4. Attack 4 + Special.
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, adding 1 attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 1 more attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.
Or, get rid of the progressive math altogether and just make it really easy for the reader:
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may then attack a different adjacent figure by rolling 5 attack dice. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 6 attack dice for each of those subsequent attacks.
Another way to go is to use a variation on Deathlok's PLASMA BURSTS SPECIAL ATTACK:
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may attack any or all adjacent figures, rolling 1 more attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice. He cannot attack the same figure more than once this turn.
EDIT: I just now noticed Living Laser's LASER BARRAGE SPECIAL ATTACK, whose approach could be used as follows:
Range 4. Attack 4, 5, 6.
After using this special attack, if Beta Ray Bill attacked an adjacent figure, he may continue to attack any or all remaining adjacent figures. Roll one more attack die each time, to a maximum of +2 dice.
These examples assume you want the +1 to start with the second attack and not the first (which is the simpler way to write it, but may or may not have been your intent).

On the other hand, if you actually intended to count up the targets and add that many dice (maximum 2) to every attack, then the iterative thing won't work since you have to choose how many figures to target up front. In that case, I would recommend something like this:
Beta Ray Bill may attack one non-adjacent figure or any number of adjacent figures. If he attacks adjacent figure(s), add a number of dice to each attack equal to the total number of figures he is attacking, up to a maximum of +2 dice.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 6th, 2015, 06:40 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Range 4 + Special. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may subtract 3 from the Range number. If you do, Beta Ray Bill may attack any or all adjacent figures, one at a time, rolling 1 additional attack die for each figure Beta Ray Bill attacked this turn, to a maximum of +2 dice.
Reducing the Range number seems like an unnecessary (and unusual) extra step, since the adjacency requirement makes that redundant. (And from a thematic standpoint, he isn't really "reducing his range," he's just choosing to swipe at everyone within arm's reach.)

Also, it's unclear whether the bonus dice are progressive or not, and if they are, whether the +1 kicks in on the first figure or the second. In other words, if he attacks 4 adjacent figures, three interpretations are possible:
  • Roll 4+2=6 dice against each figure.
  • Roll 4, then 5, then 6, then 6.
  • Roll 5, then 6, then 6, then 6.
Although it can be interpreted all three ways, I assume since you're not doing the usual "roll once for all figures" thing that it's meant to be either the second or third option.

When other units do the progressive-attacks thing, they usually describe it iteratively, specifying that after each attack you can attack again as long as some condition is still met (or hasn't been reached), and usually adding or subtracting a die along the way. The SWORDPLAY and MASTER SWORDPLAY special powers on units like Fandral, Baron Zemo, Swordsman, and Talia al Ghul offer a wording template whose basic structure seems like what you want here.
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, adding 1 attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 1 more attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.
Or, get rid of the progressive math altogether and just make it really easy for the reader:
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may then attack a different adjacent figure by rolling 5 attack dice. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 6 attack dice for each of those subsequent attacks.
Another way to go is to use a variation on Deathlok's PLASMA BURSTS SPECIAL ATTACK:
If Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure, he may attack any or all adjacent figures, rolling 1 more attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice. He cannot attack the same figure more than once this turn.
EDIT: I just now noticed Living Laser's LASER BARRAGE SPECIAL ATTACK, whose approach could be used as follows:
Range 4. Attack 4, 5, 6.
After using this special attack, if Beta Ray Bill attacked an adjacent figure, he may continue to attack any or all remaining adjacent figures. Roll one more attack die each time, to a maximum of +2 dice.
These examples assume you want the +1 to start with the second attack and not the first (which is the simpler way to write it, but may or may not have been your intent).

On the other hand, if you actually intended to count up the targets and add that many dice (maximum 2) to every attack, then the iterative thing won't work since you have to choose how many figures to target up front. In that case, I would recommend something like this:
Beta Ray Bill may attack one non-adjacent figure or any number of adjacent figures. If he attacks adjacent figure(s), add a number of dice to each attack equal to the total number of figures he is attacking, up to a maximum of +2 dice.
I like this one the best.

Quote:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old January 11th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Going off the one marrowick liked, I think this would more closely follow precedent:
Quote:
After Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure with this special attack, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, rolling 1 additional attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 1 additional attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 11th, 2015, 01:46 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
After Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure with this special attack, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, rolling 1 additional attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, rolling 1 additional attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.
Those first couple of changes (in red) are good, but I'm slightly concerned about the phrases in blue. The exactness of the repetition creates a sense of each subsequent attack adding exactly the same number of dice. Now granted the +2 cap then forces the reader who read it that way to reconsider, but it's nice to find a wording where he doesn't have to reevaluate his interpretation mid-read. So how would you feel about this tweak?
After Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure with this special attack, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, adding 1 attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, adding another attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.
Or possibly this?
After Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure with this special attack, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, adding 1 to his attack. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, adding another 1 for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 11th, 2015, 01:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sorry, I've been out of touch. Had to go out of the state for a funeral to very rural Kentucky so I had no connectivity. Drove all night to get out ahead of a winter storm and got in about 5 hours ago. Looks like there may be some changes so once they get sorted out I will hit this again.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Sorry, I've been out of touch. Had to go out of the state for a funeral to very rural Kentucky so I had no connectivity. Drove all night to get out ahead of a winter storm and got in about 5 hours ago. Looks like there may be some changes so once they get sorted out I will hit this again.
Sorry to hear that man, glad you made it safe though.

As for the card, between those 2 wording options, this sounds more correct:

After Beta Ray Bill attacks an adjacent figure with this special attack, he may then attack a different adjacent figure, adding 1 attack die. He may continue attacking different adjacent figures, adding another attack die for each subsequent attack, up to a maximum of +2 dice.

And Japes, not sure if you saw, but A3N had a couple changes he wanted with the mini figure pic angle, and spacing issues on the card:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@japes , "Special" should be on the second line, we made the design decision that Special & Attack shouldn't be broken over lines. Also what is the leading size of the line between the powers? It looks bigger than 5.

Also can we use one of the other angled pictures. That angle looks ridiculous. Like a horse riding a pretend horse.
If I may suggest, maybe make those changes and upload a version of the card with both options of Bill's suggested wording for the SA? Just in case it is voted one way or another, we'll already have both ready to go and able to be voted on?
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
BACK TO BACK
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Unique Asgardian Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if Beta Ray Bill is adjacent to that Hero, you may immediately attack with Beta Ray Bill.
I think he will be used much more with warriors 3 than with Thor. 3 turns with heavy hitters +1 big attack is pretty mean.
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Warriors Three has you move or attack instead of taking a turn, though. So you've never actually taken a turn with the figure that got the OM, and Bill shouldn't be able to use Back to Back.
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:45 PM

Not to mention the cost of all 4 of the characters would be around 1,340. Opening up quite a bit of counters to that army. The player will just have to be smart as to not let all of them surround a figure.
Old January 13th, 2015, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What can I do to help get this design finalized? It is sunny today so I can take another set of pics if needed or reload the ones I took before at the larger setting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library